Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

Yeah the rez change is…rough in a place that can just one shot an entire party lol.

2 Likes

I thought they nerfed the damage you take in Delves as a group compared to what already looked lower than solo?

The issue was that as a tank you took 2.5m damage solo compared to 1m while in a group(and now you take even less while in a group lol, but 20% less solo). I’m not sure in what upside down world this makes sense, but whatever idk.

1 Like

Not looking good. Aside the fact that beta testing apparently didn’t exist, it seems like delving is heading towards a more group orientated activity and the solos are gonna end up sucking it again.

1 Like

That was the intention.

But it looks like the scaling is cooked and now the damage has jumped even higher when in a group, to unsurviable levels.

Okay so that sounds like a new bug was introduced and will need another hotfix then. From reading this it looks like groups are still good but enemies just have more hp, but do lower damage to compensate. Oh and try not to die at all obviously just like solo players seems fair.

If they want the combat revive to be a thing again then just make Brann able to combat revive Solo in Delves a limited number of times (1 each?), and add a limit for Groups that refreshes at the checkpoint imo for solo/group.

I mean, good? If you die too many times, you should need to reset. Being able to have infinite lives via a Warlock + healer combo was pretty dumb, and deserved to be removed.

Oh i’m certain the insane amount of damage going out is a bug and will be addressed, hopefully soon.

It’s just wild that a hotfix with an intention to reduce damage instead spiked it to the moon lol.

2 Likes

… so a m0? If you don’t wipe who cares

1 Like

I am all for more punishments for failure in dungeons. It’s been far too long that you’ve been able to fail up via dungeons and M+.

1 Like

Just tried a t8 delve which I was able to do yesterday with no issues. Mobs are hitting much much harder and are taking longer to kill. Ran into Tala and I could not beat her. The web bolt spam was destroying me and there was nothing I could do about it.

Bottom line is that delves were fun yesterday before the change and now they are not. I was looking forward to them since I like to play solo but I think I will skip them until something is done and if not I might be done.

2 Likes

We tried to 5 man that one earlier today and got screwed hard.

We didn’t realize the tuning changes, and our team grabbed a 2nd abom only for us to wipe a few seconds later to two uninterruptable aoe pulses.

Then, we redid the dungeon… only for the first abom to fall straight through the floor and bug out. Cool. Redo dungeon. Same thing happens again 3 more times.

Last attempt they didn’t bug out, and we only pulled one at a time. Only the blood DK, warrior and the other lock and i could survive because of self heals and dark pact and resolve.

Our poor mage was just screwed, nothing he could do. He’d eventually die.

We completed it finally… and all got trash rewards.

I’m of the opinion the best gear should be locked behind raid, but it was very unsatisfying I’ll admit lol.

I’m for things being more fair for sure as well, but let’s be real Tier 9-11 and Tier ?? Zekvir are supposed to be the real hardcore challenge here.

This content is mostly meant as progression for casual/midcore world players and not meant for M+, Arena, and Mythic raiders at all.

1 Like

Maybe you don’t pug a lot… But this content is too hard for >90% of the player base. It’s not fun. It’s bad. While I’m enjoying the challenge, half the people I’m taking into mythic dungeons for the first time want to uninstall and go back to FIFA or call of duty.

So I mean, by all means, advocate for ‘more punishments’.

1 Like

I mean, right about now, it’s popping out so many champion items that for people who care about their PvE performance, they are currently the best content to be doing repeatedly.

I’ve been clearing T8s solo just fine. And I know that there are some incredibly bad players in this game, and they are struggling to adapt to content where they don’t hilariously over-gear it (ALA Remix).

But better rewards come from more difficult content. If you’re only good enough to clear T5, Then you only clear T5s. Get better if you want the loot/achievements from T8+

Send the screen shots big guy. Don’t try to bait with pre-patch.

2 Likes

What, Pre-Nerf?

Lol he doesn’t have them.

1 Like

Good thing i killed zekvir on ?? difficulty and cleared every delve difficulty prior.

2 Likes

Good job fixing this Blizzard the amount of people crying about it has been hilarious :popcorn:

1 Like

You can tell the brain drain hit Blizz HARD. The new people have decent ideas, but have zero clue how to implement them due to lacking in both design and technical skills. And basic math apparently.