Delusional SV hunters

It’s basic discussion, you make a claim, you back it up rather than make demands of others on your behalf.

Not really, I see them all the time in game. I also don’t mythic raid, neither does the majority of the playerbase.

I have max level rogues and hunters of all specs, BM and MM are fun in different moods and circumstances.

Yeah, people who like melee like melee classes, surprising? I do play Survival, it was main in BFA, right now I’m really enjoying the feel of Monk so it’s what’s I’m maining at the moment, I don’t lock myself into one specific character honestly.

Yeah, using the ever nebulous “casual” as a put down. Clever.

Dunno to the first, that’s quoted directly from Ion from that Interview that Bepps linked, and from reading the interview is occurred during 7.2.

I’ll be blunt, whatever data farming sites you cling to is kinda irrelevant and does not prove a class/spec is “perpetually extremely unpopular”.

Are other classes/specs played more than them? Of course. But outside this closed circle of hate and salt on the forums they do exist.

No I don’t really care if they don’t show up in Mythic Raiding a lot, not a lot of people do.

And you can’t function without a guide?

Edit: ah, misunderstood your sentence.

1 Like

I agree, tired of the crying about ranged Survival. SV is ranged enough, just needs a damage compensation for Flayed Shot mechanic loss and it will be pretty decent. On demand damage is way better than the KS proc crap. SV has pretty decent tools while at range.

2 Likes

Both of you didn’t read the post obviously. Read the post and then come back

I read it clearly. This thread is basically " I’m calling out all things melee because I’m mad that Ranged Survival is not a thing" Pulled from your post:

“Current version of SV hunter is a bad design,”
" I would rather see ranged SV back"
" I’ll rather have ranged SV back "

Everyone sees the theme, and we all can read.

3 Likes

Lol then you don’t know me at all on these forums. That’s correctly what I said, but I’m saying that because blizzard is butchering a spec that I enjoyed forever, even more so since legion. I love SV being melee , but I don’t like it what they did in with it now.

1 Like

They do have these types of changes it’s just that how the kit actually works is interesting in PvP

Min maxing my dmg in arena last season was actually super interesting but in PvE I would have only focused on bomb spam

But in PvP it was juggling when to value KS procs and going for tier procs vs going for mongoose bite windows, balancing when to be ranged and melee etc. but those are just never going to happen in a PvE encounter

But anyways SV isn’t even the only problem with hunter anyways, the entire class as a whole is pretty poorly designed from the ground up

4 Likes

It’s unbelievable you still think this is a good argument to make after I linked it.

In any case asking for proof that Survival is unpopular is like asking for proof that ice is cold. It’s something that’s been evidently clear for years. It’s not just warcraftlogs either. The spec is very unpopular because most Hunters don’t want to play melee and most melee are more interested in other classes – including you. They devoted an entire 3rd of the class to melee mains with a passing interest in the class who just end up having a parked SV alt and fanboy over it on the forums while playing something else. There are a handful of Hunters that are dedicated to it, that’s true, but it’s peanuts compared to what SV was before Legion. Go look at the engagement SV gets in WotLK and see how far it’s fallen.

I see them in game too. It’s like 1 in 30 Hunters on a good day, but I see them. Does that mean it’s a popular spec? Hell no.

It’s wild that you’re here pretending actual data from the game is flawed/missing context or whatever yet you seriously believe “I see them all the time” carries any water at all. How out of it do you have to be to post this?

Survival is unpopular in casual content as well. Don’t try to pretend this is just a mythic raiding thing. In fact, the one time melee Survival did have a lot of players (M+ last season when it was a required pick) it was proportionally a lot more represented at higher level keys than lower level where Hunters would generally stick to BM or MM.

Why don’t you post from your Hunters?

What’s surprising is that a Hunter spec widely played and enjoyed by Hunters would be removed and replaced by something openly aimed at melee mains that didn’t care much for Hunters in the first place.

