Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

Makes sense. If it’s a “add them to forsaken v. Blood Elves” thing then I don’t care as much anymore. Would rather them on blood elves personally but either way they’d be playable.

(I do think arcane torrent does fit dark rangers specifically more though)

3 Likes

I like the idea of fundamentally keeping it what it is, but changing its name to banshees wail if you select a dark ranger skintone.

I know it’s not happening but… Yeah.

4 Likes

I like that idea a lot. I wish they went that route for ARs as sub races initially to be honest. The idea of spell skins is so neat. Like greenfire.

6 Likes

I find Will of the Forsaken suits more than Arcane Torrent, but yeah Cannibalize is weird for them.

3 Likes

Yeah I think cannibalize is neat and enjoy the animation. Also think the idea that a noble looking elf might have an extremely violent side would be cool. But applied very specifically to dark rangers I’m not sure.

2 Likes

I think for dark rangers instead of cannibalize they should have something like essence drain. Something akin to the Blood Elves original mana tap.

3 Likes

Makes sense! I feel like many issues could be solved if we just modified the spell looks rather than effects, I dunno. Instead of needing special racials for every single addition. That’s cool ad all for sure, but I wish they went with sub races & some modified spells rather than the end result in many cases. We could more easily have Dark Rangers & even San’layn, both of two with some tidbits of lore, and boom. Alas.

4 Likes

One of the reasons I have a preference for a model toggle for undead is because blood elves can drown.

It’s a minor thing, but it adds a lot for me.

3 Likes

I misread that for half a second because I was like, “Wait… I thought you didn’t hate blood elves?”

As in ‘CAN DROWN’ in terms of being an insult :rofl:

But yeah that’s fair.

stares at Death Knights hard

4 Likes

Yeah, DKs should get non drowing as a class passive or something.

It also used to annoy me that void elves could drown, back when they were locked to blue skin. Blue skin is so much cooler to me when it means you don’t have to breath.

3 Likes

I’m currently sulking in troll.

…but anyway, it would be very nice to have the red eyes available AT THE VERY LEAST for death knights.

6 Likes

There’s literally a DK NPC in game with red eyes too. Why our DKs can’t have them is beyond me.

5 Likes

Because life is inherently unfair.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Damn straight it is. My life has been nothing but pain for years now. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I still think doing a variation of Direbeast as Black Arrow where you see the arrow being shot and then instead of some random beast, a skeleton raises up and attacks for the duration…that’d be pretty neat.

2 Likes

I made another Dark Ranger/San’layn mockup using one of the new Venthyr cosmetics coming in 9.1. I also used a modified Void Elf hairstyle (the melancholy style with some of the loose strands clipped off and the hair falling behind the shoulder instead of in front to give a bit less wavy look) with this as well. Blizzard really needs to add these options to Blood Elves (or Forsaken if they give them an elf model option). They look so good and I really want them!

Imgur

13 Likes

She’s gorgeous! The venthyr covenant has the some of the best looking cosmetics and that color is especially awesome. Too bad we can’t get the red eyes and undead skin.

4 Likes

Thanks! Here’s another one I did before bed! It’s got a neat look with how the Blood Elf phoenix necklace merges with the choker that’s part of the robe:

Imgur

9 Likes

Should post those in the San’layn thread if you haven’t already.
They’re great.

4 Likes