Darkmoon Faire

Y’all. Thank you all for being fantastic folks and providing me with a much needed chuckle while chilling on my work break. It’s such a nice change of pace with people being understanding and just good peoples. Hope that this new year is kind to you all and the faire coaster gives you an extra loop around.

7 Likes

Thanks for checking yesterday. The whole Faire seems to be absent today though we see the arrow pointing to it on the map. (Dalaran server, Goldshire staging ground.)

That’s not surprising, that post was made only 12 hours ago and it’s still Sunday at Blizzard HQ. I wouldn’t reasonably expect to see a fix until sometime in the afternoon on Monday in the Pacific Timezone.

1 Like

Just found myself wondering if TBC Classic DMF is happening. I only started during WoD, so TBC classic DMF would be worth seeing. The WoW Classic DMF was neat to see back when.

Correct, I would expect it to start up at some point today once folks are back in the office. It’s almost 8am PST, so folks should start getting in soon.

I don’t have a more specific time for this fix to happen though.

7 Likes

The NPC was wandering around Org offering the quest to go the other day, so it should be up in TBCC now.

Darkmoon Faire Locations and Schedule

Darkmoon Faire appears each month, rotating among Elwynn Forest just south of Goldshire, Mulgore, southwest of Thunder Bluff, and Terokkar Forest, just south of Shattrath City. The Faire only sets up in one place at a time.

• Arrives on the first Friday of every month and begins setup

• Sets up over the weekend

• Opens on Monday

• Closes the following Sunday

It is now Noon PST Monday Jan 3, 2022 and DMF is still AWOL. Will DMF be extended to offset the the delayed start?

I just received an update on this and it looks like the decision was made to start the event next Sunday (Jan 9th) so that it’ll run the full intended duration. The “fix” they’re working on getting applied to the game today will update the calendar and get the events scheduled that were missing.

Apologies for not having a clearer understanding of the plan for this fix and for setting an incorrect expectation :frowning:

It’ll go back to the “first Sunday of the month” schedule from February onward.

Edit: Actually looks like the hotfix was just applied so the calendar now shows the DMF starting on Jan 9th and then on Feb 6th.

15 Likes

This will be very helpful. Thanks for keeping us informed, Kalviery. And I honestly don’t believe it was your fault the info you gave earlier was wrong, even if you’re willing to fall on your sword for the folks who told you wrong.

3 Likes

Nah, I should know better than to provide definitive dates or times for bug fixes. That’s something we learn early on as Game Masters :laughing:

12 Likes

You have done great! Thank you for keeping us informed.

3 Likes

Whee! I checked my calendar & there it was!! So happy! Thank you so much for keeping us posted, I appreciate you!

1 Like

Hey I’ve noticed that DMF still has not gone live on tbc servers wondering if it’s still bugged on retail as well. The timers say it should have started but it hasn’t

Really wanting to get my blue dragon card on my shaman before raid hopefully it comes up soon

The barkers that will portal you there were in the major cities yesterday for Retail. As of the time of me responding…

It is up and active. Cannot speak on TBCC though.

The NPCs were up last week in Org (in TBCC), so I’m thinking it must be over today. My post above in this thread for TBCC was from 7 days ago. I’m assuming the “first Friday” setup was technically the 31st according to the schedule I posted.

According to this, DMF should have started this weekend.

It started yesterday as it was supposed to with the borked system. I had seen the city barkers up on their pedestals but made a point to go there directly when I snapped that screenshot. Again, speaking on Retail, not TBCC.

This post is specifically about the Darkmoon Faire in Shadowlands. It did not begin on the first Sunday of the month (last week) as expected and so it was bumped to start yesterday.

The Darkmoon Faire ran as expected on TBCC realms last week and so it is not intended to be running at this time.

The “normal” schedule will resume for Shadowlands realms beginning next month. TBCC realms were unaffected by these schedule adjustments.

6 Likes

There was a mistake on the calendar last time of Darkmoon Faire not showing. Now it was repaired. things need to change, They show up monthly on the the first week on Sunday. i see this happen.