Delves are awesome. What do you guys think?

That’s the best part, you don’t have to do Delves unless it’s part of a quest line you want to complete.

1 Like

I had high hopes for island expeditions… and torghast… and delves, but by the third time I tempered my expectations because by that point, I figured Blizzard would find some way to make them trash.

Delves are easily my favorite new feature. Absolutely genius. I cant wait to see what they do with additional followers. Id love to use alts as followers as well.

2 Likes

I think that’s the idea, it was mentioned and the dev’s seem to be working in that direction. There is a quote somewhere, no idea where though. So you’ll get your wish.

2 Likes

As someone who did a LOT of Torghast (went there, got the pet, got the mount when it still mattered).

I enjoyed Torghast ONLY because it was a thing I did with my dungeon group. Being with friends made it fun. Torghast by itself was just…repetitive, and we all got over it really fast.

The Delves are a very different experience. I usually don’t like solo combat content outside of basic questing, but I like the delves a lot. I haven’t put my finger on why, yet, but I’m enjoying them so far. I can see them becoming a chore by the end, but that will all depend on what the higher tiers are like and how high you can push them.

1 Like

My early take
The good -

the rotating paths through the delves daily, never the same path day in and day out

Brann (to some degree)

Brann is cool, his abilities for both dps and healer are pretty neat (im a fan of the devilsaurs personally) and the relic system you can equip him with to figure out whats best or suits you
the music and art is great
The bad -
Brann

his AI and pathing isnt good at all, while the fix is appreciate where you can get him unstuck the start or check points, Brann bouncing all over pulling random things, doesnt FD with the hunter, his placement of relic buffs is questionable (haste buff one) he needs help
Relics (Curios)

while this is a pretty cool system, some of his curios seem kind of useless, other ones were nerfed ahead of the season, and the upgrades for the curios seem to be tied to bountiful delves and or higher tier delves? Would really like to see these flushed out more.
delve buffs (from Rares, chests, and other misc items)

dunno where to begin here, jump pad mushroom (double jump heal) is a terrible heal that sometime sends you backwards, the shredder buff spawns on the player character which for classes like hunters isnt really great as youll get a spawn randomly that doesnt do anything, the potion buffs i dont really understand, nor the shield, the only buff that seems useful sofar is renos bag of random stuff.
Delve stories

the issue here really is there isnt a way to track what stories for delves are up for the achievement, which short of running every delve daily, would almost like to see a way to track this after doing each delve once.
Brann experience (Capping Brann at 15 later 60)

currently once you cap brann any additional experience from things like mislaid curios just disappears, its not converted into anything there isnt a replacement, would be cool to see something here for those who are capped now at 15 and later 60 that converts the experience into what ever currency is for the delve vendor or something else so it doesnt feel as empty.

Torghast during beta was incredible, it’s all I played, if it had stayed the same I’d have been in there for 2 years straight.

A few weeks before launch they walked into Torghast with nerf bats and wrecked the place.

Gear drops removed, pace changed, xp nerfed, mobs buffed, it was so different from what it was.

It broke my heart, that said I still played the hell out of Torghast for a few months, and then just embraced the gameplay, and quit WoW to go play D3.

Ive only done one besides the campaign one. it had these spore things that kept killing me while i was trying to click a mushroom. i was probably doing something wrong, but it really turned me off of them. I haven’t been back since. Ill try again when the season starts and the gear is better

I love them. I like that there’s no queue. There’s no time limit. There’s no stress of any kind except for the enemies themselves, which is what it should always be. I never liked M+ timers, for reference.

They’ll be even cooler when the bigger difficulties open up. I’m looking forward to it.

3 Likes

That one was a little bit bugged, I believe it has been fixed so the spores die and stay dead.

2 Likes

I’m prepping with popcorn when people struggle with them and then post on the forums.

that would make a huge difference, lol

Delves are awesome, but I’m done doing them anymore because of time gating.

Personally don’t see what is so great about them

Do you usually do M+, Raiding, or PvP primarily?

I’m glad they’re there for people who like them. I personally found them to feel like a chore.

Nope, I’m an open world type , but while again as with islands etc, it looked good on paper but I PERSONALLY have not enjoyed them. Not even nearly as others claim to be so excited for it.

Which character have you done delves on?

Huh

Torghast was a requirement. Delves are optional content.

Comparing the two makes absolutely no sense.

2 Likes

My favorite thing about delves is actually being able to fully play my class, use my full toolkit and rotation, and not just run behind some amped-up tank, trying not to die from splash damage while they round up the entire dungeon.

Fun isn’t efficient. Efficiency isn’t fun.

2 Likes