Darkmoon Faire Update

Due to a bug, the Darkmoon Faire did not start as expected yesterday.

With a hotfix that we’ve deployed today, the Darkmoon Faire will start next weekend, and will run for its usual full week. This is now reflected accurately in the in-game calendar.

The event should operate as expected in future months.

17 Likes

2 Likes

Isnt a hotfix like… something that goes live right away?

3 Likes

Weird, almost like there was someone who made a forum post asking why DMF wasn’t listed in the Calender anymore. Good thing someone is diligently watching for these problems.

1 Like

They’re probably postponing the start of the event this month to compensate for losing a few days to the bug.

One curious thing though, I see no dates after April…

1 Like

Not necessarily. Hotfixes are applied to a live game and are fixes that they need to scramble to get done, which is why they’re quickly adding it to tomorrow’s maintenance.

1 Like

Or…hear me out…just have the DF run all the time. Expand it, and add to it in patches to give players new mini-games, and activities, and buffs, and fun stuff…all the time! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Or it could be that the people responsible fixing things like this had, say, the entire December 24 - January 2 period off work.

Don’t know about you, but I can wait a week for the Fair.

6 Likes

Not always, but speaking personally, I would prefer to wait until next weekend where we can get our usual full week, instead of starting it now and having 1-2 days less time.

Thank you for the update Kaivax- and thank you to the team for working to get the problem fixed!

1 Like

Thanks for the communication! Delaying a week so that it could run the entire week was the right call.

A bug?

Quit trying to cover for those carney Gnomes that were two hungover to set up and open their freak show.

3 Likes

Was 27 days ago

3 Likes

I am actually somewhat pleased with this.

See, my GPU went belly up New Years Day-- I log into my machine that morning, and it’d doing a remarkable imitation of an electric brick. Right now I’m running on a cheapie card that barely allows me to see email and boards, maybe stream a low-res clip or two. Certainly not play the game-- or any games, unless you can direct me to some that work nicely with an FPS of 2.

Thursday, I’m getting not a new card, but a whole new machine-- I’ve been due for a replacement anyhow-- which will be much improved over what I’ve been running anyway, so I’m happy to wait a week before the Faire, and have a full week’s shot at boosting a few extra alts a bit faster under new graphics, processors, and everything.

Thank you, Blizzard.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update. I was missing riding the Merry-Go-Round and deep fried food.

let me guess, there was unholy alliance with Moonfang and Darkmoon Rabbit and cause chaos within the faire?

Thats great news, but I notice that it is only showing on the calendar up to April. Any reason for that or was the hotfix a bit buggy?

That would be pretty fun to see actually.

Our long national nightmare is over

1 Like

Deposit 1 WoW Token for an additional month of DMF please.

2 Likes

go look at the PTR and tell us what patch version it is

then put two and two together and you can figure out the rest

1 Like