Dawn/Dusk Cloth doesn't exist

I might be wrong but do you work for Blizz and/or are you a program coder by chance? Things like this can be simple or you can have no idea what happened and where it happened at.
Be patient : )
If there’s one thing I know about managing complex systems, it’s that the last thing you want to do is give false hope.

I use to do programming for awhile. Given that WoW is 20 years old I imagine they are still doing it the same way as they did when the game came out. When you kill a mob, the loot part of the code make a call for the loot table that the mob is tied to. That particular loot table has XYZ things in it.
Although a guess, likely the Quest item, and now profession items are linked to the player and not the mob itself. So when Bob kills X mob, the looting code checks if the player has a Profession flag or a quest flag that the mob has. If yes it calls for the loot file that is associated with those flags on the player and the mob. (Note: there are likely some differences here, as I don’t know the coding they used). These calls are also what causes the loot lag as they bog down the game engine.

All it takes is a simple blue post to at least tell us they’re looking into though. I just want them to acknowledge whether this is intention or not. The silence is the annoying part, to me.

6 Likes

Yea that would be a nice thing from them but unfortunately they probably just straight up don’t have enough staff/resources to make “commenting on blue posts a priority daily/weekly” kinda thing.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable for people to continue voicing disgruntlement as long as they are being civil about it (whether they are is a separate topic…). In the absence if an official acknowledgement of the issue, we don’t actually know whether they are aware of the problem and just haven’t been able to say so, or whether they don’t know about it at all (unlikely as that may be). So continuing the bump this thread has no downsides in the first scenario, and only benefits in the second.

Can you ALL go post in the bug forum?

We have a couple threads, but WE need it to get traction in the bug forum …

2 Likes

Has anyone responded?

I would love to see this addressed. Ridiculous patron orders coupled with non-existent drops / outrageous AH prices make earning KP for tailoring unbearable.

2 Likes

meanwhile 1 spool of duskweave is 400g on ah good job blizz :crazy_face:

1 Like

If this change was made in response to 2x4’s, then the biggest irony here is that as a mostly solo player, I have to rely on 2x4s for duskweave and dawnweave. I simply doesn’t drop for me.

2 Likes

It’s an awful change. Before I could at least keep up with my Dawnweave/Duskweave cooldowns.

1 Like

I’ve seen one dawnweave drop since they made these drop changes… total… that’s including some dungeons, a bunch of delves, a bunch of overworld farming…

This is nonsensically too low considering how many knowledge points there are that revolve around these two mats.

2 Likes

Got first dawnweaves today after 6 days! yay

I’m not convinced it has anything to do with 2x4. 2x4 has been around for a really long time, mostly unmolested unless it affects questlines. My suspicion is that there is an exploit they expected to have fixed by now but havent figured it out.
Otherwise they would have said something with the way they instantly buckled over shatter, which btw has never been available on a day one patch and they hot fixed into the game for some reason breaking decades of tradition.

I can’t recall any expansion where greens were quite as scarce as this one. There are very very few crafted greens even that don’t use dust. Almost no green drops, etc.

The dust economy needed to be tweaked, even if I hate that they did it when they did and didn’t give players a means to recoup any knowledge spent in dust disenchanting lol

1 Like

Dawn/Duskweave cloths are a limited timegated craft as it is, this change was 1000% uneeded. I cant even get enough materials to craft 1 in hours of farming.

And the cherry on top, almost as if wanting to mock us, the NPC craft orders today are for duskweave bags that provide everything except the duskweave cloths lmao

3 Likes

No it didn’t, you could transmute dust without cooldown, and there are green items you can make that cost nearly nothing. The dust didn’t even drop in price, shards just went up.

They did drop in price but not as much as most thought they would. Where as Shards increased dramtically.

1 Like

On my realm the dust price is down 2 gold and I’m sure If i go try to buy them they’re disappearing faster than I can click.

Down about 50G on mine.