Dazar'alor is revenge for Teldrassil

That is possible. Now I don’t know Blizzard’s plan. And, given that I don’t understand how they could have thought that this would be a good idea, I have lost faith. But now that Sylvanas is a cartoon villain, there is no reason why she couldn’t go down like a villain.

4 hours and 224 post.

Hahahahaha can’t make bait this good.

3 Likes

Wasn’t created with the intention of being bait. Not everything that gets attention is.

I know but damn, this sparked so much talk. Normally it takes a day or two for the most controversial threads to get over 100.

I assume because the top three posters also have over half the posts.

3 Likes

What can I say I know how to spark engaging and heated debates.

Most of the “civilians” went and rampaged at the invaders, indeed they operated as militia. If the same happened had the horde thought to occupy the grape-elf capitol, I still wouldn’t care. Nope we just nuked the tree and the alliance on the other hand did an “enduring freedom” on the Zandalari with the overall intent to minimize casualties. If we are looking and side by side comparison, Dazar’alor was much cleaner.

No, the horde still hasn’t got a leg to stand on in saying that the alliance wronged them and the alliance still have free reign at this point to do anything it wants to the horde and still get a pass. This is why a lot of horde players are still disgruntled at this. Though the alliance playerbase should not celebrate this awful writing trend. Not only is Dazar’alor a wet noodle with absolutely no strategic value at the end of the day, it actually made things worse for the alliance by turning the zandalar into veritable horde taliban when they were merely as the chinese were to the vietcong as far as relations with horde went. Men and materials sent to the horde discreetly will now double in volume.

The alliance did not carpet bomb Dazar’alor, they were instead written into doing one of the most moronic surgical strikes the lore has ever brought to light. The only good thing to come from this for the alliance is the decimation of the Zandalari fleet.

3 Likes

The night elf civilians were conscripted into the military by Malfurion. I’d certainly agree that it looks like more night elf npcs die than zandalari.

but I also don’t care about either.

My point was that OP was hypocritical. Both factions burn the civilians of the opposing city to death.

Just on imperial authority I disagree. Moral authority, you’re absolutely right, but if there’s one thing the Alliance still hasn’t learned, it’s that you don’t get to attack world leaders and then expect peace from their angry people.

The Alliance was owed vengeance, sure. But against the Zandalari?

Agreed. Preach.

The capture of the scepter of tides. The death of Rastakhan, too. If you don’t think Rastakhan would’ve joined up with the Horde after the Alliance raided Zuldazar, killed his people, and stole from his treasurey, AND DESTROYED HIS FLEET, I have a bridge to sell you.

I did mention that the attack on Dazar’alor was bonkers didn’t I? The overall result was a net negative in the long term for the alliance with the only short term benefit being the absolute wrecking of the zandalari fleet.

In my opinion, it was clear that the Zandalari was already mobilizing the fleet for the horde. His daughter was all in from the start. There is evidence for this. The Zandalari entry into the war was merely an inevitability which of course made it a target. Sylvanas nuked Teldrassil, the alliance poked an hornets nets full of angry aztec gods of fitness.

I’m still calling it that the Zandalari fleet becomes moot as a loss because of Sylvanas breaking out Ashvane. Gonna see the Horde get all the ships they need from the pirates.

1 Like

Alright everyone, say it with me!

“This is not real. This is a game. The guy playing the Orc? Human. That one playing the Elf? Human. Me? Human. All humans, none of them responsible for the game they’ve been given to play or the actions the quests give them.”

Honestly why is this so hard to understand.

4 Likes

Sorry I dont speak murderer. I mean orcish.

2 Likes

Classy. Classy indeed.

1 Like

:popcorn::eggplant::popcorn:

2 Likes

It was a joke my dude.

Most people of the alliance play nelves which makes then the most vocal group of criticism and easy to trigger group in this faction. I still we need an open season for hunting humans and elves though

Most people of the Alliance play Humans.

1 Like

Man, what a dumpster fire of a thread.

You have the night elf RPers crying literal IRL tears about Teldrassil, and you have the orc RPers saying Teldrassil is insignificant because its a zone no one cares about.

The reality is, Dazar’alor is quite literally the “payback” for Teldrassil. If you want to compare the scenario literally, then you need to go outside, grab a few breaths of fresh air, and get yourself together. Was Teldrassil worse? Of course it was. Is it “bad” that the alliance’s revenge isn’t as “bad” as the horde’s initial attack? No, of course not. This isn’t a game of one upping. Sure, in the lore, there will always be enough characters, but losing Rhastakan IS the equivalent of the Darnassian civilians. If you don’t like it, that’s fine, but that be how it is.

4 Likes

I did not see it until I read your post, now I can’t un-see it

An Alliance zone filled with Alliance civilians containing 2 Alliance villages and an Alliance capital at the least which have been around since Vanilla.

Some shiny boats and one Aztec Boi that aren’t even cemented as part of the Horde yet.

Yeah I totally see what you’re talking about. Except the part where you’re wrong about everything. We won’t be even until one of the Horde factions is on deaths door with their entire zone up in flames.

But that will never happen because then the Horde would actually have to take an L and that hasn’t been allowed since Cata.

1 Like