Dear DPS In Cata Dungeons

Innervate the healer and keep it moving.

You prolly don’t have innervate hotkeyed.

2 Likes

You literally play the most brain dead role in game :skull:

1 Like

I’d say this is more likely:

Sincerely,
New Tanks.

:woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

neither are the tanks. i had to stop healing because i’d go oom wasting my mana keeping all the dps alive who stand in crap and then the tank would already be at the next group as soon as i sat down to drink

3 Likes

This is just a Tank ego post and nothing more…

Good tanks will always understand that bigger DPS means bigger threat. Also butt-pulling from hitting from behind, tabbing and pushing can get a little crazy at times. Just do your best to control that and DPS will do their best to kill these mobs for you.

9 Likes

Id be better at any specific and role than you.

Try using your abilities.

stop being so damn slow

2 Likes

DPS contribute very little to the group

4 Likes

This is the main reason I just can’t tank. People that do it infuriate me.

2 Likes

Pull faster.

Some of you are so slow and you don’t understand we can kill more than 2 mobs at a time.

Healers don’t need 100% mana for a trash pull.

1 Like

DPS have the easiest role, which is a big draw for many DPS. A group can clear upper level content with only a tank and healer, DPS cannot. If a tank or healers messes up the group wipes. If a dps messes up, “lol, brez me bro so I can die in fire again”. The dps brainrot takes are kinda funny tbh.

7 Likes

The same kind of people telling the tank to git gud are the same people who complain about how long it takes to get a group together.

3 Likes

I knew where the replies were going with this before I read them. I think they’re still too used to healers using 10% mana over an entire fight. If there’s a pack of 5 ahead of me and my heals is 30% mana unless they say it’s good I’m waiting until I can at least see the drinking indicator.

I’ve tried keeping on steady paces, and every one of those healers ends up needing a break. What people don’t seem to realize is the more mana a healer wastes saving dps, the more downtime there’s going to be in the long run. I’m okay with dps that pull for me IF THEY CAN MISDIRECT. If some mage stands there precasting pyro cancels 15 times while I’m waiting on mana and he sends it, he can die. I have zero F’s left to give to stupid dps.

It’s not that I’m not confident in my healers, it’s that I’m realistic. The last thing I would want as a healer is the tank to pull a lethal pack while I’m out of heal range and trying to get mana back.

You and I have the same problem - we’re trying to do our jobs correctly and we’re surrounded by an insane amount of impatient and stupid dps. I’ve made a post similar to this one in the past, with the same responses. Best you can do is accept the level of stupidity brought on by some of these people and adjust accordingly.

13 Likes

I don’t get why some healers expect the tank to keep track of their mana. I have a macro: /p I need mana /e oom /s I need mana. I can keep track of my own mana and hit that macro when I need to drink. Tanks have more than enough to do without deciding when I need to drink.

2 Likes

It makes sense to me, honestly, but that’s as someone who’s tanked more than he’s healed. Keeping an eye on that after each fight gives everyone a chance to breathe a little instead of the GOGOGO speedrunning mentality that seems to infest the community like a bad Zerg plague.

I don’t know about anyone else here, but I’m playing to have fun, not to finish the leveling in the first week and then spend the rest of the phase standing around complaining about having nothing to do.

Also, why did this default to my retail character? >:(

When I’m tanking I always watch the healer mana and always pay attention to where everyone is. I consider it my job as the tank. I play a healer too and make sure to call out if I need mana too. Good players are situationally aware.

I’ve stopped to rez before, just to have the tank run away and start pulling while I’m casting the rez, cancel the rez, pop nature’s swiftness and pop boots to catch up before he dies just to have him continue his chain pull around a corner and LoS me and die…then yell at me because we were near the entrance and I “never should have tried to rez.”

Because, ya know, it’s not his job to know where his healer is LOL.

2 Likes

This entire thread is full of misers. No one should want to play with any of you, you all sound horrible lmao

6 Likes

That’s a whole different situation that really has nothing to do with mana. That’s a bad tank. A tank shouldn’t be pulling when someone is dead.

I don’t have a problem if a tank is watching my mana, but I don’t think it’s his responsibility. All I expect is for the tank to stop when I announce I need mana.

Click the character pic top corner then click change avatar pick the one you want

1 Like

and as a healer, please for the love of god pull faster. I’ve had to direct a hunter to just MD chain pull because some tanks are unbelievably slow.

1 Like