Deafening Silence On Shamans For The War Within

Shamans aren’t real

You do realize that ever since Greg Street left Blizzard, Dev communication went to $#!^ right?

I expect zero interaction with Devs in this game.
Play the class if you like its current state, quit if you don’t.
Don’t expect much.

No one sane takes Coldest Snap. Cold Snap’s sole purpose is double Ice Blocks for emergencies. It’s only marginally useful in situations where you are 100% sure you won’t be dying.

Regarding the frost mage rework: as someone who plays non-meta specs for fun, having my parses jump from the 30s to the 90s in a single day with pretty much no changes to build/rotation was WILD.

As for shamans, like monks, the class capstones are really bad IMO.
We need a rework.

TBH, at this point, I’m starting to miss simple things like Searing/Magma totem…

Elemental is fine. Enhance is insane.

Monks.

This happened in freaking Vanilla too, and multiple other expansions IIRC. Bus Shock, for the people who know.

Maybe they were just gonna remove the class when nobody was looking, but 2 or 3 people may have noticed.

“Hey, didn’t I have a Shaman?”

“No, I don’t think so”

1 Like

At this point, I think it’s becoming increasingly apparent that Ion is the one resposinbile for holding back the shaman class. Perhaps he just can’t be bothered to relearn the class and so has instructed his underlings to not make any changes. This despite the fact that he hasn’t played his own shaman in some years now I think.

i agree your doomed.

ghostcrawler was a really abrasive dev from what i remember from his posting in the forums. i still remember his condscending post about hunters complaining about arcane shot being removed. oh boy it did not go over well. yeah if were gonna get communication like that i can do without it. all that does is lead to open animosity between the devs and the players.

Believe me, would have much rather have been forgotten this expac than the load of crap they did to Shadow since 10.1.

Really wish the Devs who worked on Shadow this expac left us alone and messed up Shamans for awhile. :confused:

It was honestly better than nothing.
At least we had some insight over what was going on.

And you could see in-game that he, at least, read the forums.
Bugs reported here were fixed in game in a few weeks at best.

Now, bugs reported on alpha might be fixed on the last patch of an expansion…

no it really wasn’t.being told that your wrong and we’re right and we know more than you is NOT productive.
he was also the author behind that oh so brilliant
“heorics are hard” article.
which was really just a low key condscending jab at the playerbase.

so true brother 123

We’re 5th of 7 in dps and 6th out of 7 for hps pulling from keys level 10 and higher. That position remains unchanged in high keys. So how is that one of the best? Either you’re trolling, willfully ignorant, or can’t read/count. Oh my, you’re from moonguard. Think that answers it.

2 Likes

Look at Wlogs for raid lol

Raid…seriously? Where damage does not matter for healers. You’re trolling. 3/10 sir.

1 Like

You are trolling on that one mate, getting every piece of DPS in progression raid does matter.

Still that does not override M+ concerns

1 Like

For the vast majority of players that engage in raiding, no it really does not. It’s fairly nonsensical to push an argument that pertains to maybe the top 5% of players, if that? Seriously, what % of the player base progs raid encounters to the point where they have to squeeze every bit of dps out of healers? Mythic during RWF, maybe? Yeah, I am not entirely familiar with your particular brand of stupidity, but I stand in awe over your unquestionable commitment to it.

These sorts of replies are a perfect example why the devs are so out of touch, they listen to stuff like this and just completely miss the mark of what is important.

2 Likes

You need to chill, as much as you want to be right that’s now how conversations become constructive.

You don’t do mythic raids, that’s fine, but it is important in raid progression not just for rwf, that’s incredibly short sighted view on it.

I was literally saying that even if raid DPS is good, that doesn’t mean M+ dps should be bad.

Do you think a cleave fest in m+ which has healers spec swapping is more representative of DPS than raid fights?

1 Like

Primordial Wave needs to go.

3 Likes

i will keep saying it because it will keep being true; blizzard doing the “we’re sorry, we hear you, we will be better in the future” feel-good tour every single bad expansion and then going totally radio silent for the entire duration of a good expansion is moronic

2 Likes

I didn’t mind primordial wave as an option but them getting rid of chain harvest was a travesty lol. That felt great to use for everyone and was amazing for 5 man content as a short powerful cooldown which elemental and resto both need.

And even if they’re like, “oh well it didn’t fit” you could easily remedy that by making it theme with electricity and water, called it like, electrified waters or something. Functionally the same but shamany. Maybe make it a new capstone for the shaman tree instead of nature’s swiftness that druids get a better version of one rung down in their talent tree for resto lol.

1 Like