Deadmines or Diremaul?

Doubt if you want. I distinctly remember leveling on Firetree and it was common to see people refer to it as VC or DM. I fully believe you never saw it if you only played on one server. I server hopped a few times a year back then, and there were certainly differences in culture between servers.

2 Likes

This is how I always understood it. I was calling it DM before dire maul was released…

2 Likes

That’s interesting. This wasn’t the case on Silvermoon. DM was deadlines, and dire maul was DM-E, DM-N, DM-W

1 Like

I always referred to it as Diremines (for DM) and Deadmaul (for DM).

1 Like

do people not know there are THREE Diremauls.

LFG Diremaul…ugh what ONE

That’s why it’s DM for deadmines DM west/east/noth for the others.

5 Likes

Yeah, no one would just say “LFG DM” and mean Dire Maul, you would always say which one you were doing. Thus it makes no sense at all to say VC since saying just DM makes it obvious you want Deadmines.

4 Likes

I think it’s hilarious seeing the same arguments from 15 years ago being rehashed and revisited now.

4 Likes

Maybe dude. I don’t totally doubt that. It does sound weird though.

I never saw this argument back then tho. I always was LFG DM north

2 Likes

Just as there were people referring to VC as VC before Dire Maul was even released… (Yes, it was a thing even then.)

1 Like

Kinda like how someone saying VC would have ALWAYS meant Deadmines… Your own logic here is flawed.

1 Like

Played on Thunderhorn in vanilla 04-onwards

Deadmines was VC

My logic is just fine.

1 Like

Deadmaulines Cleef

1 Like

This issue will be settled around the same time we all agree how to pronounce “.gif”.

Deadmines = DM
Dire maul = DME, DMW, DMN, Tribute

No one does all of DM. People aren’t looking to do all 3 wings in a single setting and if they are they will notify people.

2 Likes

I played on two servers in Vanilla (Laughing Skull-PvP, Illidan-PvP); both of which people would cry out for everyone to call it VC – uncommonly saw people use cardinal directions but it did happen.

After a while I would recruit people in Westfall for a “cookie run” as we all know who the real final boss of Deadmines was.

2 Likes

Hey, I’d totally call it a cookie run over calling it VC!

Dm is deadmines in westfall. Dm is diremaul in trade chat.

1 Like

Hard g like in graphic.