Declining real life friends due to low R.IO?

damn…got’em ^

6 Likes

Iits not nothing, that question shows a lot of you as player, person and friend.
If you want our opinion, well… mine is that the only thing that matters here is to have fun. You can do it with friends? even better, do it. F*ck io, play with your friends, help them to get better gear, etc.

Also, an advice. Read those answers, check your question, think about what is “freaking” out people, so maybe you can understand why.

1 Like

Oh I remember alright. This is why i’m now the person that I am today. :angry: You can thank the mythic+ community btw.

1 Like

2 Likes

ehhh I feel the same way as OP. Sure I’ll hard carry… on an alt :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh beans looks like the essence grind killed my alts. Tough break kids :face_with_thermometer:

This thread seems like a special case of the more general “my playstyle interests don’t match my friend’s interests” problem.

Even guildmates don’t care about your RIO score (unless you’re in a trade chat guild), much less IRL friends.

It’s a stupid question ., carries happen all the time. Within guilds, friends etc .

I mean, if my IRL friend did this to me, I know where he lives and I have access to his account…

RIP

It’s not going to ruin your score to show them the ropes. It could end up giving you a good M+ team if you do.

Why would you ever not do content with friends?

1 Like

Dont take them on runs they cant handle. But that doesnt mean dont group with them. Take them on stuff that is their level, gear them up, teach them the mechanics, and the IO score will build up. Dont go all elitist on your friends man…

I would hard carry them just because I know they could make a fantastic mythic running team, but at the same time I wouldn’t allow them to be lazy on me at least make sure they put some effort into playing by themselves on the solo stuff at least.

Real life as they’re people you’d call up on a cell phone and say hey let’s go do something?

No that isn’t weird at all… Surprised you have friends though.

To put this is perspective how high keys we talking about? I’d run friends on 10s but I wont take people to 15s if I dont think they can handle it

So randos made you be a jerk to your friends.

Nah, I think you were a jerk to begin with and now a hypocrite to boot.

4 Likes

I would absolutely carry my friends through dungeon runs.

But if you’re asking whether or not you should carry them through timed higher-level stones, I would say - no.

And the reasoning has to do with getting your friends to learn mechanics. Carrying often trivializes key mechanics. You want to make sure your friends are equipped with knowledge when they go out and pug someday.

2 Likes

is this a trick question? :smiley:
Firstly, if your friends drop you over a video game, they aint friends.
Secondly, if youd put a video game over your friends, you aint their friend.

It depends on why you play the game. I play the game to have fun with my friends.