Dear DPS In Cata Dungeons

I’ve been running a ton of heroics - some with guildies if they’re on, but a bunch of pug runs too. I haven’t seen this.

I thought you were not going to play Cata?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I pull when I realize the tank is slow and is wasting time for no valid reasons, doesn’t happen often but still.

The only thing that bothers me… is when everyone is ready to go… and tank take another two minutes to maybe pull or don’t pull…

Like stop being scared pull that mug already

1 Like

no its about 3 DPS pulling 3 seperate groups and pulling them all over. I want to see a clip of him “easy handling” those lol, obviously not an experienced tank or a cushioned raid tank where 24 other people are working towards him. Doesnt sound like he ever experienced the hardship of teammates working actively against you

1 Like

Dear Tanks in Cata Dungeons,

Pull faster. You don’t need to wait for 40 seconds after every pull for the healer to get a drink. The healer doesn’t need a full mana bar for every single trash pull in the dungeon. If you’re slow, I’m going to speed you up.

Sincerely,

A Huntard.

P.S. Misdirection is a wonderful spell.

3 Likes

Just dive into both groups and demolish them.

What’s the issue here?

It’s always a tauren that seems like he has brain damage.

Everyone with full health and mana and the tauren tank is making micro movements and stalling for 2 minutes.

I can’t stand it.

2 Likes

back in vanilla people also wanted to just aoe packs down quickly once they got a bit of gear. And often did

we didn’t learn about the concept of AoE one day in 2007

the way i see it, if your dps is pulling then you are dumb dumb too slow tank. drink some mt dew, stop being a boomer

The character I was using somehow had its entire forum data erased, which is annoying. :rage:

That’s generally how I tanked in FFXIV, but that’s mostly because the wall-to-wall pulls that game has after Heavensward or so never sat right with me, especially when I’ve seen people attempt that here and get nuked into oblivion.

You clearly missed the joke, of course its based on the group, I just find the whole thread pointless.

This, you wait around ages for the smallest amount of mana and waste my holy power before a boss pull :frowning:

So many tank players shouldn’t be playing tanks

1 Like

Dear DPS,

It’s my job to watch the healers mana and hold all the mobs, please at least try to do more damage than the tank if you’re going to act like we’re holding up the show by allowing the healer to drink between pulls because you can’t kill the mobs fast enough.

PS: Healers, please remember to bring some water, there is no guarantee that a mage will be in the group.

1 Like

Bad tank problem. Sorry, but being good at tanking is about adapting situationally.

If a Healer is oom and some dumb DPS runs off an pulls a ton, sure. Dumb. Not good. But even than, you do your best to mitigate the situation, and ask that player to stop.

They’re certainly harder than Wrath dungeons, but harder than Wrath doesn’t mean hard.

Weird sense of entitlement among bad tanks.

You expect tanks to magically stay alive without heals?

An impressive amount of ignorance really

1 Like

What’s scary is that so few people are playing tanks, yet this STILL manages to be true.

I’ve already heard countless horror stories about FotM Blood DKs who don’t use ANY defensive CDs and just spam blood boil and fall over.

3 Likes

This was a long - winded way of saying “I’m entitled and bad at tanking”.

1 Like

That’s one reason I think I can watch my own mana. After a couple of trash pulls I’ll know how much mana I need to heal. I know how many cooldowns I still have if someone makes a big mistake. Sometimes tanks think I need more mana than I do. Especially with warriors I want to keep up their rage as long as possible. If I don’t ask to drink I don’t need to top off, go ahead and pull. I guess I’m unusual. It seems most healers expect the tank to watch their mana and decide for them when they need to drink.

Bruh calm down STier dont need a healer blood DK tank, flavor of the patch guy.