Delete thread

Not likely if it was a issue with the blizzard app then blizzard would have a bigger issue then a small ammount of players well never know how many were actioned.

I sincerely do not mean this as rudely as it phrases out to be, but your (or mine, or anyone’s) interpretation doesn’t mean anything, as you yourself pointed out. Blizzard must have changed some of it’s language in the emails going out, but for any of us to speculate “what Blizzard means” is pretty much hot air and little else. It also harkens back to what I mentioned above about debate and yes, speculation. There is some room given on this forum for the sake of education and information, but as a whole, it is against the rules to discuss, debate or theorize sanctions and the offenses leading up to them.

It is entirely too easy for someone to give this thread a cursory glance and then all of a sudden everyone is screaming about that VPNs and the fact that it was a Monday are the reasons behind the ban.

Unless there is a Dev post pushed out in the coming hours or days - absolutely nothing else should be taken as gospel or with any sense of surety. Theories and interpretations and hypotheses? They don’t belong here or really anywhere on the forums.

The only things that we can all be certain of? None of these people sanctioned were sanctioned about something that recently happened (i.e. the same day or even the same week). Investigations take time. The only thing that someone could face an immediate sanction for is something more black and white in the line of communication sanctions. Everything else? Blizzard doesn’t knee-jerk-sanction people. Data is collected, and investigations happen and these things take time. Blizzard does not want to sanction people unfairly, they make sure the data they’re given truly lines up to something that breaks the rules.

Do false positives happen? Yes, unfortunately. They’ve happened in the past when the data passed along to the investigations team was flawed in some fashion. In those cases, sanctions were either lessened or dropped altogether. The great thing? Blizzard knows they’re not without their faults. And despite all of the caterwauling from some folks? The investigators are all too human and humans can make mistakes (which kills off that whole EVERYTHING IS AUTOMATED!!! BS some people like to spew.) It is why there even is an appeals process.

Let’s please leave the ‘hows’, the ‘whys’ and the ‘maybes’ out of the topic. That’s the quickest way a thread will get locked down.

OP and the other folks affected by this? I wish you luck in your appeals. Please do keep us updated on any progress if you think to.

[Edit] My apologies. I got rambling there and my post got away from me.

6 Likes

Did they overturn the suspension? My brother got the same email aboout 6 hours ago and they bascially told him it wont be changed.

Tell him to apeal again either A they will tell him no more apeals will be heard and he will have to leave it at that or b they will possibly overturn it.

2 Likes

They said no other tickets will be reviewed? Is that basically the same thing or should he try again?

Yes it means that they have enough evidence to back it so opening any further tickets would be considered GM harrassment and could constitute further penalties.

Ugh that sucks thanks ill let him know

Tell your brother to keep a eye on things blizzard mite realize a mistake was made and reevaluate the bans im not saying it will happen but not impossible.

1 Like

If your brother has only sent in only the one appeal and immediately got that one single response? It sounds as though they have kicked the automated templates into circulation. Oftentimes when a larger ban wave goes out, appeals will be responded to very quickly with that templated response. The quick response turnaround is indicative of that seeming to be the case here.

Your brother can attempt to reopen that ticket, escalating it up. It has been suggested before in other similar instances - and the only time one should reopen an appeal when they’ve been warned otherwise. Now, if they get told the same thing a second time? Then please don’t submit another. Do as Darth suggested and just keep an eye on things.

4 Likes

Yea I got this suspension too

I have 1 pc and macbook to login wow and now I got email about sharing account. It’s so weired and my last move is I logged in my iPad and iPhone but all of that was auther already

2 Likes

Just so frustrating, hes been playing sense day 1 and has never violated any terms of service or codes of conduct and just gets slapped with this and hes basically screwed out of his favorite game for a month. Just really blows

Especially at the start of a season. Just gonna be so far behind when he is able to play again.

Has no bearing on sanctions - period. Ban waves can come down mid-season, pre-expansion, or during a special event - nothing is off-limits. Not having a set time frame of things should always keep cheaters on their toes, and those who think about cheating likely will not go beyond thinking if they want to avoid risking their push into progress and content.

Also has no bearing on things. There are certain offenses that don’t need previous run-ins to go directly into a harsh sentence such as this. Some people have been hit with six months on the first offense, and others have had their account closed because the behavior was so egregious. And too, playing since X does not give anyone any special merit or privileges. Blizzard treats all players equally no matter their play time.

5 Likes

Technically speaking if blizzard wanted to they can ban for anything they want you don’t have to break any rules.

Thankfully though blizzard doesn’t do such things and is much more lenient then that.

2 Likes

If we want this thread to stay up also up to the blues discretion in the morning lets continue to keep this civil if it deteriorates too badly it will just get locked up.

1 Like

I know those things dont have any bearing on sanctions just all those things plus the suspension just really sucks

So did you happen to see this a few posts above you?

And it is unadvisable to just pop from thread to thread, voicing your discontent. This isn’t the proper avenue for it and can be considered spam. You can submit your thoughts via the survey provided when your ticket is closed out. Here, you’re just venting to your fellow players. No Blizzard staff will see it here beyond our SFAs, and they do not accept feedback through this forum. They also have no part in the investigations/sanctions/appeals process.

7 Likes

Just like most everyone else is at the moment in the same circumstances. That would be why I suggested to you what I suggested to the fellow above. In this one kind of instance, you can resubmit that appeal. The SFAs have suggested it in previous other instances when a ban wave triggered this kind of response.

If you don’t care, then you don’t care. But you’ve got that choice to make. Blizzard still does care, whether you wish to believe it or not. If they didn’t, there would be no recourse, there would be no appeals.

And I would advise against name-calling and rudeness here - on the most heavily moderated forum there is. Providing information and making educated suggestions is not shilling.

10 Likes

Figured I’d throw my lot in. I got the exact same email about my account being suspended about 16 hours ago. I got an appeal in as soon as I saw it (about 11 hours ago), and haven’t heard anything back yet.

My suspension was 30 days and was also categorized as ‘A player on this account used a different game account to take part in exploitative play.’

I had played on Live for only about 1 day this week and that was mostly just PvP Solo Shuffle, rest of my playtime recently has been on WoW Classic doing the Hardcore stuff. I don’t think I’ve done anything to constitute this suspension, been wracking my brain to think of anything.

Hopefully it gets overturned, just throwing my experience out there too.

Ban waves like this can go back weeks, or longer. Never assume it is something you just did. They research exploits/cheats/bots, figure out how to detect them, update detection algorithms, then let those run. Next they verify that the software is accurately detecting the targeted behavior. At some point they do a ban wave on everyone caught using the targeted cheat.

False positives can happen though, even with the double checking, so be sure to wait out your appeal.

8 Likes