Dawn/Dusk Cloth doesn't exist

FINALLY. time for baggins

Great that itā€™s been adjusted, but itā€™s still too low in my opinion. Iā€™m fully specced in drops and while I get an okay amount of standard weave Iā€™m still getting very little dusk/dawn. As things stand itā€™s still taking an enormous amount of effort to make a single Duskweave bag; Iā€™m still not getting enough of either to hit the cooldown timers on Dusk/Dawnweave bolts, making them moot.

3 Likes

An hour of farming just now after todayā€™s maintenance: less than 100 of each dawnweave/duskweave (30/30 textile treasures and 15/30 on each of dawneave/duskweave tailoring). Meanwhile, roughly 500ish weavercloth.

Genuinely an awful change considering they havenā€™t touched the spawn rate of mining or herbing nodes in the world which just leaves tailors out high and dry since weā€™re the only ones who can get cloth now.

What even was the point of this nerf?

1 Like

Very anecdotally, I ran City of Threads with followers, and got

• Weavercloth: 27/21/19 (bolts: 5/10/5)
  • Dawnweave: 7/4/4
  • Duskweave: 1/2/3

I could certainly be doing more efficient things (Ara-Kara was much worse, most of the Nerubians there are beasts), but this doesnā€™t seem great.

I definitely got more dawn/dusk today, but even then it felt like I was getting far less cloth than usual. Ran every mythic today, hardly saw any cloth drop. Got a good chunk when it did, but man. I used to get cloth off almost every mob. Granted it was weaver, but Iā€™m cool with that so I can flip it over to enchanting, but hopefully theyā€™re gonna tweak rates. At least weā€™re seeing them drop again.

I am still not getting a significant amount at all. I did a delve and a M0 and I got 4 duskweave. I also went and killed a bunch of humanoids in the world and got 0.
Iā€™m not convinced its fixed at all.

It seems that thereā€™s some kind of cap. The first things you do you get some cloths, then, absolutely no drops. just weavercloth Not as bad as it was but sure horrible

I did wonder if thereā€™s some kind of cap / drop rate limiter, because I feel like whenever I log in and kill a pack of mobs, I get a bunch, and then itā€™s a trickle. But if there is such thing, it must reset quickly, because I feel like I was getting drops throughout most of my City of Threads run recently.

While I am thankful the dusk/dawn weave is now dropping, I personally think itā€™s still too low.
The other thing, and maybe this is a bit selfish, but as far as I can tell, we still havenā€™t gotten any acknowledgement about blizzā€™s intent?
Is this actually a bug thatā€™s slowly getting fixed or is this really how infrequently they want the cloth to drop?

Maybe they can add a firelight ruby bag for purchase from the wax vendor that has specialty cloth??

2 Likes

I did notice that cloth seems to be the only thing you canā€™t buy with the Firelight Rubies, which was kind of weirdā€¦

So 2 Stonevault Follower runs and I got:
45 R1 Weavercloth
61 R2 Weavercloth
33 R3 Weavercloth
22 R1 Dawnweave
18 R2 Dawnweave
10 R1 Weavercloth Bolt
28 R2 Weavercloth Bolt
13 R3 Weavercloth Bolt

1 Like

Thereā€™s also something weird about how sometimes Iā€™ll do an entire dungeon or delve, and not get any of one of the specialty cloths. Low drop rate is one problem. Getting 40 Dawnweaves and 0 Duskweaves seems like a statistical anomaly - and one that seems to happen regularly. Which can make farming annoying (e.g. right now I want to burn my Duskweave cooldown, but Iā€™ve getting nothing but Dawnweaves in the past 40 minutesā€¦)

Oh, and the other weird thing, I think, is that Dawnweave and Duskweave get the rarity trifecta - not only are they inherently rarer, they also unravel into way fewer spools, and you canā€™t loot dawnthread/duskthread like you can weaverthread. Is all of this truly necessary?

6 Likes

I am not expecting to ever hear from them about it.

If it was a bug then they are like ā€œyay we fixed itā€, but they also donā€™t want to admit it was a bug.

If it was a number mash to try and get data on what drop rate to actually implement for the relative price they expected to see on AH, then it was never broken really. Just feels like they donā€™t know what the numbers will do until they try them and adjust from there.

My guess is it was a bug and they arenā€™t ever gonna own it.

1 Like

My personal thought is that they messed up the primary loot table and removed cloth (as only tailors should see it) but also it ended up not doing a profession check to see if it should pick from the profession loot table for tailoring.

2 Likes

I did city of threads follower dungeon yesterday and got cloth drops, I got dawnweave & duskweave.

I did delves, dungeons, and 6/8 of the raid on normal last night and got exactly 1 duskweave.

Why are the rationing it so hard? This makes tailoring unworkable since everything requires such heaping amounts of it.

Regretting going duskweave tailor for spellthread now if theyā€™re going to keep it like this for the rest of the expansion. Will go another profession that easier to level and craft where the mats arenā€™t non-existent.

1 Like

Yes, it seems they have updated this again.

Yeah IDK why they donā€™t just let it flow, we have a cooldown on using it anyway.

Problem is for all the work and literally clearing that whole place not sure if it was exactly worth it. I got a lot of the bolts, think like 6 pieces of dawnweave, and about 10 duskweave but I cleared every add in the place. But itā€™s actually more than Iā€™ve been getting anywhere else.