Delves could go one of two ways in season 2

So you honestly think people that raid, and do M+ are NOT doing delves as well? You get champion track gear, a couple crests, and most importantly, a separate gear option from the vault that will give a piece of up to Heroic gear.

At this point the gear is fine. Since a fully upgraded Vet track piece of gear is higher item level than the delve at T8. You need those higher M+ and Normal / Heroic raid Crests to continue, and max out the champion gear, which the players that are relying now on delves for respectable loot will not be doing, so their gear will remain around 606.

1 Like

ā€¦not because raiders are freeloaders.

ā€¦the clock is rebelling

I was weird long before I discovered this asylum.

3 Likes

Donā€™t give away our secrets like that Qamaits. The only reason I got invited to WoW by my weird friends from Starcraft was because I was weird enough.

1 Like

Itā€™s not like I gave the away the secret handshake or clubhouse location.

1 Like

They didnā€™t even know we had a secret handshake or a clubhouse!

Thatā€™s it. Iā€™m officially declaring Qamaits a normie.

1 Like

Delves are a typical one size fits all solution to a number of complex issues. One of the issues is good players who arenā€™t necessarily loggers, and are looking for something to do in their spare time when their guild or group isnā€™t on.

Another issue was gearing up pre-season for raiding and mythic+. Clearly this was part of the purpose of delves.

They are also intended to funnel casuals and solo players into harder group content, in order to be able to upgrade their delve gear.

2 Likes

I just dont get why people complain that the loot is too good or if its too easy, at the same time they say content is too hard and they get no lootā€¦ why complain cuz they will take it away then you will have no loot lmao

Two different opinions held by different people.

Or they just keep the rewards largely the same I guess.

Yeah but thatā€™s M+ players in a nutshell, really. Raiders have felt the heat for years. For a while raids were pretty much one and done content because there was no reason to do them over M+. Then changes started happening to make raids more appealing, like reintroducing tier, having the best trinkets, and M+ ilvls getting dialled down a bit, and many M+ players started crying about needing to raid.

Itā€™s the same thing, but different target

1 Like

I wonā€™t do Delves if they nerf rewards.

They canā€™t only cater to the Extremely small % of serious M+ players.

Honestly. Go back and look at data. M+ wasnā€™t important to most players. They arenā€™t going to make 90% of players angry just to appease the 10% of players who think M+ should be the only place to earn good gear.

Iā€™ll cancel, :100: you can take it to the bank. I know A LOT more who would leave with me.

M+ players are a small, insignificant portion of the playerbase. No way Blizzard runs off hundreds of thousands of subscribers to make M+ players feel important.

2 Likes

If the driving factor for M+ players is better loot, not the content itself, then why not let these players get better loot from other sources and let M+ die? :rofl: since they only care about gear and donā€™t like the content anyway.

2 Likes

M+ used to be fun before they turned so difficult the average player canā€™t enjoy it anymore.

1 Like

Never said I did high keys - i donā€™t enjoy M+ at all. The most Iā€™d do would run 15ā€™s or whatever to unlock max vault slots. Didnā€™t even bother with all slots every week, thatā€™s how much I didnā€™t enjoy them. Wouldnā€™t have even bothered at all however didnā€™t want to fall behind in gear.

Exactly this. M+ players were laughing at raiders and telling raiders to ā€œjust do M+ā€ if they didnā€™t like it. The irony is lost on them.

2 Likes

M+ is like the annoying middle child that lashes out for attention, but the rest of the family isnā€™t really proud of either.

Raiding would be the oldest, independent sibling and delves represent the younger sibling getting all the attention

I want Blizzard to go all-in with Delves. The changes to M+ and dungeon design/selection this season feel awful if you run outside of a fixed group.

Things might feel peachy keen if you push keys with four other people, but if youā€™re a sometimes-pugger and altoholic like me, thereā€™s palpable dread when playing with strangers because of a more than even chance your teammates wonā€™t do enough HPS/DPS to meet encounter checks or have little to no experience with key-wrecking mechanics. You can still PuG and push keys, yes, but man, itā€™s exhausting and a recipe for burnout.

An alternate gearing path (to an alternate gearing path, which is hilarious) is something Iā€™d welcome.

4 Likes

Its usually raiders, that dont do m+ say people have it easy, or m+ folks that dont do delves says delves loot is too good

2 Likes

Blizz will have their usual knee jerk reactions, and good vault loot will drop from doing T9s, which Iā€™ve been told, are pretty tough compared to 8s.

1 Like