Dear DPS In Cata Dungeons

Stopping for healer mana is fine and all but if we’re just sitting around waiting on nothing and no one’s saying why, I’m pulling.

I honestly haven’t really encountered many DPS that intentionally pull in Cata heroics yet. I encounter many who don’t stun or interrupt or use their offensive dispel or do really anything other than damage, but not many who pull.

I think regardless of your role, everyone just needs to have general awareness of the rest of your group. If you’re a tank or DPS you should still have a party/raid frame with resources shown and know if your healer is OOM without them telling you. (talking to you mr tank that ran forward and pulled a group after an annoying trash pull that left us all half or lower in health and I was oom and you just… kept going, oblivious even to your own health apparently).

I wouldn’t run way ahead of a drinking healer and pull without them.

On my priest if I need to drink a little bit I’ll just shield the tank and start drinking, so it’s nice if they have some awareness that I’ll do things like that and not pull before I do so I can shield them and drink without getting in combat. I also wish Blizzard would make it so PoM bouncing didn’t make me stand up.

I have had some easy heroics where a tank seems to be considering something between pulls even when I’m almost full mana and wishing he’d pull so I didn’t lose my evangelism stacks. I’d rather have that situation than the ones that run forward when people are half dead and almost OOM though.

I fire a freezing trap at a target since CC doesn’t aggro mobs now. It’s a good visual queue that at least one group member is ready to go.

Plus a free L&L proc is nice.

1 Like

Omg these diva tanks…“ill let you die”…
I swear half the people playing tanks only coz they have some god complex or insecurity issues.
Other half plays them coz theyre busted af and rest of the group is here only as an decoration for them. Especialy blood dk.

7 Likes

my guild tanks tank like they’re Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights

If you ain’t first, you’re last!

Makes me very impatient when I decide to pug

So good tanks enjoy dps pulling for them?!? What are you even talking about…

3 Likes

So yeah I don’t understand why dps pull for tanks, but damn I’ve been grouped with some bad tanks as well.

One thing I don’t understand is how pulling mobs back to a safer position is such a hard concept to understand. If you see two groups of mobs precariously close why not consider pulling the first group back, rather then running right in and risking pulling both groups? I’d like 9 times out of 10 the other group gets pulled by mistake.

1 Like

Good tanks don’t care.

4 Likes

i want to live in a universe where i can md some extra mobs when our group can clearly handle it, without the tank screaming at me

4 Likes

Hey, hey, no unreasonable expectations, the dude plays a rogue and you expect him to be able to read? come on now

That’s when I usually find out the tank and healer are on Disc together and the tank is afk LOL

Dear Tanks in Cata dungeons:

There’s a pat coming
I can’t interrupt those unless you pull them out of the pyramid
I can only interrupt one target at a time
Please move them out of the fire
Take the boss away from where the adds spawn and let the hunter handle them
Pull it out of the healing ring. Further. Further. Come on dude you can literally see its buff
I’m stunned
Please pull them back so we can avoid the cleave without pulling the next group too

5 Likes

Yeah, I remember waiting around for like a minute on the last boss of Old Kingdom. I said “pull boss” and the tank replied with “healer mana”, only the healer had like half mana, was a druid and we then stood around doing nothing because the healer went afk without saying anything.

All I ask for is communication, if someone’s AFK say so, it’s just needless waiting around.

Oh and same guild so tank got mad at me for rushing them.

2 Likes

A rogue has to backstab and sometimes the back of mob is next to pack :frowning:

I usually vote kick dps that pull. If they want to rush they can form their own sweaty toxic group. As a healer I found it incredibly annoying when tanks pulled when i was at 30% mana. Especially in HoO where the trash is pretty brutal leading up to the first pack. As I"ve gotten gear and now at 351 ilvl it’s not as big of a deal but for new 85’s that just hit that 329 heroic dungeon ready mark it’s not easy at all. Also ive seen a trend in tanks pulling faster and faster as THEY have gotten gear but the dps /healer in the group arent which has also lead to wipes.

2 Likes

Boy you must really hate hunters because we’ll just misdirect to you.

I’m not a speedster tank. Never have been. I’m not slow either. I pull what the healer can handle. If DPS want to act stupid and just start pulling blindly while my healer is needing mana, they die. Speedsters have infested the game since the dawn of wow. Back in vanilla you couldn’t blind pull like crazy or you would all die.

But to those dps who are in a rush to get through the dungeon just rushing ahead of everyone pulling everything. I say enjoy your death as I will ask the healer to not heal you. At all. Just the kind of tank I am. My priority is to keep the healer out of trouble. If dps want to act dumb. They can dumb down with no health bar. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Dear tanks, Pull faster.

:old_man_yells_at_cloud.gif:

1 Like

No don’t just blindly listen to this guy, pull accordingly to how the group is, your gear, the healers gear, etc. Some tanks should not be pulling faster.

4 Likes