Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

Everybody realized instantly that it was considerably harder solo. :dracthyr_love_animated:

Except the players who, you know, play solo?

1 Like

i did my first few t8s solo, so i definitely noticed when i jumped in a group how much easier it felt. but i didn’t compare health pools or anything, i assumed it was just the impact of having 4-5x as many kicks and stuns :man_shrugging:

Yes, everyone knew that, but it scaling backwards in groups wasn’t fully known to most. I never noticed it the entire time I played. I also never went beyond a duo.

1 Like

While I agree that fixing scaling with the number of people in a delve should be done, can we address that after the hotfix went live, I’ve been getting hit for 2 mill per hit on a dps character in solo t8s? Even if i was 20 ilvl above the recommended level, it wouldn’t matter when tuning is that out of whack.

I thought “Maybe they just messed it up for dps” - so I went tank, and immediately got 1-shot by the first web blast that hit me for 9 mill…

2 Likes

No, not everyone knew that.

If you only play solo, how would you?

Not everyone reads the forums.

Enough with these live updates. Use the PTR and test.

1 Like

I meant harder as in being alone, less kicks makes anything harder by default. The crawler mine boss alone has 2 things that need to be kicked during the encounter and brann never gets it right. A second person makes kicks on a boss trivial.

then if you play a healing priest, you just have no kicks at all.

1 Like

I haven’t faced that one but I have faced the twins. I get so nuked so fast I don’t know what is going on or how to react.

1 Like

Fair enough, I thought you meant solo vs group size scaling issues.

Personally, I play solo, so I had no idea I was taking way more damage than DPS in solo, and way less than groups were.

I don’t get way it shouldn’t be easier with friends?

Isn’t this an MMO? Am I not supposed to play with others? D3 scaled only by 50% up per player to incentivise group play. This makes no sense.

Making it only soloable or playable with a full group (in the sense of heal tank and dd) makes no sense.

What is the goal?

I only soloed as a bear and reached the point where I had to wait for incarn with every pull. Honestly I didn’t see it worth the gear with M+ coming out next week.

It wasn’t until last night that I tried a group with friends who wanted a tank, in a group of 4 I never dropped below 80% for the same delve level.

Kind of sucks I didn’t know and didn’t use up all my keys early in the week…

Before the changed it was massively undertuned when in a group that also has access to more abilities, which is silly. It’s like 150-200% harder solo for no reason.

Okay, yeah, and being able to do it solo or group is good, but it wasn’t tuned properly.

Literally bringing in a friend and having them afk made it easier than doing it solo natty.

1 Like

Its why I am not holding my breath on Blizzard until I see actual evidence that they nerfed the heck out of delves and not just these small percentages but did a complete nerf bat on scaling and rebalancing.

1 Like

the goal is to be able to have an option to play solo or w/ friends…

1 Like

Neither did I and I did disc priest and holy paladin. Appareantly we take even more damage for being a healer or tank so that’s another layer of stupid to add to the pile.

Before they changed it, it was easier to park an alt inside on a second account than it was to solo it.

Yeah, exactly. Beyond silly. :dracthyr_crylaugh: I don’t get the people who did it as a grouped and cleared it by accident while ignoring mechanics because everything just died in 3 seconds going “umm this is intended”.

It would take days to bring any fixes if they put it on the PTR first. Also, you’d need a significant amount of players spending time on the PTR to generate the data required. You think players are going to spend their weekend on the PTR for this?

They hotfixed players into this situation. They have to hotfix their way out, sadly.

Especially spending time on the PTR for delves.