Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

And fun. The most important aspect. Not to have these delves draining. I’m ok for a challenge. Like way before these hotfixes tier 7 was a challenge at the end boss but I had fun.

Currently now tier 8 is not fun.

Well thanks for the information. I only played them with friends and really enjoyed being able to play with 1-3 friends, how ever many are online.

But now we all do them solo while hanging out in discord.

This is clearly a design/tuning fail for me.

2 Likes

Yeah, they should both be viable.

1 Like

Testing delves across 13 tiers, with every spec and gear level, in a beta would be nearly impossible. The sheer amount of variables—different classes, gear setups, and interactions—would require an endless testing cycle. No beta could cover all scenarios without it dragging on forever. Live testing post-launch is the only realistic way to catch all the nuances.

Former Ncsoft dev here.

1 Like

Except it was tested. The bugs were reported. They fell on deaf ears.

4 Likes

Are you telling me they can’t figure out what white damage is going to be before they put changed code into production?

Wouldn’t know. Solo is the only option I know of. Don’t have friends or guild members in the game to group with.

This. Solo players had no idea how much easier group content was.

Brann would be a lot better if he didn’t leave his exotic pet at home and he won’t even summon something else for bloodlust.

I did from seeing friends, guildies and just reading third party stuff like forums, reddit, discords, etc. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: Didn’t realize it was just actually free to do it grouped, though. Like, free. Not just easier but free.

Could we fix beast hunter while we are at it?

I’d be willing to bet they did nothing to white damage specifically; i.e. this is a side effect of whatever they did do that they never foresaw.

4 Likes

I think what people were doing previously was blatantly unintended and anybody that tries to argue that rezzing to largely negate the death limit was actually perfectly fine are kidding themself.

That said, it also seems clear that you’re absolutely right - having some sort of scaling for the lives for groups only makes sense. I don’t think it should be as much as 5 lives per person, a group is liable to have more tools to avoid deaths than someone alone, but being left at just 5 lives is definitely too low.

I’m not understanding how I’m supposed to gear up in Delves. For instance, my gear got me into T5, but the boss absolutely wrecked me with damage I couldn’t avoid. I basically need to get up to T6 to do T5 like I geared for T5 to do T4. Makes no sense lol

Okay? Good for you.

Some of us play solo. You understand what that means, right?

The only reason I’m here is because I took a 22m melee from a tier 8 last night.

1 Like

You pay a group of testers. Blizzard can’t afford a bunch of testers? it’s ridiculous. Better to ruin the gaming experience for millions of players.

3 Likes

Maybe? :dracthyr_a1: I was just doing mine solo because it’s some peace and quiet alone away from all my group content stuff.

And I just breezed through 2 11s so maybe try again? Feels good as a solo tank right now.

So you don’t play solo, you did solo content.

Big difference.

Some of us play the game solo.

Yes and no.

Testing white damage during beta is tricky because it’s tied to so many variables—gear scaling, talent interactions, and class balance—that evolve throughout the game. In beta, you might get a rough idea, but to test it fully across all specs, gear levels, and content, it would take forever.

It sounds like you might have a different idea of what a beta actually is. A beta isn’t meant to be a full, exhaustive test of every possible scenario in the game. It’s more about finding and fixing major issues, testing core systems, and getting feedback on big-picture mechanics.

Functionally many of us were completing delves all week. From a standpoint of can we put it in the game. The answer was yes. Might some class be completely F’d in the A. Also yes. Are we going to fix that in beta not necessarily.

This is fine tuning and yeah typically that’s not what we care about.

Soloing and grouping should be more or less the same in delves. That’s hard to nail down because solo can be done with more than 30 different specs, but it shouldn’t be the case that one is clearly better than the other.

That aura placed on tanks will likely be adjusted if not outright removed, since there’s not really a reason why tanks should be taking more damage compared to the other roles.

Other than that, I’m hoping that casts can be toned down even more than they already are. Casts are a lot harder to deal with than autoattacks and you’ll often have 2 or more mobs at once just spamming the crap out of them. Most of these casts have secondary effects too, including slows which makes it even worse for melee to be able to get in range to interrupt them.

Aside from this stuff, I’m mostly fine with the balancing (unpopular opinion, I know). I acknowledge that at the level where delves hand out champion track gear, that’s above what an M0 provides and it should have a difficulty to match.