Default Blizz Raid Frames Broken in Prepatch

Hello, long-time default blizzard raid frame user here. I play a restoration druid, a holy priest, and a holy paladin so I have gotten pretty used to the nuances of how default raid frames work.

Normally, raid buffs disappear upon entering combat which declutters the raid frames so you can better track HoTs, debuffs, shields, etc. Currently, this is only working for restoration druids - both MOTW/GOTW and thorns appropriately disappear off of raid frames upon entering combat. This partially works for priests, the raid-wide fortitude and shadow resist buffs disappear off of raid frames, but the individual buffs do not (please fix these). This is completely broken for paladins currently. Crusader aura, all 10-minute individual blessings, and all 30-minute class-wide blessings do not drop off of raid frames upon entering combat. This makes a holy paladin virtually unplayable at the moment while using default raid frames. The amount of blessings in a raid setting caps the debuffs so you can’t see dispellable buffs, it’s hard to see your beacon target, you can’t see your BoP/Freedom on people. It’s absolutely awful.

Also - Riptide for shaman is currently not tracked on default frames.

Please fix the raid frames for paladins and priests ASAP.

20 Likes

Bump. Something is up with default blizzard raid frames since prepatch. Not sure what changed but there is a lot of new clutter taking up debuff space. I’d love to know what changed or be able to fine tune without needing an addon.

Also, I can’t seem to find a way to turn off the new aggro highlight on raid frames indicator. None of the commands or file edits stick…would love to be able to turn that off. It is even showing in arena when a pet is attacking a target…

TY!

2 Likes

100% happening for me as well on my paladin - does not happen on my priest - makes default frames super cluttered.

Please fix!

3 Likes

The aggro highlight thing has been driving me crazy. Thought it was one of my addons and spent hours trying to figure it out. I really hope they add some option to disable it. If you figure out some console command or file edit that fixes it, please let me know!

3 Likes

This, please! I would love to disable the aggro highlight.

3 Likes

New Wotlk Spell Ranks are what’s causing this for Priest:

Buff Self/Party with Wotlk-era Fort/DS/Prot = Buffs don’t disappear from frames in Combat
Buff Self/Party with TBC-era Fort/DS/Prot = Buffs disappear from frames in Combat

5 Likes

Has anyone figured out a fix to this yet? I have the issue on my druid where the mark of the wild buff won’t leave the raid frames when entering combat.

2 Likes

Bumping, this is still not fixed and it’s clearly because the new spell IDs weren’t added as exceptions because now thew new druid MOTW and thorns show in combat. Please fix this before Naxx launch.

7 Likes

The blizzard raid frames stopped showing debuffs, casted spells like Shield & PoM instead of Wrath-era buffs when in combat. It happened at 80 for me on my priest.

Please respond to this - if it is working as intended I will need to invest time into learning a raid-frame addon before raiding.

It’s a drag that what blizzard has made and players have used for years got borked and may force an addon usage to fix it.

3 Likes

This is a serious issue, love using default frames but this makes them completely unusable. Hope its being addressed.

3 Likes

The opening post was 9/3. Almost a month and no response. I wonder if this is ‘working as intended’ and admin don’t realize it’s gana force most healers who were using their default raid UI to pick up a vendor UI or addon. :frowning:

4 Likes

Same issue here on my priest. Fortitude, Divine Spirit, and Shadow Protection all don’t disappear in combat cluttering up the raid frames.

4 Likes

pls for the love of god fix this blizzard

5 Likes

At this point im just wondering if they even care about wotlk anymore or are just feeding us lie of a better future with heroic+ and such.
There so many important bug that need to be fixed asap and they keep ignoring everyone.
On my druid im starting to wonder if i made a good choice because of the wild growth bug and the nerfed clearcast and that anoying default ui bug with buff is driving me nuts.

3 Likes

Bump, pls fix this, it also happens with drenai and their hit buff

6 Likes

Bump, I’m gonna install another addon meanwhile, i can’t see anything with this buff cluttering.

6 Likes

Do they plan on fixing this? It’s really making it hard to track PWS and Renew…

6 Likes

Any fix coming soon? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Really need this fixed. Huge problem. plz blizz

7 Likes

Seconding this, as soon as I hit 80, it started doing this. It makes healing with HoTs difficult, esp keeping track of lifebloom stacks.

7 Likes