Deafening Silence On Shamans For The War Within

Are Monks really that bad? I honestly haven’t played one since WOD and was debating if I might reroll to MW in TWW, since I’m benching my Shammy.

1 Like

What I really want is for some Blue Poster to give an explanation as to why they think shaman is at a good place or why they think the changes in TWW are fun.

Just give an explanation as to what they reviewed/listened to, that led them to these decisions.

Do they have mountains of feedback from shaman players that they wanted Ancestors vs Elementals?

Or did they make some decisions based on raw data that shows no one likes to press Stormstrike as much as Lava Lash?

Just understanding the reasoning would go a long way to clear up frustration.

2 Likes

Honest question, does any other class still use some spell effects from Vanilla? Tauren shaman totems have never been updated since 2004, and I can’t think of any other class that has something still there from vanilla.

3 Likes

I would love some clarity on if the talent trees or focus for shamans is being looked at, or whether talents that aren’t working as intended or negate use of certain talents are being looked at such as undulation for resto and Farseer. Or whether things like tempest are supposed to not work with elemental mastery or lightning bolt talents.

And yeah, just getting an overall idea of whether or not their intent for all these changes was to change the playstyles or if they have any further plans with shamans. My hopeful optimistic side says our time will come, my realistic side who played BFA thinks we’ll get a “Your abilities do X more damage/healing” fix and it’ll be called a day.

1 Like

For Windwalker, yeah, the capstones were terrible.
In Twin they are much better.

2 Likes

I’ve heard mixed reviews, our mistweaver monk is riding the avatar hype train and super excited to fistweave next expansion but I’m not sure how windwalker or brewmaster is doing. But I’m glad they got a talent tune up.

I think every class has had their talents tuned up in either DF partway through like demon hunters (If memory serves) or in the beta/alpha testing. Not shamans yet, but I’m hoping that’s coming and they’re just realllllly cutting close to the wire for cleaning those up.

1 Like

I guess the deciding factor for me if I reroll MW next expac is whether or not Fistweaving is the only way to play the spec. I liked being able to stand back and play a more caster-style MW with Soothing, Renewing, and Enveloping mists.

If Fistweaving is the only viable way to play the spec, then I’ll probably go Evoker or Priest.

I will note, I’m primarily a Raid healer, so that’s the content I’m looking at when it comes to which healer to play.

All this doom and gloom acting like Shaman is the worst of the worst. Meanwhile for me as Resto in pvp i have no issues out healing anyone and keeping my teammates alive, i love the spec and the way it plays. Resto also gets a lot of play in the AWC and you know those guys only play dead broken specs :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Which is even more comical when you think about the 5% healing nerf that was only to PVE healing before S4 started. Despite shaman struggling in the PvE areas.

There was significant feedback for other classes and specs too, such as Frost DK, where Blizz ignored the player feedback because someone at Blizz feels they know better than collective customer feedback.

From what I understand MW will still follow the standard conventions of raid healing that they follow now. If you’re one of those raiders that supplements gearing through M+, you want to look at the melee range normalization that’s going out, cause from what I have seen, it will have an influence on MW in M+.

Evoker has some pretty interesting hero talents and I am looking into it possibly as a 3rd healing alt, but I am more of an M+ player and just screw around in raid from time to time. Priest, I have not been following much for TWW.

I hope you find something you enjoy. I do wonder how hero trees will work with the raid build in TWW.

I believe I saw mana tide be buffed with the latest build which is nice but still almost no changes whatsoever.

Which is sad because making a few talents baseline and re-arranging a few other ones would go a tremendously long way to make the talent trees better.

I’m mainly just a Raider. I don’t really enjoy M+. You’d pretty much have to twist my arm and hold a gun to my head to get me to run M+.

I do like the look of Flameshaper, which is why I’m leaning towards Evoker in TWW.

