Dazar'alor is revenge for Teldrassil

You said it yourself. The lives lost on Teldrassil will end up not having any impact in the future because Blizz will forever be vague about numbers and the Night elves will keep trucking along being fine.

1 Like

I expect players who had an emotional response to it to be able to analyze the events months after it happened and realize that it was utterly superfluous. Nothing they did saved anyone. None of the npcs that they could save were important named npcs.

You didn’t lose a puppy. You lost an npc you had no real connection to.

The event didn’t make you care about the npcs, it made you care about being powerless.

4 Likes

“In retaliation for the invasion of Poland at the hands of the German Reich, Great Britain has declared war on Mongolia.”

2 Likes

Why do you care about the Undercity? Nobody of importance died.

3 Likes

Yeah, that doesn’t mean I think genocide in real life is okay, or even that genocide in the game is okay, only that it will be written in such a way that narratively the Night Elves will only gain. Hence the Horde will complain because it seems we only lose our morality and lose our power, while the Alliance only gains in power and righteousness.

That you would actually dilute the term ‘Genocide Apologist’ to this just to make your opponents look bad actively makes me disgusted with you as a person.

That’s like, yeah a new level of awful.

5 Likes

And it s followed up in 8.1 with another quest where we’re told to do something that we’re predetermined to fail at doing. Stop Steve Danuser from raising Delaryn, Sira, and the other dead Kaldorei.

Meanwhile the Horde players get to net another victory in the exact same scenario.

Night Warrior is played up to be this big deal and then is immediately slapped down into the dirt because Nathanos is a Senior Writer’s OC and isn’t allowed to lose. Just like Sylvanas isn’t allowed to ever lose anything of actual import. Just like Horde players never ever actually suffer a serious loss.

Rastakan’s death expedited the Zandalari joining the Horde. His death was a net win for Horde players. Why are you mad about Rastakan?

9 Likes

Because it’s bar absolutely none the most important city in the setting. Vast swaths of players on both factions care about Lordaeron City because of its importance not only to Warcraft 3, but to both factions with the humans of the Alliance, and the Forsaken of the Horde.

4 Likes

Are you answering that to the right person?

Ignoring your personal opinions on what is valid or is invalid players want their payback.
To feel “powerful” and to do that they have to actually beat the Horde.
The Zandalari are not Horde.
The Naga are not Horde.
Getting help from yet another “True Horde” rebel group doesnt count either.

Horde got to feel powerful and so far Alliance never has.
Its their time to do so.

The Alliance player has been waiting for it since Cataclysm.

6 Likes

Maybe… Just maybe, have you considered that your perspective on this is what’s awful?

1 Like

Yeah, but why do you care? Nobody went to the Undercity and the NPC soldiers were literally nameless.

2 Likes

Actually no, that one was my bad, I thought you were replying to a different post. In which case no, that’s firmly on Akiyass specifically.

In regards to what you actually responded to: Yeah that’s kind of the problem and my point. The Night Elves lost will vague, it won’t negatively impact their society, however it is being treated as something so bad that it needs a Night Warrior to balance it out.

2 Likes

That sounds like the entirety of Vol’dun, Nazmir, and Zuldazar.

Also, our War Campaign.

What victory?

I agree that it sucks that your Super Goddess is defeated by Nathanos. Blizzard continuously kills our leaders, nerfs our leaders, and denies us important and powerful npcs. So, when they decide we have to win a battle it sometimes doesn’t make any sense.

Nathanos defeats Tyrande left many scratching their heads.

They’re setting up her ultimate loss now.

See: My current post.

At the cost of Rastakhan! We could’ve just had the Zandalari join us without him dying.

Minimizing his death because we got the race we were billed before you even knew any of this would happen is disingenuous at best.

Completely false. Full stop.

2 Likes

Hm let me think about diluting the meaning of words to such a level that you can accuse someone of being a genocide apologist for critiquing story structure.

Hmmm…

Hmmmm…

Nope, you’re just a garbage human being.

3 Likes

Alright this thread has become way too toxic for me to participate in.
Yall more interested in ‘winning’ and talking in circles than having a civil and fun conversation.

4 Likes

Sure. I’m with you.

Why do you not feel that way with Zuldazar? You’ve fullfilled every single thing that the Horde did in the War of Thorns short of actually destroying the city, with the added bonus of killing the King.

You complain that you drove the Zandalari into our arms, but we didn’t deprive the Alliance of the Night Elves, either.

You’re already canonically winning. You’re winning so hard that Nathanos straight up tells Sylvanas that – the biggest Sylvanas boot licker in the Horde admits she’s wrong!

I mean Death is Final got to feel powerful. I certainly haven’t.

See the part of my post referring to Zandalar.

Also that Sylvanas is gonna get wrecked this expansion.

1 Like

Also making light of a significantly damaging a tragic event because “It’ll all work out”

It’s honestly gross, but I don’t expect you to really have any capacity for empathy. It’s always about you.

1 Like

…?

What.

Your first post in this thread was EXTREMELY toxic, what did you think would happen?

6 Likes

I am glad you are so open minded to disagreement.

No one is in actual fact brainwashed by these people… so you seem nothing more than a Tauren’s toilet-calf.

Clearly as your name seems like an Erectile Dysfunction medication, it is obvious the blood has left your brain for other parts.

/giggle

2 Likes

‘Making light’.

Aki, have been one of the most ardent defenders of Darnassus as an extremely evil event that could not be classified as anything but a genocide, I have probably spent more time reprimanding people for making light of Darnassus then I care to count.

But narratively speaking? it’s a net win for the Alliance that due to how the writers will portray it from here on out and a signifies wider problems with Horde storytelling.

So don’t tell me it’s ‘Making light’ or that it’s ‘Gross’ while diluting extremely serious accusations just to make a point.

7 Likes