Death by herbing was a bold design choice

….and still refuses to get a goblin glider. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

And in several months, will the joke still be funny?

Somehow I doubt it.

1 Like

I love it personally. it brings a sense of danger and adventure to something that use to be a bit boring to do.

3 Likes

lol /10 char

Well hopefully I wont be a complete dork and can plan ahead and have an escape route, Im sure there’s a trick to avoid it. Lets figure it out. Maybe its like pick and hop sideways, who knows? And if it slows down bots, what a bonus :slight_smile:

Ah yes. When I want to level a profession, I too want to do the resource dance hundreds, upon hundreds, upon hundreds of times.

What fun.

1 Like

2 deaths from being blown off of mesas.
2 death from the decay herb
1 death from an alchemy station explosion

It’s been more dangerous than the open world with:
2 combat deaths
1 suicide jump by moving before fully mounted on my dragon.

All in all, light years better than Shadowlands.

4 Likes

Actually the surprise of herb and mining is reviving my interest in the game.

SL and ZM really burned me out. The gathering is unexpectedly fun and I love randomness in this vein. A bit of whimsy that has been sorely lacking.

The little quests have been a nice change as well. Loved the Happy Duck one.

Can’t wait until i have a chance to read the dwarf dragon’s letter. Got it just before I had to log off. That was a great story.

2 Likes

I beg your pardon? They what?? :anguished::sweat_smile:

I started leveling my Herbalism/Inscription yesterday, and was minding my own business gathering some Witherbark. I see something with the affix, ‘Decayed’.

‘Huh, that probably gives less herbs, but herbs are herbs!’ I swoop down and pick it up and it actually gave me a bit more, plus one of the elemental items! Wow!

I mount back up and fly on my merry way…and drop from the skies seconds later, dead. I don’t have War Mode on so I didn’t just get one tapped by some jerk…I wasn’t in combat…Nothing was hitting me!

I check my combat logs, maybe a GM was just having a bad day and really dislikes Gnomes. Turns out the ‘Decayed’ affix gives you a DoT titled Decay, ticking for 13K, 26K on crits which it did three times.

You can jump to remove the debuff, but I didn’t really expect plants to apply debuffs, let alone boss-tier ones! The Dragon Isles are scary!

You should have enough time to get on your dragon before the first knockback.

This is such a gross exaggeration lol. My char is min/eng and I’ve leveled it up pretty far at this point and never even came close to dying once.

Anyway, I think it’s fun. I’m really enjoying the interactivity in the world with this expac.

6 Likes

ooo, that explains where the fire dot came from that was killing me. Thankfully I’m a Paladin and can heal myself

Why did I automatically think of Sandra Bullock in the movie The Proposal??

4 Likes

I didn’t think this was a big deal especially if you have a class that dispels. I did get yeeted miles away from the wind one but my main is Pally so I never die lol.

Decay, can’t say. Haven’t farmed that because market value is low.

Wind, yeah. I’ve had it yeet me into flying to another herb which I consider efficient.

I’m a skinner, I’m used to my nodes trying to kill me

7 Likes

Wait, what? My miner hasn’t gone out yet but now I’m thankful he’s a tank!

1 Like

But they’re not coming back to life and two shotting you.

1 Like

That’s nothing! I was reading that flasks and elixirs on the test server are now giving explosive diarrhea. It works as a CC because you slip and fall in it. Terrible for a mage. I am going to threaten to quit if they publish it.

1 Like