Day Night Cycle Thread Capped

I'd never betray that trust and even these replies I worry are walking the line. I have been warned before after all lol.

No you havent crossed any lines. If anything, you've accomplished a great deal.

Be proud of that.
10/30/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Aehl
A few people here on the forums, yes, ingame and in Trade and everywhere else?

A lot more.

That, I think, is lost in the "static".

I have 16 120's, I'm ingame a lot ;) I know it's discussed in game as well, but overall it's still the minority, I was using the forum as the example but yeah people care ingame, but tons don't even notice until it's pointed out.

(But I also admit I'm a horrible spokesmen for this because I mainly play at day time and I prefer nighttime ingame)
All good, just wanted to add that to the details. We are, try not to die of shock, on the same page now.

it may take time, but eventually even my thick skull absorbs things. :-D

Take care....Ill monitor the OCE forums for updates and yes your feedback on GD threads etc has been noted. I know now not to make that mistake again.
Man we don't deserve you Narull, you're so patient when we get heated. You are right though, a Blue post probably would just throw salt into the wound at this point.
It is good to hear that our feedback unless as it may be at times, is passes on though. The day/night cycle was never going to be an easy fix but I hope one day we'll get something to appease it
10/30/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Narull
And as my post said, what if they only have the same thing to say? WHat if they say 'there is no plans to fix that' you'd just be even angrier, hence I believe it's pointless for Blizzard to post (AGAIN THIS IS MY POINT OF VIEW NOT BLIZZARDS).

At least that would be an answer. It would be better than the carrot they dangled infront of us in 2016 then left us with deafening silence. I would rather them have the balls to say "no we wont do anything" than to just constantly ignore us.
10/30/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Sarshu
The day/night cycle was never going to be an easy fix

It was pretty easy for them to mess it up.

It was pretty easy for them to give those that wanted darker nights a potion to do just that.

It was easy for them to program in darker nights for BfA

I dont believe for one second that doing something as simple as making an opposite to the inky black potion would require any more than the most minimal of effort.

One person could fart out that potion in 20 seconds.
Sinnabun :

If you are going to comment, please do so more constructively. Narull has gone way beyond to at least talk to us.

He took the time and patience to address issues, and quite frankly went out on a limb to do so. I for one am grateful for all he has done, and comments like yours help cement the fact we may not hear from him again..which is the last thing we want.

Please stop.
1 Like
10/31/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Aehl
If you are going to comment, please do so more constructively. Narull has gone way beyond to at least talk to us.

I was being constructive, I was responding to him telling him I would rather Blizzard just come out and say that they wont do anything instead of taking their usual approach and ignoring us.

I wasnt rude to him. I wasn't ignoring what he was saying and I was being constructive. By all means, feel free to tell me exactly where you think Im not being constructive and keep in mind I was the one who started this thread so of course I am going to comment. Especially when I feel like the thread is being derailed by people talking about their feelings and needing a break from the forums or blowing smoke up a green's.
10/31/2018 12:03 AMPosted by Sinnabun
At least that would be an answer. It would be better than the carrot they dangled infront of us in 2016 then left us with deafening silence. I would rather them have the balls to say "no we wont do anything" than to just constantly ignore us.

The problem here is that's just your opinion of it, I respect that you want an answer one way or another but already a couple of people have said 'yeah that would kinda suck' it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. (again my warning that this is only my opinion, nothing that Blizzard have said).

10/31/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Sinnabun
It was pretty easy for them to give those that wanted darker nights a potion to do just that.

Actually that potion was suggested AGES before it became a thing, development cycles are long mate. As I said I suggested the reverse potion long ago, before the mass thread even began here, I still hope one day it could become a thing (seems like the easiest fix to me atleast) but I dunno.

What I do know however is that dev time can work off priority issues, something breaking in a raid or such would be WAY up the list of 'things to do' rather then a potion for a select bunch of people who don't like night time. It could honestly be on their list of 'things to do' but keeps getting pushed back (happens a ton in Overwatch for features, they have admitted).

10/31/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Aehl
Sinnabun :

Sinnabun is cool (though I've never had one irl hmm), as I said to you mate people can get angry people can be annoyed I and Blizzard completely understand that it just means you guys are all passionate about WoW and personally that makes me proud (I'm not the only nutjob who loves this game).

As long as it doesn't dissolve into personal insults or hijacking threads/any form of abuse it's fine for him or you to be upset, I won't take offense at all, hell I'm an Aussie I abuse my best friends casually and they do the same, it's what we do around here haha.

But yeah constructive stuff is always better, it's just.....well honestly it's a crappy situation I agree, but I'm gonna make more of an effort to talk to you guys even if it's about nothing.

