Death by herbing was a bold design choice

I got mad at Alchemy and got mining instead. Best choice I ever made. Alchemy in DF is useless. 90% of what you can make is quite literally useless, and being hard locked for 4 hours from leveling your profession is so mindboggling that I hope whoever made that choice never gets to work on Professions ever again.

How are you guys dying during herbalism? I don’t get it. If you see the whirl, position yourself so your blown somewhere safe. What are you doing, picking willy nilly? And I’ve only been barely affected by the necro ones. Just step out. What am I missing?

You don’t get to choose which direction you get blown though. Also you jump for decayed and are left with a 2 min debuff.

Interesting. I’ve never noticed the debuff from the decay ones. I always go right off, fighting the next mob. Of course, this is on my hunter, not the toon I’m posting on (too lazy to switch).

I haven’t played a gatherer in over 3 xpacs so no

I’ve only died once to Decaying herbs, since the DoT is extremely powerful. Usually drop in and grab and herb, and then try to fly away, but the elites and the DoT are pretty fatal.

Never died to any other herbs.

Watched a dude mine molten dracorium earlier while he was below a quarter health. It went about how you would expect.

2 Likes

Too lazy to read through every post to see if it has been said or not, but if you use auto loot and have your dragon mount keybound, you can simply hit your keybind immediately after the herb cast finishes. You’ll mount up just in time before the knockback occurs and you’ll just flap around on your dragon afterwards. Ever since I’ve learned that, I no longer die to windswept herbs. Also for the frigid herbs, you can get on your dragon mount and fly up without pressing any directional key and avoid slipping.

They burn you to death. With a dot.

Well to catch you up we have had events and hostilities while herbing/mining for years now.

My favourite is still the fox flower from Legion.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s more of an anti-botting mechanism than to punish players.

On a related note, after fourteen years, the moment I knew was inevitable as soon as I heard about dragon riding finally arrived.

I picked a flower and jumped off a mountain… before remembering I didn’t fly up there using flight form.

RIP me, fourteen years of having ‘deaths by fall damage’ in the Statistics panel at 0 on this druid gone in a flash. Nothing left to show for it but a me-shaped pancake on the floor of the Waking Shore - and some two-star Saxifrage. It was good while it lasted!

1 Like

What are you even talking about?

Which word confused you?

On second thought, don’t answer.

To be honest, with as deadly as WoW’s general flora and fauna tends to be…it’s actually WEIRDER that herbing hasn’t tried to kill us yet… Azeroth also has sentient rocks… mining should’ve honestly been a 50/50 chance you’re mining a very angry earth elemental from day 1…

4 Likes

On second thought how about you learn what words mean?

I like the molten ore.
It keeps me warm on these cold nights.
Maybe a bit too warm sometimes, but it’s the thought that counts.

2 Likes

Please look up the Dunning Kruger Effect.

To much annoyance they went full on annoyance over fun. Fun detected meme exists for a reason.

I loled. Mining is the same way, you get a dot for some that are “molten”, and yes, it will kill you if you have low health. I’m living proof of that. Wait . . . uh . . . LOOK! Its’ Elvis! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

Its going to be necessary when they update these mechanisms to also give 100% gear damage to everything equipped when you die from the mining/herbing debuff.