It’s hilarious that you would post this. Jinday has always been extremely protective of melee Survival. Here’s the usual Jinday:

Fact is, even for Survival (which is saying a lot), DF is a steep drop in quality. It’s playstyle is worse. It looks like they felt guilty about the increased focus on Wildfire Bomb and the reduced focus on melee so they’ve overcompensated and made Mongoose Bite the centre of the universe for Survival. So it plays, to be frank, like crap. Yes I did try it on the beta. It’s bad. Much worse than SL/BFA Survival.

Now I’m not going to say that it’s impossible to make a good playstyle for SV as a melee spec. There have been times when its playstyle has actually been good. I am going to say, however, it’s impossible to make a coherent identity for the spec as melee and that influences playstyle. People aren’t just hating on melee SV and wanting it to be ranged for no reason. Not only did it suck to lose ranged SV, since contrary to revisionist belief it was actually a popular and successful spec in its ranged days, but to see it replaced with something that is always floundering and always having to be remade over and over again only to miss the mark every time makes it much worse.

Blizzard could have spent a fraction of the effort to just iteratively update ranged Survival going into Legion and beyond and I’m confident 99% of the people involved would be happier; including the devs themselves and most of the people who actually like and play melee SV. It’s impossible to say from an objective standpoint that making SV melee has been successful. We’re here 6 years later, going into its 4th expansion, and there’s still this much strife about its design. As we can see even many melee SV fans are not happy. Deny all you want but making SV melee will go down in history as one of the worst decisions of MMO class design.

7 Likes

As much as I love melee SV since it was redesigned in Legion they couldn’t stick to certain play style. BFA and SL was similar, but then in 9.2.5 they literally forced almost every meta slave to play SV, with worst possible play style.

I wish they would make some fun melee play style, but they won’t.

1 Like

You need to realize how damaging this kind of statement is when trying to convey a point.

This screams “I don’t care about facts or any opinion than my own.”

4 Likes

Meta slaves aren’t forced to do anything. They are literally salves to the meta which is a self inflicted choice.

2 Likes

Make Survival hunter like Predator. That would be cool. Of course not as high tech. You catch my drift.

You linked AFTER you got called on it.

I’m interested in all the melee classes… except Demon Hunter or Paladin, can’t really get into it (don’t care for the aesthetics).

I said I mained it in BFA, people are allowed to play more than one character.

It’s not actual data, it’s siphoned data by third party sites, you posted a screenshot without context, that context being the mythic raid logs of the current weeks when this expansion ends in 2 weeks. Not only will the data be skewed on that it’s skewed on the basis of being Mythic Raiding, a niche aspect of the game.

If the forums system consolidated alerts/responses to all your characters (and trying to get trust level 3) I would.

Because Hunters were ranged with Survival being a Hybrid sorta, going back to Vanilla Survival had the melee abilities of the class.

Heavily disagree with this.

Yes because you have people who liked the change and people who didn’t, that was gonna happen when you change something that drastically, but again it’s not universally hated nor bad like you wish to believe.

3 Likes

Rangers Net, Glaives, Camouflage, and Explosive Shot.

I love that ability. I didnt notice the range of it at first and used it in a battle ground and went WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2 Likes

Bruh hes literally a toddler upset about his Malibu Stacy doll not coming with the new hat. Hes just gonna keep whining at you because you enjoy something he doesnt even know how to play.

4 Likes

Yeah but I mean…Make it better and cooler. Ya know? lol

I know right? It’s glorious.

1 Like

Ima predict his next move, hes gonna link a youtube video or talk about me being without opinion now or how he knows everything based off logs from one patch 7 years ago. Its all he has. If you want a real good laugh, go to the hunters discord and type in Bepples in the survival tab.

4 Likes

Heh you are telling me that people are allowed to have different opinions about things- GET OUT OF HERE!

3 Likes

I was really hoping when I saw steady shot in the survival hunter’s kit that they would have made it possible to spec in the talent tree as a ranged survival hunter. Nope, epic fail once again and a missed opportunity for Blizzard yet again!

Let’s face it, they will never fix it because they do not know how to. It is a budget company more concerned with image then product.

1 Like