I was thinking about it earlier today and had a laugh to myself, I could so be like a forum politician and just keep replying with [No comment] whenever something goes bad haha.
Narull

One question and one observation:

We got Aussie servers in 2014 and the night day time changeover was a lot later than that....2016.

So it cant just be changed back?

The observation:

.....and if they did post a blue reply to something that wasn't day/night related people would jump on it and complain like crazy (search your soul, you know it to be true) so basically the day/night issue has cut off them from posting here about anything.

I get that , I do, and yeah you nailed it.

But to play devils advocate, it will always be the elephant in the room, and if thats cutting them off from more communication then sooner or later, someone has to eventually talk to that elephant or get it out of the house.

Or feed it peanuts.

Or sell it to a circus.

Or give it to Operation Dumbo Drop 2 : Pachyderm Boogaloo...

Either way its a catch 22 situation..cant discuss the night day issue because they dont have a fix...cant talk about anything else, because they cant fix the night day issue and thats the first thing people will ask...and they cant talk about it because they dont have a fix....

Yeah, thats not an optimum situation.

So now the question is: how do we straighten this out?
1 Like
11/02/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Aehl
Narull

One question and one observation:

We got Aussie servers in 2014 and the night day time changeover was a lot later than that....2016.

So it cant just be changed back?

The server tech/code was flatout changed/rewritten back then, remember the giant slow patches we had as they changed file formats over as well? Same kinda thing, not as easy as simply undoing it because it's literally different now.

The observation:

*Stuff*

So now the question is: how do we straighten this out?

This my friend is the problem and it's beyond my pay grade (not that I get paid, just using it as a saying).

There are several solutions to bringing communication back or merging us into US but none ideal and honestly I'd rather not guess as it's pure speculation but you kinda pointed them out with the circus references.

For now and I don't mean to sound harsh but honestly what post on the OCE forum actually properly needs a blue reply? Night/Day we have discussed, RP was again commented on by Blizz years ago and the Lag issue has had replies on tech support where it kinda belongs.

Honestly I think the potion would be the best fix for day/night but nothing can be said about it until something is known or it goes bad as we discussed.

***MY OPINION*** I think an OCE RP server would be a horrible idea, it would be severely under populated. ***AGAIN MY OPINION***

And yeah tech support issue is upto techies no use a CM commenting on it because (Sorry CMs) it's not their job, only the techies can get it fixed.

(Seriously at some point I'm scared all of this is gonna backfire on me because someone is gonna take things I say as Blizzard's words or take it out of context, this isn't directed at you Aehl but please everyone don't do that, please!

Other than those three issues what needs a blue reply? I'm not being sarcastic I'm honestly wondering what bar those three would you like a CM to comment on here?

The place is pretty quiet, that's why I don't even post often because it just isn't needed.
(Seriously at some point I'm scared all of this is gonna backfire on me because someone is gonna take things I say as Blizzard's words or take it out of context, this isn't directed at you Aehl but please everyone don't do that, please!

No one will, and again, thank you.

I'm not being sarcastic I'm honestly wondering what bar those three would you like a CM to comment on here?

Not needed now.

Youve given me the answers I wanted. Im not thrilled with being stuck with eternal night, but as it cant admit to an easy solution, its all there is.

Any developements, keep me apprised, will you?
11/03/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Narull

The place is pretty quiet, that's why I don't even post often because it just isn't needed.

I feel like that's been a bit of a spiral though. I could be wrong but if we don't hear much from anyone (CM, MVP or other forumites) on OCE forums, no-one continues posts here. General gets results. The only posts that still gain speed on OCE are problems effecting Oceaniac players and not actual discussions.
I'm not pointing fingers, just observations of a downward spiral
The server tech/code was flatout changed/rewritten back then, remember the giant slow patches we had as they changed file formats over as well? Same kinda thing, not as easy as simply undoing it because it's literally different now.

So basically we are stuck with it.

Thats sad, Narull...and in all truth its a waste of art....its also depressing as hell.

I mean..how would anyone like it if they visited a city they had never seen before and were only allowed out at night.

New expac new zones...and we never see them in daylight unless we play after midnight our time...this isnt a go at any one person but what i dont understand is why anyone thought this would be a good idea..we get our own servers after ten years and where are we?

Back to a substandard gaming experience. We had our own night day cycle and bad latency..now we have good latency and as US based day night system that is seventeen hours out of sync with ours. :(
11/04/2018 01:39 AMPosted by Aehl
No one will, and again, thank you.

Huzza!

11/04/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Aehl
So basically we are stuck with it.

Wait a minute >.>

Are you two different people? because you just did what you said no one will do lol.

Yes the tech changed, that was me replying to you asking 'Why can't they just change it back?" Just because they can't just change it back doesn't mean there isn't other options they could do sometime.

