Dazar'alor is revenge for Teldrassil

out of curiosity, what are you parameters to count something as a victory or loss?
in my book, achieving your objectives count as a victory.
so i fail to see how teldrassil is randomly not a win for the horde.

3 Likes

Nobody cares about elves or humans, the same way nobody cares when orcs and trolls are killed

2 Likes

But you care about the Zandalari fleet?
I would think that people are more important than objects.

Shrugs Doesn’t really matter to me in the long run. Honestly you’re right, if you’re that disgusted with someone you shouldn’t waste your time on them, and both you and your supporters disgust me so much that you’re basically a waste of energy.

To more salient points then.

Maybe they’re freemen on the land, and they claim they’re boats so that only maritime law applies to them and that’s why they don’t pay taxes.

1 Like

Teldrassil is a loss for the Horde, and for the Night Elves, but a massive win for the Alliance. Malfurion, the Supreme Deity, becomes Hard Lined for the Alliance at the cost of unimportant npcs, and Delaryn (who, again, was made specifically to die in BFA.) Then, to avenge Teldrassil, the Alliance army defeats the Horde army and forces them to retreat through the portal.

Whether or not Sylvanas blew up Lordaeron, the Alliance forced the Horde to leave after killing an ungodly amount of them, as well as destroying valuable Azerite weaponry.

The fleet is a marked stated power of the expansion. Blizzard stated we turned to the Kul’Tirans and the Zandalari for their fleets. We lose our objective. You win yours.

3 Likes

But what about the people? Those who lived and had families and loved ones? Do you not care about them?

I don’t care about nameless NPCs because Blizzard hasn’t even written them. They’re back drop. They’re color. They’re flavor.

I think this depends on what you mean by care: From an empathetic standpoint, the people onboard the ship were killed horribly, and that feels bad, but from a narrative standpoint feeling bad in the short term is good if it’s balanced out with vengeance and vindication.

For us to have a complete narrative arc for the people lost and not have the emotion just…languish…there, we need to have the tools, and the story to let us avenge those people. The problem is we are getting neither of those things, causing us to be locked in a state of unpleasant stasis.

1 Like

Admittedly, I am pretty harsh on the Horde, So, I don’t blame you for assuming.

I don’t think so either, but we know at least one Dev considers it to be… I forget which one tho. Probably Blizzcaller.

1 Like

And that is where the divide lies. Some people see the game world as a game, others as a world.

1 Like

Well, where you lost a subdivision of a world with characters you knew little to nothing about, we lost a massive titan of troll lore who was legendary in his own right.

What about those who see it as an inbetween? those people who see enough about the world to care about it, but who also realize that narratively speaking that world won’t reciprocate in any way because we know what we feel bad about is weighed differently by the writers.

You don’t have to look all in universe, or all meta, you can shift between the two.

1 Like

okay, so you say that the randoms here doesn’t matter.

But then you say that these randoms do matter?.

and the horde teldrassil…

1 Like

I’m not though, I described what your apparent needs were. Again, you’re the one who brought up your motivation. The thread is whether you believe Dazar’alor was sufficient revenge for Teldrassil. Not ‘does losing Warcraft’s Jerusalem (even though it isn’t lost and that’s a gross exaggeration) suck for only having attacked Teldrassil.’

It is entirely subjective because we’re talking about how people feel about these things. The weight given, and how the story impresses them upon people, is subjective. About whether these things atone for the prior actions. Revenge and atonement are very, very subjective. These are things you can clearly quantify.

1 Like

Yes, because I was one of those randoms!

Yes, but only night elf fans cared about Teldrassil.

And look who’s back, back again?

Tyrande’s back.

Tell a friend.

This thread’s too heated. Have some baby birds.

12 Likes

Teldrassil itself was a Titan of Nelf Lore.

1 Like

A titan of troll lore I’ve personally never heard of or cared about until BfA, compared to a city of people I’ve enjoyed living and playing as since Wrath when I started playing.

For the sake of the current argument, doesn’t really matter. Treng is firmly on the game side.

1 Like

Oh really?

4 Likes