Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

so just curious, is there not a “oops this broke something, revert to previous build” button? If there is, why has it not been pressed until PROPER tuning can be figured out?

And if not, why?

3 Likes

Problem is they spawn in random locations and can’t always be avoided. For me it’s the adds that make some of them nearly impossible because I just can’t deal with the incoming damage long enough to even kill one of the adds. If it was just the boss I could probably manage it. The miniboss adds do at least 50% more damage than standard mobs, at least before that last hotfix. Unless they also nerfed the health a little bit I’m not sure that’ll make it much less insane.

1 Like
  1. Fun Detected
  2. Great game play experience
  3. Way Less Toxic Environment than Mythic groups

Blizzard: Nerf it into the ground!

Get bent devs. This is ridiculous.

10 Likes

I would simply love for them to explain what they were thinking and why.

Also I thought delves sounded stupid when I first heard about them. Turns out I was having a blast and got a +11 done yesterday. I had planned to try some harder ones today to see what I could do for no other reason then fun, thats simply done now.

4 Likes

Group delves were stupid easy, they over buffed

1 Like

If you lose all your lives before final boss it’s generally worth using the leave delve function and going again. This way you get a second attempt at the bountiful loot.

2 Likes

Who cares?

2 Likes

There is, it is a song called Oops!.. We Did It Again! By Blizzard.

1 Like

So, what is happening is the system sees the group dying as “lives lost” and subtracts from the total each member has? Am I understanding this correctly?

The problem is they made it so unfun, it will last even shorter, since everyone will just skip it do LFR, get bored of LFR in a few weeks and quit.

4 Likes

can we get less heavy handed hot fixes and more thought out patches for resets? like this wasn’t necessary at all. nothing was broken. nothing was being exploited.

2 Likes

They were so easy the correct method was to group, solo was considerably harder

Also, they were far to easy to give the loot they were

1 Like

Thanks for the thread dude.

You get MVP this weekend!

Absolutely wrong. We gave constant feedback and most of it was ignored except for whatever the world first guilds gave regarding their concerns. Since they weren’t doing delves, feedback from us normies was ignored.

6 Likes

Each member doesn’t have a set amount of lives. It is a pool shared across the group. So, if the group wipes, the entire pool of lives is depleted.

Oh cool. I wonder what new RNG hotfixes we’ll get mid-delve this time. This is like a new mini-game. Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

And here in is the crux of the problem. Per player opinion, the difficulty vs reward wasn’t what players (the forum minority) wanted, or thought they wanted.

You had a mixed bag of complaints ranging from, “Delves are way too hard for me to clear a tier 8 solo, to Delves are way too easy, and I’m burning through this content way too fast”.

The developers were quick to oblige the player base and make changes, those changes just ended up being really bad.

1 Like

Brann deals near-0 damage and folds in 2-3 hits from Zekvir. Outside of that lobster, he’s still considerably weaker and taking considerably increased damage while solo.

1 Like

Are those responsible being held accountable…

2 Likes

Again, who cares? All that was needed was a small fix to solo delves then.

1 Like