Delusional SV hunters

Current version of SV hunter is a bad design, and I don’t care what people talk about it’s a bad design. Not because it’s melee, it’s because it butchered to the point I would rather see ranged SV back then blizzard working like this on the spec.

No one loved the play style with tier sets, when we had to fish for procs to get that bi damage, and blizzard continued to the trend. KC resets reduce the cooldown, or they increase the duration or they have a chance to trigger something. Why? Why being so lazy with class design. I hate to say it but Bepples was right when he said that they took from other specs and just copy pasted to SV hunter, in order to fill the pack of abilities. Not in these words but something like this.

Discord SV hunters follow guides that literally makes you use focus regenerating abilities while you’re at full focus. And mongoose spam has become more prominent than ever before. I’m sorry but that’s the fact. I’ll rather have ranged SV back then devs keep making mess like they do right now with SV hunter

25 Likes

We’ve already seen that Blizzard can get people to jump on the SV bandwagon, just by tuning up the numbers. It lessens the incentive for Blizzard to actually put in real effort with class design.

13 Likes

Exactly. Big numbers are not the solution

2 Likes

Survival was fun UNTIL the set bonus. Fishing for procs is awful. My favorite version was in bfa managing focus around mongoose bite. Havent played it much prepatch but it looks like it would be similar.

14 Likes

Right now ST is like that. You manage your focus around mongoose furry stacks. But AOE is garbage. It revolves too much around chances when kill command resets.

1 Like

I’m sorry which guides are saying this? Because sv right now its never ok to overcap on focus.

Maybe someone was recommending using kc during pheromone bomb to reduce the cd of fury for more up time on it but i can only see thats being valuable during aoe after your’ve used everything.

Cause most recommend the wowhead guides which do not say to use focus generation abilites when you risk overcapping on focus, not without the tier set anymore at least.

3 Likes

SV hunter doesn’t need to go back to range to be great again (shut up Bepples). Blizzard needs to focus on what it core was originally designed around, bleeds, poisions, and traps.

KC should apply a bleeding DoT, Serpent Sting should be applied by using your weapon and not a crossbow, and more traps that are thrown at the target not layed.

Master needs to be reworked to improve the effectiveness of elemental damage or poisons.

Blizzard needs to take a look at how Survivalist actually fight when they have nothing but the forest to survive on.

16 Likes

Exactly my point

Why do you think these changes would fix SV? Those KC and SS changes are passive, and most people hate having traps involved in their DPS rotation.

8 Likes

u and me both

its almost to a point where melee survival is more of a beast master hunter than beast master is a beast master hunter. i dunno where blizzard is going with this.

6 Likes

I don’t hate the tree as much i dont think we lack focus from abilities unless they tune KC damage i don’t think we need to fish for them more just for extra damage because you be spamming mongoose bite for single target damage. Maybe if it was a free KC that just launches on proc like serpent sting then i can see free to spam mongoose bite more.

I feel like we need a talent that allows mongoose bite to hit up to 2 targets and then to 3 for like 60-70% damage the focus target get hit with instead upping the chance for more KC. AND have all our melee abilities default to 8yrd because we are spear masters we have reach. That we can up to 11yards with lunge.

ALSO thinking carve should be baseline and butchery is just a upgraded talent. And maybe fury of eagle gave more carves and butcherys and bombs gave more furys.

What I would like to see is MB increased to may 16 or 18 seconds, hitting a 5 stack MB feels good I just wish there was more time to do it. I also would not say no to have a baseline longer melee range and then the lunge talent increase it further.

As for Carve, I am honestly not sure why it is still in the game with Butchery as a choice.

4 Likes

SV has been an unstable mess since legion tbh

4 Likes

Bring back the WOD SV hunter, right now!
now is a mess, big mess!

9 Likes

One of your points in your orginally post was:

When i checked the trueshot hunter forums and they recommend icy-viens and wowhead, and i know for a fact that on wowhead they do not recommend overcapping with kc or using flanking strike to overcap focus even on aoe.

What do you mean by this? Are you talking specifically about Fury of the Eagle? Because our aoe rotation can revolve around more than just that. Especially since you can spec into spreading serpent sting. And even then its a gross waste of resources in both focus and gcd to spend time over capping on focus for just resetting the cd of fury.

Yea furry of the eagle, Quick Shot plus many talents just buff Kill command reset chance. Instead to focus on Serpent sting, mongoose furry, base range of abilities etc. It could use definitely another re design

I mean the tree not bad except the end talents that fish for more kill commands. Now if they where instant free procs of KC then the tree would be infinitely better. Because if your tapping KC you cant tap Mongoose bite or Kill shot so your only going use it for the focus and try min max cause if you press KC to much you miss out on MB strikes…am i getting the gist of the problem and we arnt even starved for focus as far as i can tell we can KC, harpoon, flanking strike and death glaves for focus. Only other thing id like is for them to buff Exileration with shorter CD and give us mastery = leech type passive for all hunters. AND I like idea of survival being a melee reach class where we have 8yrd range on all melee skills and auto attacks plus lunge to get us up to 11yards like Fury + lunge gets.

Like it has been discussed before SV had an identity that Blizzard has refused to see. Being melee was not that distinction and it should have been a focus on DoTs and elemental damage.

Poisons,fire, and traps were its strength, and that needs to be brought back to SV theme.

Traps would not work as they are now as they would break up the flow of rotation. I would rework them to that they are thrown and set on impact. Also add more variety to traps, snake, explosive, stun. Bombs just do not fit the theme of a hunter.

Blizzard has reworked SV over and over each expansion. They really thought changing it to melee would differentiate Survival from Marksmanship, but then they could not think past that and just keep throwing ideas, or borrowing from other specs. All that work and all that Blizzard had to do was look more deeply into Survival’s play-style.

6 Likes

Another terrible post about wanting ranged sv back. Go away. Yes sv needs redone but continued melee

7 Likes

I didn’t say that I want ranged SV back, I just said if they going to butcher the spec like this then better stick to ranged so its easier to balance it. Right now its not its something in between of BM and warrior. It needs better design I don’t care if its melee or ranged

2 Likes