Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

I…did the delves solo, though.

I mean, I’m sure CE players have tested things in the past for them, paid or otherwise. But then what works for a CE player probably doesn’t work for everyone.

Again, we’re talking about how people who play solo would know that there is a difference between solo and group play.

Are you trolling or dense?

Easy, fella. Sorry to hear you’ve been having difficulties since the adjustments. I’m just saying that I think that the mode is pretty great as a solo tank now.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you can’t understand the most basic of concepts.

I guess they’re out all day doing goodbye lunches that started at 10AM and end at 2AM …

I would be. They’ve got a game with a big stack of bugs and raging players, and meanwhile corporate announces another round of layoffs. Time to turn the paging app off, take the gang to Applebee’s, and start drinking.

Isn’t there a chat channel when you’re in delves? Like general chat in cities, but for delves?
Even playing solo, you’d have access to that I think.

1 Like

Eh, fair enough. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Why would solo players have general chat on if the entire point is to play solo?

Yes there is a general chat for delves when you are in one.

1 Like

Yeah I also paid for my Immortal title and sponsorship through early raids.

I tried an 11 as a healer with a level 36 Brann and the first mini boss in Fung ignores Brann and auto attacks me for half my health. Maybe it’s doable with a lot of kiting but if you can tank stuff like that it’s definitely easier as a tank.

With a level 36 Brann

Given that Branns were nerfed to L15, what, 2-3 days ago, I’m like, what?

Because you can still be social while doing an encounter solo?
I don’t know, I didn’t think “solo players” cut off the entire world.

6 Likes

Because the delve system was marketed as friendly towards that?

Apparently we’re gatekeeping what solo is now. :dracthyr_crylaugh: My bad. I wasn’t aware that doing content solo wasn’t actually solo just because I have friends/guildies to chat with about stuff.

4 Likes

Tip for Blizz; Don’t do non dungeon or raid things.
You guys suck at it.
Or at least hire someone who is proven in doing this stuff well.

I like talking in General while I’m in a delve. It reminds me of the old days. Have a wipe in Wailing Caverns and laugh about it with the other poor fools trying to figure out what the heck an ‘interrupt’ is, or share some absurdity you saw in Barrens chat while doing a ghost run.

I am a heavily solo player because I like taking challenges at my own pace, not because I dislike interacting with people – though others may differ.

1 Like

It would be nice to get an idea of what the developers want out of Delves.

• Obviously you want them to be fun. Let’s just start there. Take the pulse of the community and roll back the last hotfix. You have made them completely not fun for the vast majority of your players. And this isn’t just the vocal minority on this forum - my guild, Trade chat, Delves general when you’re inside are constantly talking about how much they suck now. Time to go back to the drawing board.

• Rewarding solo content seems like the niche it can 100% fill… assuming yes, just end the grouping aspect of it (or at least remove 4-5 person capability - we already have a system for small groups) and triple down on the 1-3 man experience.

• Are they meant to be casual content? If so, use the Legion model - make it pretty faceroll to blast though challenge-wise and limit the gear you can get to 1 piece a week + Vault.

• Are they meant to be a pillar just like Mythic+ and Raiding with equal rewards? Then you really have to tailor these to every single spec in the game to insure they can compete… and you have to be 100% OK with them being better than Mythic+ and Raiding. Why? Because when all else was equal, Mythic+ became the ideal way to gear to the point where raiding participation plummeted. It is much easier to organize Mythic+ than it is Raiding… just as Delves will be much easier to “organize” than Mythic+ (IE: you can just walk into one, or just grab a buddy or two, don’t even need a tank/healer).

1 Like