Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

“Now it shone down on him, in him, through him, and he was forced to shut his eyes against the almost blinding radiance. It warmed at first, then seared, and he winced slightly. He felt—scoured. Emptied, scrubbed clean, then filled again, and he felt the Light swell inside him and then fade away to a tolerable level.”

And he drank it down, in him, through him, and he was forced to shut his eyes against the roasted goodness. It warmed at first, then seared, and he winced slightly. He felt—scoured. Emptied, scrubbed clean, then filled again, and he felt the warmth of the coffee swell inside him and then fade away to a tolerable level.

Yeah, the light makes you feel like a cup of coffee drank quickly first thing in the morning.
I am imbued with coffee…I am the COFFEEFORGED!

I am a Dark Ranger!

1 Like

There is no drinking involved lol.

It’s not the same as the fel blood the orcs drank :stuck_out_tongue:

Not yet. There’s no customization for it, but I assume you mean your transmog which is a really nice Dark Ranger transmog.

2 Likes

I am looking for a Black Bow that has red strings.

1 Like

That would be an awesome bow. But you can’t forget bones/skulls and feathers in the design of such a bow.

1 Like

Maybe just on the hand grip, the rest needs to be smooth.

1 Like

Not sure how you take your coffee but there is definitely drinking involved when i do it. O_o

Hmmm… I don’t drink coffee (I hate it) but there was never a mention light as a drink…

Maybe an ice-pop? The blood elves did suck on that naaru hard in BC :stuck_out_tongue:

Now if we where talking about the fel blood the orcs drank, ho-ho! The way they react it must have high caffeine in it!

1 Like

ooooo kinky!

1 Like

Venthyr!!!

I’d be 100% done with the game if they added Venthyr with no sign of San’layn (…you know. The lore they established in WRATH.) Just my personal opinion on it, though. Sincerely hate them(can’t stress this enough, but again–my personal opinion, I will never put down others for liking them even if I do not). To me, it’d be like if they added night elf dark rangers with no sign of blood elves on Hordeside. Would be something I would never play, as someone who wants them to expand on vampyr curse lore from Azeroth, not Shadowlands.

Not putting down those that want them, by the way. People can want what they want and hate what they hate–this is just me expressing how I feel on the subject matter. Hence my constant assurance that these are just my opinions. I’d simply up and leave if it came to that, which I’m sure many wouldn’t mind.

Hopefully it doesn’t come to that. Still hoping for both Dark ranger and San’layn to be playable through both customization and lore. (Or a separate ‘undead elf’ allied race would be sweet.)

9 Likes

I mean San’layn are just the lich kings rip off of venthyr

San’layn were here far before Venthyr were in the game, regardless of ‘how old a race is’ lorewise. And there’s no connection made to them yet, anyway, lorewise, to the venthyr. I’m allowed to have my opinion :woman_shrugging: I like the vampires they established in Wrath, not this new stuff. Even if they didn’t make Venthyr look ugly as sin (again. Personal opinion. If people disagree, that’s fine, and you’re welcome to it), I’d still not like them.

Going to drop it now entirely, though. Not appropriate for this thread, sorry Balesong. Brought it up because it came up again.

Hoping for Hordeside Dark Rangers, however they want to do it, be it via Night Warrior-like customization + lore or what have you.

5 Likes

The real world is a lie! a prison! only game lore matters! Venthyr are the true San’layn and it is what we shall get!

I think you might be setting yourself up for disoppointment.

I’m ok with this, as long as both HE/NE dark rangers is available to play on the horde.

1 Like

No thank you. They have a nice aesthetic and great voices but they’re not true vampires and they’re extremely unpleasant to look at in the face. They’re not charmingly ugly either. Before anyone mentions trolls, orcs, goblins and forsaken, I don’t see them as ugly.

3 Likes

At this point I am 90% sure this is going to happen. Though I could also see blood elves getting red eyes and undead skin tones to represent undead elves as there is 10 times the amount of undead (high) elves as blood elves lore wise. I don’t know how that compares to the undead human ratio but still high enough to warrant addition in my humble opinion. Though maybe also give pointed ear options to playable forsaken. Though imagine most of you wanting undead elves want the “pretty” ones and you won’t find the decayed look tastefull. I have a friend who RP’s their undead hunter as a undead high elf dark ranger. :woman_shrugging:

Anyways I can’t say for 100% sure what bliz will or won’t do. But I am as sure as I was in 8.0 that Vulpera would become playable that the covenant races will by the end of the expansion. And I was proven right with vulpera.

1 Like

They’re nosferatu!! I love them! They’re so ugly it’s pretty. Kind of like a pug. In my opinion at least. And yeah they don’t drink blood they’re soul vampires (still a type of vampire). But hey maybe they’ll throw in some extra/pretty faces for those of you who are distasteful of them. Honestly they look better than in game humans, and gnomes to me.

2 Likes

What people don’t seem to understand is that it goes beyond the looks (even though personally I hate how Venthyr look too. And people are allowed to have opinions, not meaning to offend people, I know it can be offensive for one person to describe something as ‘ugly’ and not wanting to play, but it is what it is. Some like playing how certain characters look, some do not).

It’s the lore.

That’s all I’ll say on it. Will never like those things. And I hope to the gods that Blizzard doesn’t abandon what they set up in Wrath.

4 Likes