Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

Pretty sure they sent this hotfix out the door and went home for the night.

9 Likes

So, par for the course for every Blizzard decision? Gotcha.

2 Likes

I feel like that is as metaphorical as it is literal.

1 Like

After a miserable experience with Waterworks i essentially lost all motivation to do Delves.

If a freaking tiny Kobold is pretty much one shotting me while in group, then you scaled this BADLY.

7 Likes

I meant it very literal. lol

2 Likes

The War Within: You’ll be sorry you complained.

7 Likes

The War Within: Just Wait til Next Season to Login

8 Likes

So when they advertise delves as nice, 15 minute solo content adventures.

They were obviously talking about Tier 1s, right?

17 Likes

Yeah, depending on gear. I’m sure in s2 or s3 a t8 delve will only take a few minutes…

Good thing I’m lightforged.

I spent 40 minutes in Nightfall Sanctum simply because I have to have full cds. And this was before hotfix. Even then rares like the lashroom would one shot with their aoe.

I dont even want to try a delve now. I’ll just keep making gold instead.

well upside my casual butt got a t8 delve done before the hotfixes so at least I’ll get one nice gear piece this season before its back to being reminded I dont deserve any gear

13 Likes

Don’t do them in a group then. There pros and cons to doing them in a group and solo.

these delves got darn tired of your abuse.

Pros doing in group atm: you can die with your brothers!
Cons doing in group atm: undoable and/or way too long.

Pros of doing solo:
Cons of doing solo: undoable and/or way too long.

14 Likes

Wow what horrific changes, was fun for the two days I was able to do T8’s I guess, so I’ll have something in the vault. Thanks Blizz, making them harder for groups was not the call because now they are impossible lol more inane heavyhanded “fixes” just because people cried way too much.

Made the mistake of trying to do Waterworks LMAO Had a spider mob wipe out the entire group.

6 Likes

There’s just not a lot going on in this expansion… if Blizzard ruins Delves they may lose a ton of subs.

I want Delves to be difficult. I don’t want Delves to be difficult because of the fear of getting one shot. There’s too many instant death mechanics currently. And I don’t even think having ilvl 630 gear could save you with some of the damage being pumped by some abilities.

Unavoidable damage should never kill you from 100% health. Leave that to the telegraphed abilities that every class has agency over.

6 Likes

Likely, though to be honest, I’m darn tired of content being released one way, and then shortly thereafter being modified to behave a different way, usually at the player’s expense. If content is to be ‘solo-friendly’, then it should remain as such. The latest hotfix seems to have flown in the face of that, making it neither solo nor group friendly at current ilvls (the only ilvls for which it is relevant).

9 Likes

newest pic of delves after the hotfix.

you people just had to complain.

3 Likes

All they have to do is make big interruptable or avoidable abilities hit like a truck, nerf the heck out of white / auto damage. And make it a skill check.

That’s it. That is the only tuning needed. That is ALWAYS what delves should have been. The fact that anything hits for 1.5m + white damage is a joke.

Oh, and fix / revamp Waxface. Your mechanic doesn’t work properly.

5 Likes