Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

He’s confusing solo with hermit I think.

2 Likes

Real solo players don’t interact with other humans. :triumph:

At this point, we know something is coming today so all we gotta do is wait and see how Blizz addresses the feedback to last night’s hotfixes. :dracthyr_comfy_green:

It’s hilarious to me that you think I’m trying to gatekeep solo play, when I’m just making the distinction between players playing the game completely solo, and players who use the game to socialize.

There is a difference whether you admit it or not.

People who don’t play the game for the social aspect(because the marketing for TWW) may not have known that solo play was harder than group play.

What’s hard to understand about that?

I’m not real?? Since when? :astonished:

1 Like

Hopefully they’re just nerfing them a little more, or just fixing the group scaling. I think, for solo play, they’re in a good spot as they are now (unless you’re a tank that definitely needs addressing) but making them any more difficult will be too much

1 Like

Well, solo is easy now so they got what they wanted. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

Nah, they’re fine solo for tanks now. Exception is the minibosses.

People like you are the problem… it is definitely broken now. my prot pally is getting hit 18 million white swings from trash. They already announced they will push another fix today to solve it.

Maybe try not to white knight a billion dollar company that decided to throw away its QA?

Making us sit through multiple 4 hour maintenances a week but not bothering test this bonkers broken “hotfix” at all and pushing live is insane.

1 Like

I understand that internally you may not like the original tuning, but they felt really appropriate imo. As a 590 resto shaman healer a tier 8 delve solo with a level 18 Brann was tough. If I did not use my abilities properly, including major/minor CDs, talents, and mobility, there was a very high chance of death/failure. The solo experience was slower, but that felt right.

In group content of 3/4 + Brann, with 1 tank, me heals, and Brann/1/2 dps, if we pulled pack-to-pack it was what I consider easy, but at the expense of time. If we tried to MDI Gigapull the dungeon, things got very real even with the scaling favoring group play. The difficulty/time balance seemed to fit well.

I wish you wouldn’t have adjusted this. I think it’s completely understandable that people trying to do tier 8 delves at 570 ilvl with a level 10 Brann struggle as that is no different than a full raid of 57x average item level players trying to fight the hardest heroic Palace bosses. It just isn’t the right level of content for the players under those conditions and provides an achievable goal to work toward. If grouping with a couple of friends provides accessibility to getting the highest delve reward, then that is fine as it rewards for doing the experience as an MMO > solo. Just my take but I’m also highly annoyed at what has happened to my Delve experience over the last 24 hours and I am a solo player that will help groups when asked.

2 Likes

The problem with making things harder on live after things were already done by people is that people will always compare what they already did to what they’re doing and it will always feel worse getting the same rewards for more difficult content that they already got rewards from.

If they were too easy in beta that’s one thing, but now thousands of people have already breezed through group T8s and now have an expectation of difficulty vs. reward that you set via a launched live game. We aren’t in beta anymore.

Did it feel right that delves were much better rewards for much easier content than M0? Not really, but that just made people think M0 might be overtuned.

4 Likes

And you all thought this would go any different than any other time they put out something cool and fun…

Blizz will never stop being blizz…

1 Like

No, No they are not. The incoming hotfix proves you… wrong… again… as usual…

2 Likes

Reminder: at the current rate of Rune Crest acquisition from delves, you’ll be able to hit that “upgrade item” button a total of 9 times by 2026!

Not 2025, 2026.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s what’s wrong with scaling. Just the fact that we’re CONCERNED about it.

6 Likes

They don’t test anything, and they don’t like when you call them out for the amount of stupid they pump out.

Can we please get back to Hiring people with passion for gaming/gamers instead of w/e this new age bucket of monkeys is!?

10 Likes

I see people in the comment saying that solo is easier now? Because yesterday I was doing 8s fine, and today I was getting torn apart like a child trying to fight a pack of wolves. A tier 8 that I did yesterday with little issue, took me repeated deaths and resetting, potions, waiting for CDs to come off…cooldown, between each pull, just to get past trash packs of like 2-3 mobs today, on the same character. O_O

Funny thing is if you would have changed nothing it would be better. So I guess thanks for looking into an issue you created

3 Likes

There was a hotfix late afternoon yesterday that completely broke everything, and then another one after that that fixed it but they’re still a little harder than they were early yesterday

I mean I just blew through a 11 without any deaths and I’m 40 ilev below what we end at. The only thing that did anything was the twin/spider elite pack which everybody just death runs, invis pots or w/e.

Again, this is solo tank. I don’t know what’s going on in group content.

Sorry to hear you’ve been having difficulties.

1 Like

this feature is not balanced around classes so there are some rushing through this garbages expansion feature and some are struggling hard.

I hope it will get an nevergreen