Death by herbing was a bold design choice

Not sure I’m down with herbs and alchemy tables that fight back.

52 Likes

lol you should try mining

35 Likes

Exploding tables and cds is annoying but combining dracthyr glide and wind herbs on cliffs to glide across the zone is fun.

6 Likes

What do the mining nodes do? Hit you on the head with your own pick axe?

Up to two deaths now from herbs blowing me off a mesa.

17 Likes

Mining and setting myself on fire is fun!

Stop, drop and roll!

27 Likes

Is there some super intuitive trick to the windy plants? like jump? Apparently that’s how you fight plants that poison you… Jump up and down.

2 Likes

The windswept ones I presume? Just stand still for a moment… its like the frost ones that freeze the ground. You don’t get stunned if you don’t move til the ice disappears.

4 Likes

I think it’s kinda fun, although I do play a druid with quick access to stealth, slowfall, and the like. If I didn’t have so much utility I’d probably be much more annoyed. I imagine there’s probably profession upgrades down the line that mitigate these affects somewhat? I suppose it remains to be seen.

(Real talk, shadowmeld is the most indispensable ability I have. Like, I die so much whenever I play non-night elves just because my tendency is to get myself in trouble, shadowmeld, and stealth away.)

15 Likes

I don’t know, haven’t touched herbalism yet. I only have one level 70 and she’s currently finishing up Azure Span, she’s a Miner/Blacksmith.

Yep, it’s a specialization focus. I’m not sure on the exact details for herbalism, but for mining the node that sets us on fire (Molten) can be addressed by putting 10 specialization points in Mastering the Elements and then maxing out the Molten sub-specialization which turns the debuff that burns us into a buff that burns enemies.

8 Likes

keep some gliders in your bag

3 Likes

Druids needing gliders. That must sting!

16 Likes

I just realized you’re a druid! Where’s your Flap!? ;-; No need to die, lol!

6 Likes

Don’t really have any unused keybind space for it, especially since it’s so niche.

Also, needs chicken form, which you need to spec in to.

See, I think this kinda stuff is fun and adds some much needed character to the game.

Especially when it’s totally worth it to overcome that. Alchemy and Engi are big fun this go around.

16 Likes

Starting to be glad I’m a skinner/leatherworker.

6 Likes

I got both​:sob::joy:

1 Like

There is ore that lights you on fire when you mine it.

You can jump into water to put it out and clear the debuff.

Kind of neat.

13 Likes

Mining:
Fire has a large DoT. Will kill you at low lvls. Not an issue if your class heals. Also, jump in the water and it goes away. When overloaded, it also summons a minion that attacks you.

Herb:
Wind blows you in a random direction. Try standing between walls to minimize the effect. It’s a sure death if the plant is in a tiny cliff or spire.
Decay plants are the same as fire metals. This DoT deals a LOT more dmg and will kill you easily. You can remove stacks by jumping or with Cleanse disease. Overloading also summons a minion.

It encouraged me to spec into elemental gathering to avoid the negative effects, and it turned out to be a great gold maker because most people spec’d into faster gathering so there’s an excess of herbs, while the elemental essences still sell for 900 gold.

6 Likes

I’m feral, but gosh! I forgot this existed. thanks. I’ll gather these in moonkin from now on.

2 Likes