Declining real life friends due to low R.IO?

OP your whats wrong with the ally side. Send your friends my way I will take them on runs with my space goats. I can gear them up and get them acquainted with the m+ and have them declining you cuz your IO is too low in no time

4 Likes

Yes. I had plenty of friends that carried me in the past. I would start out with mythic 0 to get them better looking for mythic+'s.

Uh, my dude

I’ve been actively trying to get my friends to play my faction on my realm so I can carry them and funnel them gear.
What’re YOU doing?

I sensed tension so I came as fast as I could.

But really, what pretty much everyone else has said.
You should take a break and get some fresh air and rekindle your friendships maybe.

If your IO isn’t AT LEAST 1500+ your not even ALLOWED to be on my friends list.

3 Likes

Lol when your friends need gas to get to the store do you pour sugar in their gas tank too? Friends are suppose to carry friends so they can do stuff with you.

I would carry my friends cause i’m not a POS like you.

Yeah. If they’re irl friends, help them gear up.

This is why i never ran m+ and i never will. Alot of toxic people and with timer and everything else its too stressful as it is. Id rather just stick with heroic or less raiding and call that good enough.

Carrying your buddies is fine and all that, as long as you can actually shoulder their weight. This goblin here, for exemple is nowhere near able to run a +10 at the moment and I would never expect my friends to carry me through that.

On the other hand, you could run lower keys with your mates and use your superior gear and knowledge to help them improve and raise their IO.

I wish I still had enough friends playing so I could carry them through low mythics and have crazy adventures together.

Hey Big Doze,

If they were really your friends they wouldn’t put you in the position to have to choose.

1 Like

Idk why people are saying you are a bad person. My brother started playing a while back and of course I wouldn’t take him on my keys. They were like 15+ and he was new to to game.

I would go to his keys and help him out though doing low keys and explaining mechanics etc.

Nothing has wrong with not wanting to brick your push able key to bring a friend and if I were the friend on this situation I would never ask you too.

Wow mo need to flex on me like that
lol

Dude
these are your friends
you should TRY to help them. You should be willing to take them on runs to help them. That is what friends are for. If you do not feel this way, you are not a friend, you are a poser and a user.

The grind to regain rep with your friends will take longer than the grind to bump your score back up.

1 Like

If they were my friends, I would play with them. The fact that you see it as a “carry” means you are a crappy friend. Let them know how you really feel so they can find a better friend.

I don’t agree with too many opinions around here but this I agree with. If they’re your friends then who cares what kind of gear they have? Imaging growing up and some friends ask if you want to play some baseball with them
and you think their gloves , ball, and bat sucks
so you decline their offer to play baseball with them until they get better gear.

Not only is that being an a**hole to them it’s a sign that you might be a sociopath.

1 Like

Don’t see how not wanting to carry friends or associates into my higher level keys is being an @$$hole. They’re clearly not geared or ready for it, so why put myself through that frustration?

It’s a frustrating experience carrying an entire group through something. It’s different if they were geared but as the OP has pointed out, they’re not. Now, why he didn’t help them gear and get their iO up, is a completely different subject but you’re not being an ahole to decline them from your higher key runs.

Exactly this. I will help people gear and ay least get one key 10+ done for sure but I’m not bringing them to a high key of they are not up to it and a good friend wouldn’t ask to come either.
Usually when a friend caps a character I will take them for a few m0s them just push their key.

It is actually and that type of instinctual thinking is characteristic of certain types of people with psychological disorders.

• Narcissistic personality disorder . These people are self-centered and only care about themselves. In addition, they leave others behind. The lack of empathy in this personality disorder has to do with the fact that they can’t see beyond themselves.
  • Psychopathy. This disorder is related to the inability to adapt to social norms. It’s difficult for people with this disorder to connect with others.
1 Like

Yeaaaaa don’t be that person, some useless computer numbers aren’t worth losing friends over.