Delves are not too hard

The delves are hard at LV8 for players who are under geared. Or rather geared from heroic dungeon week.
There is a progression ladder, just like there is from Normal to Heroic to Mythic difficulties. There are complaints about difficulty, but those people have not climbed the gear ladder of delves yet.
It is simple. You climb to a level where it is hard. Then you run those delves a bunch of times. and gear up more. Then you run the next difficulty level.

Other people have pointed out the other issue, which was there somewhat in Torghast. All specs are not created equal for this content. Running the Delves on my Shadow Priest or Fury Warrior? A lot more difficult than running on my Hunter or Lock. Bran is not powerful enough to help in a meaningful way if you are not geared appropriately. And classes with a lot of CC or sustain, will just beat significantly easier.

4 Likes

I don’t play on my paladin, I play a DK, DH and Mage

This is a lie.

3 Likes

Which part?

it took me a few tries and some wowhead time to understand that encounter. it should be able to be LOSed. i doubt that every class/spec has the defensives to survive long enough to kill the swarm.

I am running as guardian so I have them for sure. maybe dps classes can just nuke the swarm down fast enough to survive the encounter.

I knew you were a paladin before I opened this thread. Paladin has the full toolkit to do these. Most classes do not.

I mean, they were designed for classes that had much higher secondary stats. Then they nerfed the secondary stats because they were too powerful. And they did not adjust delves downward.

1 Like

Yeah, no. Zek’vir casting a 30% heal followed immediately by a dot that kills if you can’t dispel or snare break, with lower CDs than Brann’s interrupt, is not balanced correctly, to say nothing about several-million damage autos

The part where you did t8 delve solo with 558 ilvl(unless your bran is level 99).

It was actually a 554 frost dk. I didn’t say it was easy.

1 Like

About that. The ‘not too hard’ was a bug. It’s been ‘fixed’. “Enjoy!”

Delves need to be nerfed. Some classes have way too much of a hard time in them. It’s funny you’re saying this as a pally.

Stinging Swarm…enough said.

Aside from that and The Sinkhold Delve, which I greatly despise, I enjoy playing the rest of them.

How do you know this? Have the data? Canvass numerous players, did you?

Or are you thinking that since you don’t have problems, no one should be having problems?

1 Like

T8 delves give champion/heroic level gear. That’s heroic raid level stuff. Getting heroic raid level stuff typically means (for non-elite players anyways) clearing Normal for a bit to get the group geared up, then hitting Heroic. And it generally takes weeks to be fully heroic geared.

Now we have people with 10+ coffer keys (I am one of them) who expect to just waltz in and waltz out with 10+ champion level epics and 3 616’s in the vault. And if you’re lucky, that’s your character almost entirely decked out in the first week.

Of course T8 is supposed to be hard. You’re not supposed to be able to faceroll your way to heroic gear in the first week of the season.

Granted, delves need a balancing pass to help some classes/specs out, but it’s not supposed to be easy.

If they’re too challenging, do T5/6 for Veteran gear until you think you have the strength for T7/8.

1 Like

I tried an 8 as my priest with my current ilvl and I couldn’t survive against regular mobs.

They hit HARD. I’m sure it’s easy for some classes, but clearly there is some imbalance with certain classes having an easier time than others.

I think also some bosses need a complete rework.
Have actually mechanics in it, rather then just spamming your defences and self heals in hope to survive unavoidable damage.
Also make interrupt meaningful, interrupting a target should be rewarding, not the fact thay he’s going to cast it again as soon he can.

I remember all of these arguments and counter arguments from the OG Mage Tower. I never finished those because my focus was elsewhere, but I remember some of these exact same arguments even though the content was tailored to specific class/specs.

And weren’t these the same issues with Boreghast?

Anyway. Yeah. I like Delves. And I do 8s with my main and 7s and 6s with my alts. Because that’s what they’re geared for.

I really liked the idea that solo delves were challenging and rewarded the best achievements and rewards while group delves were easy.

But my friend were saying maybe you just don’t need to be doing higher tier delves if you’re struggling and they have a point.

Current system is still annoying though I’m the same person I hate that my well geared evoker struggles more than worse geared other specs due to long cast times and weaker single target healing

Keep in mind each of the mage towers had an experience catered specifically to your spec. So the challenges you faced were problems you had the solution to. The test was smart utilization of the tools provided to you.

Much of the fail states in the mage tower weren’t “mob auto attacks hard with no way to avoid it” it was dps checks, proper CC prioritization or dodgable elements. Things you could tackle with proper play.

Some of the stuff in delves is just “this mob casts a spell that one shots you and you don’t have an interrupt.” I understand sometimes it’s more about playing smart, but in some of these delves you’re just hitting a brick wall.

3 Likes