Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

I disagree with the idea of “datk ranger paladins”.

Lore on undead paladins is that being one bares constant non-stop tutoring pain to them. You either are insane to be one (in which case should not be playable) or did not have control of your body while wanting to suicide from the unbearable pain your feeling (again should not be in a pkayabke format)

If dark rangers comes into play, it should either be ar or as firmament customization via model toggle.

We’ll have to agree to disagree here. Customization options are just that. Options. You don’t have to be undead to have red eyes or pale skin. I mean you can RP that you are, but you don’t necessarily have to. Red eyes could just as easily be a side effect of Blood Magic than a sign of undeath.

it’s the same exact case of a Void Elf Holy Priest using High Elf Customization. Heck, with the right talent choice, you can even go into a Holy form.

3 Likes

VE holy priests only exist for game play purposes. They are not gonna deny a whole class for the VE shadow priest aesthetic. However the appearance of dark rangers is attached to their lore, and they are very much undead. Obviously if they release the models for dark rangers it will gave undead features close to death knights.

The only thing I can agree with you is maybe red eyes, but blood elves dabbling in that is a recent thing still and it takes time for the magic effects on the eyes to change.

But what about Lightforged Death Knights? Aren’t they’re basically Undead Paladins?

And a Blood Elf Paladin using red eyes and pale skin customization is still a living Blood Elf for gameplay purposes isn’t it? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

No. As that pale skin would represent undeath, meaning it would be a undead paladin and thus break lore.

not really, lightforged is different then the average paladin, but i do wish they did not include lf death knights.

Player theory is that lightforged death knights light energy leaves the body upon first death, so it does not effect them. But that’s just a theory, a game theory!

I think the best route is as customization for BEs / most effective and most likely.

I have no real qualms with it being a model toggle for Forsaken so long as it’s not green lighting some superfluous desire for a second Thalassian Elf on Alliance for LF.

But if not for BEs than San’layn as an AR would have toggles for the features hopefully all but allowing DR / regular Undead Elf be achieved as well.

The last two being possible routes assuming one of them is implemented I would still want BEs to get a second visual theme though which I feel should be done given VEs… so I guess more of a lean in on Light themes could be rather well for BEs.

4 Likes

What would your thoughts be if they added it as customization to belves, but locked Paladins out of using it?

I doubt they would do that seeing as they are not doing lock-outs for wildhammers, but I would still lean towards it being a forsaken customizations simply because it is their faction. If they do go thus route how ever they would have to make starting characters have forsaken rep levels, as well as a name toggle (though I doubt they would go that far)

1 Like

I forgot to mention earlier as well, the dark ranger NE theme seems to leaning to stay with the forsaken. It would be unfair to simply let the thallasian version be playable but not the NE one.

Also to jest, when ever someone asks for a race that can be paladin have undead themes i see this in my head;

https://img.memecdn.com/unscary-vampire_o_123084.jpg

Make it a questline. Make it short, unlike the Ally Darkshore one, and give DR customization to both Nelves and Belves. Basically just a breadcrumb thing.

4 Likes

The story of the ne dark rangers basically they are too guilt driven to return to the NE’s… also no undead paladins… like ever…

Naturally I love this idea.

I like this idea as well. There’s a datamined questline apparently as well that we still don’t know the rewards for, people keep saying, so that could lead to something like this. I like the whole “Night Warrior” customization idea and hope they do more with it. Gives both customization as a reward and story tidbits which are super neat.

4 Likes

I would make a Horde toon if they did this. I REALLY want this.

Do it for nelves, even though they got NW customization. I’m never not maining alliance.

Do this, add class accessories, and I’ll be golden appearance wise.

4 Likes

Yeah, and I mean it does make sense. If Horde get their Dark Rangers, then I don’t see a problem with Night Elves getting them too. There’s story behind it, and as much as I hate Calia, it’d give night elves the ability to be Dark Rangers.

The argument against that would be this: What about other races?

And the answer is very easy.

They’re focusing on customization on this expansion (Well maybe not focusing, but it’s a selling point, certainly), so they can do many things for other races too in this same vein, I reckon. I can’t think anything off the top of my head right now, but yeah, the more the merrier. It requires work, definitely, but simple stuff with short story seems pretty reasonable for many.

3 Likes

Yeah, Nathanos was a major character, as much as I wanted to gut him and fumble around his ripped body for a bow. Give it to everyone, duck it.

Or Night Elves and Humans for the Alliance and Blood Elves for the Horde as Dark Rangers.

Nelf+human for Ally
Belves+Trolls for horde?

1 Like

If we get belf hair colors and some styles then you can have non void versions of our hair styles deal?

3 Likes