Dawn/Dusk Cloth doesn't exist

I did the same and now I’m out of both dawnweave and duskweave.

The worst part is that while the material price is rising, the actual price for the crafted stuff such as R3 embellishments etc is going down so it sucks in more ways than one.

2 Likes

The drop rate feels really bad right now. I haven’t seen a single dusk/dawn weave since the change.

As people have mentioned, it seems like they are make these changes based on “aggressive” cloth farming techniques.
As someone who hopes to casually acquire cloth as I play through the game (delves/dungeons/wqs), it seems like nerf is far too extreme.

4 Likes

I honestly think it is not a nerf just a weird bug. It is impossible for me to think that being fully maxed out on dawn/dusk will yield the ridiculously low amount its dropping right now. I think some coding in the profession yield knowledge points got affected to maybe not register at all when killing certain mobs. That’s my theory anyway.

1 Like

Are you sure? Almost every mob known to drop are humanoid and those are elementals.

I would believe it tbh. Fun fact I definitely have gotten cloth from elementals in this expansion so far. Not an absurd amount but it most definitely drops.

I went to look at some charts on undermine.exchange and I am laughing and crying at how bad things are. Looking at rank 1 Duskweave on Thrall-US (but I expect other servers are similar, if not worse) quantity has dropped 50x (from 500K pre-reset to ~10k now), and price has gone up more than 30x (from 6-7g to 220g per cloth) since the reset. This is insane, this cannot be intentional - this is not a nerf, this is taking the Tailoring profession out of the game.

8 Likes

They defintely did something. Dawnweave went from 12g to 103g for quality 1 and Duskweave went from 18g to 220g in less than a week.

I can’t see it being a bug because they haven’t said anything and it hasn’t been fixed yet.

3 Likes

I didn’t even wait for your reply, I just went to work as it were. Three hours farming every humanoid and elemental in Hallowhell, even with farming groups. Not a single piece or bolt of anything other than weaver since Friday.

3 Likes

Same boat… since the nerf three levels worth of farming humanoids, got enough regular cloth that even though it’s nerfed I’m fine with it, but a total of 8 dawnweave and 4 duskweave… enough for ONE unravel, which usually gives 4 spools… but of course there’s an engineering skill up patron order this week that requires 6 bolts… that ain’t happening.

100% I got a TON of cloth from them. I was just doing a daily there and got Dawnweave as well as bolts and other cloth.

I can get a lot of regular Weave cloth there and managed to get 3 pieces of Dawnweave in 3 hours. So while it’s okay for folks who just need the standard cloth, it’s still fairly worthless for people who need Dawn/Dusk.

2 Likes

So a Blue posted about the storm dust economy. Waiting room for tailoring

4 Likes

I’m going entire 6-8 hour play sessions all over the new zones, in and out of heroics and delves, and not seeing a single duskweave drop.

1 Like

Sshh. It’s probably because they are Elementals and Blizzard forgot to nerf them when they nerfed all the Humanoid drop rates. They might not even know that they drop from them.

Even doing 2x4 farms or 4x8 farms you are getting 5-8 cloth per hour. They didn’t hit it with a nerf bat they absolutely nuked the profession and spending KP and then subsequently getting it nerfed into oblivion is BS. I have spent 60 points in order to farm cloth and they are all useless… Now I can only get knowledge from Crafting Patron Work Orders which are all locked behind recipes I can’t get without getting Knowledge Points to Unlock them… Which I cant get because they are locked behind Patron Work Orders… Which I cant do because they are locked behind knowledge points… which I cant get because… so on and so forth it is absolute garbage

5 Likes

I spent all day on my enchant/tailor yesterday… got 2 dawnweave drops in a delve, none anywhere else (open world, dungeons). I tried the hallowfall spot mentioned above - did not work for me. I got a heap of the usual cloth drops. This has to be broken. A guild mate said they got a number of drops in hallowfall. Not sure what the trick is - like it works at certain times etc.

Yea, this is beyond frustrating. The Dusk/Dawnweave bolts are selling for 600/800G for one and two start but the basic cloth is over 100g for a single piece? Weavercloth is back over 30G+ for the single star and I haven’t found it anywhere reasonable with my tailor that is maxed on finding it.

I haven’t started leveling my tailor alt yet, so I can only judge from online info, but it appears there’s no way to craft the specialty cloths? Only (rare) drops? That feels like absurdly tight supply gating.

Did some delves and world content post weekly reset and clearly still not fixed. Only weavercloth drops **** this game lol

2 Likes

This is completely stupid.

I understand people were getting a ton of cloth, but to nuke the drop rate as they have? Especially after many people have committed to tailoring?

If this is intended and not a bug, I will be livid.

2 Likes