As we have discussed I personally feel a potion would be the easiest, but there may be other ways to change the skybox, there may be other ways to 'unsync' us etc, we don't know. Just because they can't just undo something doesn't mean there isn't other options man, don't twist or misunderstand what I said please.

While I personally don't even notice day/night ingame (yeah I'm weird I guess) that doesn't mean I don't want a solution for you people who do and I do truly hope that eventually they can find a way to appease you all.

11/04/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Sarshu
I feel like that's been a bit of a spiral though. I could be wrong but if we don't hear much from anyone (CM, MVP or other forumites) on OCE forums, no-one continues posts here. General gets results. The only posts that still gain speed on OCE are problems effecting Oceaniac players and not actual discussions.
I'm not pointing fingers, just observations of a downward spiral

I agree, but it's as I said above, currently I post whenever I find something I can help with, if you guys want me to post more or have a specific thread you want me to comment on say so, I'm happy too.

But as for Blizzard I have no control over that, I can (and have) said in the past 'you guys seen this thread?' and EVERY time the answer is yes, Blizzard ANZ are reading this (Hi, please don't assassinate me) and they do hear your feedback, but IN MY OPINION they are in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation so it makes things really difficult.

Again, I'm happy to post more, want me to touch on something I will do all I can and answer anything I'm allowed to answer but it's a lot harder for Blizzard ANZ to speak freely then it is for me, all I'm risking is losing my MVP status, they risk a lot more if they say something wrong.
Sorry, that should have been we are stuck with it FOR NOW.. That was my fault. (I wasnt paying attention when i was writing- note to self - dont post when on a call.)

Apologies.

but IN MY OPINION they are in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation so it makes things really difficult.

Agreed. Ouch.

While I personally don't even notice day/night ingame (yeah I'm weird I guess) that doesn't mean I don't want a solution for you people who do and I do truly hope that eventually they can find a way to appease you all.

Some have noticed it, some havent TBH..some have actually thought that this was "normal", so its a mixed bag at best.

A few days ago I couldnt sleep , logged in at 3am...and OMG WHAT a difference.

Its start Nov now, what i intend to do is wait till maybe end Dec, check in to see whats cooking. With all the other recent brouhaha on their plates, i can well imagine the ANZ team is kinda up to their elbows in alligators.

What youve told me is:

They know.
Its on the radar.
It isnt an easy fix.
It hasnt been forgotten, and neither have we.

So for now, we wait, which is fine by me.

Lastly:

I had a question on another completelly different matter for you: ask it here or make a new thread?
11/05/2018 04:06 AMPosted by Aehl
I had a question on another completelly different matter for you: ask it here or make a new thread?

Prob best to make another thread if it's a completely different topic, but again I'll reply if I can or have info I can share but no guarantees.
11/05/2018 03:33 AMPosted by Narull
Blizzard ANZ are reading this (Hi, please don't assassinate me)

/salute
Takralus

Whilst you are here, please note what I said to Narull.

If, as he says , the night and day issue is why the Blues dont post here (as in they will get jumped on), and this is the barrier that prevents CM communication with the OCE playerbase, this is now a matter that requires urgent attention.

I agree with him, the flipside is, and please forgive me for being frank, that situation cannot be allowed to continue. Its a catch 22 , agreed..its also a vicious cycle that has led to a lot of ill will that is, and I will be clear, NOT ANYONES FAULT in specific.

Fingerpointing and blame exacerbate the problem. This isnt a "who" problem (and never was), this is a WHAT problem.

I am glad to see you, but it has been far too long...I am trying to put this the best way I can and if I am clumsy thats on me:

The silence CANNOT continue and an answer has to be found.

It is not conducive to good relations, it is not conducive to communication...and it has to a great degree, IMO, contributed to the fact that the OCE forums have been abandoned because of that lack of interaction.

This entire thing is a mess....leaving it unchecked or unaddressed will create more issues...back when I used to work in escalated complaints, we had a small sign up on the wall:

(Expurgated version)

"Problems that arent addressed are like mice...ignore them , they will run away to dark places and start breeding"

I am well aware it isnt an easy fix, I understand that fully. From my POV, the longer it is not attended to, the worse it will get.

You can only do what you can, we all know that.

It is not as much the underlying issue, as it is the end result of that issue is why it should be a priority.

When a problem causes staff to not to be able to communicate at all with the very playerbase they want to interact with in the first place....something has to be done. It is getting in the way of the CMs doing the job they are meant to do, and WANT to do, so now both sides are stuck on this treadmill.

How does this help any of us? How does this help you? Is this where we still want to be in another two years?

Neither of us want that. I know it and you know it.

So: How do we solve this?

How do we break this cycle?
1 Like
BTW

Can you either leave this one open, or reopen the other old thread?

Leave one open / uncapped for feedback.