Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

Did they hotfix this hot mess yet? I don’t want to go in and get 1 shot by trash…

Why do we have multiple 4 hour maintenances weekly but this garbage was pushed live in a mid-week hotfix with ZERO testing?

1 Like

bro the gear was better than M+ on t8, go and do lower tiers and youll still be ready for it

its not broken, it was broken before.

If there’s anything we learned from SOD it’s that they can’t do math. And everytime fun is detected, it was actually a bug so you can’t be mad it ‘got fixed’.

I think the 3x still only applies if you solo. Aka, they really punish solo tanks. Now that the group damage is way up, its “more like” solo I guess?

I still think they just messed up on this hotfix, I doubt they meant for mobs to hit for 20+ million or for white damage to be impossible.

For now, I’m just taking a break from the game until they balance it better. They have really borked the idea of “gearing up” - and I really thought Delves was to prepare us for M+.

Hahahaha

A meme is worth a thousand words.

1 Like

really making it hard to wanna come back to retail

1 Like

Don’t forget to share a little blame for the people that brought this up at all. The sour grapes people that were stamping their feet about groups having an easier time than solo.

3 Likes

Waterworks 11 no deaths

Who here is skilled enough

Ive got some math for you.
You said you wanted to get ready for m0 in delves

[ilvl in mythic 0] < [ilvl in tier 8 delve]
by a fair bit

Don’t forget to share a little blame for the people that brought this up at all. The sour grapes people that were stamping their feet about groups having an easier time than solo.

Except this bug affects solo as well.

I run these duo with my other half’s retadin.

They just ruined it. Congrats.

If you insist:

And Details of the Zekvir kill to prove that it was solo:

I like how these guys want proof not realizing that Brann could solo zekvir, I guess they just never tried but now it’s too late for them to get the sweet unlock.

im glad i did the let me solo him acheivement pre hotfix. seems like people will have to wait a month now. cat pointing and laughing emoji

The thing with Zekvir, is you need to burst down the spider adds (ideally before they spawn), geting hit by either frontal is basically a wipe, and kick the dot/slow he casts (although you can cheese it with freedom and similar effects, and bran will occasionally dispel)

1 Like

My point is that there was an enormous wall of cry posting here, and on Reddit that it was easier to do delves in a group than solo.

So, in monkeypaw fashion, they made it harder to do in a group, and in solo. They won’t learn their lesson though, that they should have been happy that it was soloable at all. Getting dev attention on something rarely ends up well, because blizzard’s incentive is to tune things so content “lasts” an entire season.

Did stuff actually change in solo?

The only thing note I saw for solo was wowhead datamining a 20% nerf to mob spells in solo delves

Probably some harried junior developer with minimal understanding of all the underlying systems that have been stacked on top of each other over the years being given drive-by instructions to implement a specific change as fast as possible and doing so without any way of confirming the outcome is as expected.

If it was on the toon your posting your iLevel is much lower than the reco’d level for an 8. Regardless of the still weird scaling and how it was yesterday it seems right that you would struggle.

There are Tiers for the same reason they exist in M+.

Only for Tier 7 and 8 which reward Champ Gear. Since this is a Seasonal prog system like M+ most players probably weren’t meant to do that level in the first week.