Dawn/Dusk Cloth doesn't exist

I have max cloth drop and it its non-existent right now

1 Like

Same. Hopefully they fix it with Tuesday’s maintenence

Are you farming in 2 x 4’s?

Don’t know what you mean haha :frowning:

You can get certain areas to hyperspawn if you kill mobs fast enough. 2 groups of 4 works best because everyone is able to share the loot.

Yeah but 2x4 has been around for the longest time and turning OFF the loot doesn’t even come close to addressing them in any way shape or form so whatever the reason they turned off cloth drops it’s either bug accident or something unrelated. I remember doing 2x4 to loot grey items, turning off the loot isn’t going to even put a dent in 2x4’s, especially not just one single item.

1 Like

Ah yes, ty for clarification. But I’trying to farm alone. Dungeons, delves, world and nothing drops aswell

hey blizz, any chance of a fix here? i haven’t seen a single dawnweave cloth in days. it doesn’t feel like there’s much point in keeping tailoring if you have to spend hours in 2x4 farm groups to get any.

4 Likes

Instead of nerfing the actual hyper spawns this expansion, they’re just nerfing the actual drops across every form of content. Thanks blizz I guess?

I just wanted to finally make some bigger bags for my guys. :cry:

1 Like

There’s something poetic in Enchanting being busted, only to have its traditional partner, Tailoring, follow suit
 Can’t say I am enjoying professions in TWW.

7 Likes

Yeah I gotta say
feels like a double whammy for sure :frowning:

I understand the need for them to make the 2x4 farms less lucrative–they break the economy (such as it is) and also negatively impact the experience of players just trying to “play through” the areas those farms take place in–but just slapping a nerf on the drop rate across the board is both lazy and harms the solo gatherer/farmer on top of everything. I’m going to assume that the nerf in drop rates to the solo Follower dungeons is an unintended side effect of a blanket nerf drop rate because if I’m lucky I get 2-3 pieces of Duskweave in a couple hours worth of running them now. At this rate I won’t even be able to gather enough to make a single 36-slot bag for myself in several weeks. Completely unacceptable. Hoping for a patch on Tuesday that addresses this for non-group farms.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure. Blizzard has let 2 x 4 farms be a thing since at least BFA. They seem content to use 2 x 4 farms as an excuse to nerf drop rates.

I feel like they just used to nerf the hyperspawns, instead of nerfing the drop rate of the items across every form of content.

And that’s what they did early on in the expansion. Nerf the loot tables of the mobs at the hyperspawn locations.

But as I said. Blizzard seems fine with 2 x 4’s and has made no move to try to discourage them at all.

This sucks, its so noticeable thats how I ended up here. Bad enough people who don’t know how to use the auction house crash the tailoring profit but now I can’t even get cloth to sell. Knew something was off when bag prices doubled for no apparent reason.

4 Likes

Whelp. That’s fantastic. I thought something was off. I’m maxed in every drop/almost maxed in weaving for max quality/drops and noticed I didn’t see a single dawn/dusk drop. It was already pretty rare despite rolling through multiple heroics, but zero had me thinking something was off. Rip those 50-60 points. At least I get better quality bolts I guess.

I just procced 18 Duskweave Bolts, and sold them thinking it’s cool I can get more. Slowly, but I’ll get more, and now I kinda regret it. Was shocked to see them so high priced. Hopefully they hotfix this so we can at least see some drops. Hate to be punished for other people’s actions.

3 Likes

Just a quick response based on what I’ve seen. I wanna say I killed about 20-30 of these Mushroom guys in Hallowfall and had really good luck with weavercloth drops. Even got 5 dawnweave. Might be lucky, might be a solid spot for my fellow solo-farmers. Coords are 60.60 The Aegis Wall just above the S in Tenir’s Ascent. Just in the little bog. Fungalmancers drop the cloth, don’t think the Bog Monsters do. Good luck farming.

Meanwhile it took me 2 hours to level my paladin from 60 to 70, level blacksmithing to 65+ and be able to craft a R5 with three star mats weapon from blacksmithing using some concentration.