Running Remix just reminded me that I haven’t tried Monk in a long time and thought maybe I should look into it. If I can run raids as a caster MW, then I might give it a try. I don’t hate Fistweaving, I just prefer a caster playstyle more.

1 Like

It’s been so vocal and prominent lately, I bet they have a secret Shaman ultra patch coming just to fix this. Well…one can hope right xD

1 Like

More datamined stuff, maybe stuff is cooking? Source from MMO champion, nothing official yet but I can’t imagine a world where lightning bolt was an instant cast unless they’re just referring to another spell modifying it. Reading data mining as plain text was never my forte, but we’ve got some more lines about us mentioned so that’s cool.

• Chain Lightning : Hurls a lightning bolt at the enemy, dealing [ 70.04% of Spell Power ] Nature damage and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Affects 2 3 total targets. 100 yd range. Instant.
  • Conductive Energy : Name changed from “Conductive Energy (NYI)” to “Conductive Energy”. Gain the effects of the Lightning Rod talent: Lightning Rod Lightning Bolt, Elemental Blast, and Chain Lightning make your target a Lightning Rod for 8 sec. Lightning Rods take 20% of all damage you deal with Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning. THIS IS NYI
  • Earthsurge : Allies affected by your Earthen Wall Totem, Ancestral Protection Totem, and Earthliving effect receive 10% increased healing from you. Instant. 100 yd range. Instant.
  • Lightning Bolt : 2 sec cast Instant.
  • Lightning Bolt Overload : Casts a bolt of lightning at the target for [ 114% of Spell Power ] Nature damage. 30 yd range. 2 sec cast. Instant.
  • [Lively Totems (New) : Your Healing Tide Totem, Healing Stream Totem, Cloudburst Totem, Mana Tide Totem, and Spirit Link Totem cast a free, instant Chain Heal at 100% effectiveness when you summon them. Instant.
  • Nature’s Guardian : When your health is brought below 35%, you instantly heal for 20% of your maximum health. Cannot occur more than once every ?? 45 sec. Shaman - Level 40 Talent. Shaman - Level 40 Talent.
  • Skyfury Totem : Summons a totem at your feet for 15 sec that increases the critical effect of damage and healing spells of all nearby allies within 40 yards by 20% for 15 sec. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. 0.6% of Base Mana. Instant. 40 sec cooldown. 1 sec global cooldown. Requires Shaman. Requires level 10. Instant.
  • Whirling Elements LElemental motes orbit around your Surging Totem. Your abilities consume the motes for enhanced effects. Water: Your next Healing Wave or Healing Surge also heals an ally inside of your Healing Rain at100% at 100% effectiveness. Air: The cast time of your next healing spell is reduced by 40%. Earth: Your next Chain Heal applies Earthliving at 150% effectiveness to all targets hit.
  • Whirling Water : Your next Healing Wave or Healing Surge also heals an ally inside of your Healing Rain at100% effectiveness. Instant. at 100% effectiveness. Instant.
  • Wind Barrier :If you have a totem active, your totems grant you a shield absorbing totem grants you a shield absorbing [ 6% of mhp damage for 30 sec every 0 seconds. Instant. 30 sec. Instant.
1 Like

Primordial wave best spell ever. They will probably just make shamans op and forget really fixing anything.

2 Likes

That’s just MMO Champion’s datamining program spitting out junk. Lightning Bolt is not being made instant cast.

3 Likes

You mean chain lightning isnt gonna have a 100 yard range either?

TBH I just figured this was for farseer ancestors or something.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I had questions about it, there’s no way that lightning bolt would be instant cast without a crazy overhaul, so I wasn’t sure about the jumble that was there, but I was curious because it was more lines of text than buffing mana tide totem and sky fury totem

That’s a good point too, I might be being too optimistic lol

2 Likes

If you take out the weird lightning bolt/cl instants. The mana tide. The sky fury.

You are basically just left with tooltip corrections.

1 Like