Declining real life friends due to low R.IO?

I’m not reading this troll response but I will comment saying, even if you’re my friend, you’re not entitled to be brought into anything I do. I expect the same back in return.

If anything, you’re an @$$hole to get upset that I declined you for a valid reason. That being, you’re not geared and not experienced.

If they were my friend, I wouldn’t mind helping you get there but if you’re not putting forth the effort, I will not continue to help you get into my realm of content. We’re not all made equal with the same skill set and determination.

1 Like

That’s a stretch. I would agree if we are just talking people who refuse to do something with “friends” because they get nothing out of it. But if it is someone who makes time for friends, even if that time is not always then I don’t thing there is anything to indicate they are mentally unsound.

That said, the OP sounds more like the former than the latter, so on that I will agree.

Dude you carry them, it doesn’t hurt your score by not making the timer worse that happens is your key drops 1 and you find a group that pushes it again.
The game is temporary, but friends are forever.

1 Like

If it’s practical why not? I mean I wouldn’t go bringing a group you know you won’t succeed with, which I’d assume people would understand. :man_shrugging:

And for some reason I read that as due to your low score your friends no longer wanna hang out. Lol.

1. Hey bro I just capped my shaman can I come to your +19 now? If you don’t say yes you are a bad friend.

Of course not that would be crazy.

1. Hey bro I just capped my shaman can you help me out in some low keys.

Much more reasonable

5 Likes

Ask yourself:

1. Do you want to look cool and inflate your false virtual ego?

Yes -> Proceed to tell your friends that they need to create their groups and earn their way despite all this so-called socializing in WoW which used to be “Run friends through all dungeons and raids and gear them” in the olden days.

No-> Proceed to tell your friends to read up on what is Mythic+ and get geared at least at the bare minimum before you take them up.

1. Do you just want to have fun with your friends in a MMO where friends are important?

Yes -> Stop posting threads like these and get doing dungeons with those people.

No -> Play solo with random strangers and don’t complain if no one bothers to socialize with you.

I agree completely with Elradrierion. If they are really friends of yours, you shouldn’t give a bloody damn what their IO ranking is.

Friends like you, nobody needs enemies.

Can someone show me where in OPs post they said they wouldn’t help them gear or learn please? I have read it 4 times and can’t find it anywhere.
All I can find is someone not wanting to take people with no gear or experience to keys that are too hard for them which going by what they have completed are 16-17s.
If you are expecting your friend to carry you through their 17s then they are not the bad friend. You are

1 Like

I will admit, my opinion on the OP is not really due to just his first post… it’s his post history that leads me to believe he is probably just a jerk.

the increasing damger of raider io

All raider io does is turn your experience into a number.
With out extenuating circumstances if someone wasn’t over 1500 I wouldn’t look at them for a 17.

2 Likes

the only real way to solve the raider io problem to remove m+.

2 Likes

Raider io isn’t a problem though. It’s extremely helpful actually and I play with more strangers because it exists.

For example of you signed up to a group and all I had to go on was your ilvl I would have to conclude that you are approximately geared for 8-10s. without something like io in the game I would be unaware that you have not completed any keystones or raid kills which means all your gear has come from world content.
Now I am not saying that it means you are a bad player but it does reduce the likelihood that you are prepared to do a mid level keystone.

Is It a perfect system? Of course not and I would be more than happy to discuss with anyone ways it could be improved.
But it is the best we have right now

2 Likes

you do know how mythic plus keys work right? declining noobs from high level keys isnt being a jerk

2 Likes

With scaling in the game, I didn’t think that was a thing anymore.

I take friends to runs all of the time. Do I take them to higher keys I know they are going to just wreck? No. Do I take them to 8-12+ dungeons? Absolutely. I actually find it fun to try to carry fresh dings through the highest possible key we can manage and time it.

I even do this to pugs. I occasionally will give someone who has no business in that key a chance. Sometimes they surprise, sometimes they do not.

4 Likes

You could always carry them on lower tier keys until they get geared up. If they are good, are geared enough and you know they can handy higher tier keys then their lack of an “io” score shouldn’t matter. It is mostly intended to help you get a base line on unknown players.

If, Your friends will be helping you and/or your guild with future M+/Raids or your friends have carried you in the past - then go ahead and carry them in whatever key you can handle.

If they’re just casuals and you enjoy chatting with them - run a M0 with them and then just build their keys for some gear and the opportunity to teach them the dungeons, mechanics, skips, etc.

If you’re looking to push difficult content - there’s no reason/law set in stone that states that you should bring them along and carry them.

If there’s a return on the investment or a repayment of services previously provided - then carrying them to get them geared makes sense.

Is there are reason your friends can’t Gear them selves by doing dungeons in their level range? I just came back to the game and I would never ask a friend or guildie to gear me. Doing so , isn’t helping them. Helping them would be going to help kill a boss or NPC for A quest when they can’t find a group for it. But gearing is part of the end game and we all have to do it. Nothing worse than a lazy player wanting to be carried to get gear lol

I think I hate you as a person.