Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

Would prolly have to toss in KT + Zanda as well, since they’re the same species, I reckon.

I want this so badly. There’s also night elf hair styles I would love on my blood elves, but just getting non-void styles of what void elves have would be fine. Even just the styles non void already, like that male half-mohawk thing. But yes, deal if that ever is meant to be.

4 Likes

That, and add both allied race elves to that. Give them undead skins too.

2 Likes

So our list is:
-Blood Elves
-Night Elves
-Humans
-Trolls
-Zanda trolls
-Kul’tiran
-Nightborne
-Void Elves

I mean, it’s a matter of undead skins and red eyes if we’re talking dark rangers (and if we add a variety of undead, fangs + claws for vampyr, :pleading_face:) so I think it’d be pretty neat. I don’t think it’d be too much work on their end, but who knows.

They kinda spontaneously added purple eyes for blood and void elves, so…

It is kind of possible to get this look, although not with a hunter. Make a rogue, get the Tier 2 recolor helmet, and just dress in generic blacks for the rest of it. Super convenient hood+eyes, and the other slots are easy. Also, you can mog your weapons to an heirloom sword, the battleworn thrash blade, to make it sort of accurate to the Seekers in the Undercity.

True, but the customization would render your character able to use that without specific helms or gear, which is what people are going for, and also the story itself too. Being able to have a variety on character is lovely; though class locking might need to be a thing, I’m not sure. Especially for those with access to druids since I don’t think a dark ranger druid is possible. A paladin, however, would be, via:

" When undead use or are healed by the Holy Light, does it cause them any actual damage or harm, or does it only cause them pain (in addition to the intended effects of the spell)?

Channeling the Light in any way, or receiving healing from the Light, only causes pain. Forsaken priests do not disintegrate or explode from channeling the Light for an extended period of time… though they may wish they would."

" Can you please explain how “light” works? The lore states that undead are physically incapable of using the light, much like the Broken, but then we have Forsaken players casting healing spells, and Sir Zeliek in Naxxramas using pseudo-paladin abilities.

Without spoiling too much, we can tell you that wielding the Light is a matter of having willpower or faith in one’s own ability to do it. That’s why there are evil paladins (for example, the Scarlet Crusade and Arthas before he took up Frostmourne). For the undead (and Forsaken), this requires such a great deal of willpower that it is exceedingly rare, especially since it is self-destructive. When undead channel the Light, it feels (to them) as if their entire bodies are being consumed in righteous fire. Forsaken healed by the Light (whether the healer is Forsaken or not) are effectively cauterized by the effect: sure, the wound is healed, but the healing effect is cripplingly painful. Thus, Forsaken priests are beings of unwavering willpower; Forsaken (and death knight) tanks suffer nobly when they have priest and paladin healers in the group; and Sir Zeliek REALLY hates himself."

SOURCE: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev

Meaning any undead using the light would feel exceptionally searing pain, and if they rot(which some undead do not, it depends on hygiene and the undead themselves), their own bodies decaying, however with willpower they can grit and bear through it.

Druids, however, especially night elves, would clash, I reckon. Kul’tiran use a form of ‘death magic’ on that spectrum to shapeshift so they wouldn’t, but Night Elves definitely use life. And two opposing forces in one body explode (void and light), unless very specific to disc priests.

2 Likes

Some of the nelves/Highborne turned into satyrs. Some of those retained druidic abilities, regardless of their corruption. Why would being dead keep you from practicing druidism?

Yeah but fel and life are not on the opposite spectrum:
https://i.redd.it/ccze0t1q95701.png

Life and death, however, are.

The answer to that, though, I would say, is unknown. Personally? I don’t mind if druids had access to the customization, though I know a very many would. Truthfully, we only know that void + light in one body, to an extreme degree, cause an eruption and are incompatible.

I’m going off of the assumption that this applies to all magic classes, so for example if you had an arcane mage suddenly try to also be a warlock at the same time, KABOOM or something.

So, in all actuality, I don’t know, I only know for void and light, and it’s an assumption–likely something they’d consider for customization like this, though, I think.

Edit:But in this same vein there’s also disc priests to consider, who specifically use both void and light, so… I dunno

1 Like

You’re right there. Limit it for druids, pallies, priests (?), DH, and what else?

2 Likes

I dunno, would be suuuuuper nice if Death Knights could pick our eye colors :pleading_face: but if not, they’d be locked out too. ( /cry)

4 Likes

True. They should be like the second in line for this customization, hehe. Let people look like Lady Alistra. Let people make their toons cool.

DO IT BLIZZ

3 Likes

Maybe wishful thinking, but one way or another, I think we are leaving Shadowlands with some vampire flavour!!

3 Likes

When people request dark rangers on a race that can be paladins;

https://i.imgflip.com/2/254pk6.jpg

And here is our wonderful English class

TWILIGHT ISN’T LITERATURE

3 Likes

Especially since Death Knight have none of the bells and whistles Demon Hunters have. :confused:

1 Like

:+1: For playable Dark Rangers. Not an elf fan but I do like the Dark Rangers for some reason.

Also, like I’m sure has been mentioned, just make it similar to the Night Warrior. Have a little quest chain that explains it and gives you the option to make them.

5 Likes

Congratulations to this thread for reaching 1k posts! It’s great seeing all the support for Dark Rangers!

4 Likes

Still supporting :pleading_face: :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Yes! We’ve reach a milestone for this thread. Let’s celebrate! :sparkles:

5 Likes

I’d like to see a plain old mass proliferation of hairstyles across all the races. I’m less concerned about uniqueness among the races/factions than I am about more variety for everyone. But that’s just me.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t take that nonsense seriously. When people bring that up it’s intended to troll and a baseless argument. Everyone knows most that enjoy undead or vampires don’t take that series seriously or like its horrid lore and story.

Not to mention entirely an attempt to disregard actual lore posted and implying that paladins “sparkle” which… They don’t. :roll_eyes:

It’s legit a way of just saying: “I have no valid counterargument so I’m going to post this photo for the lols and troll.”

Examples of undead light users in lore already, because I actually back things up with lore and reasoning:
-https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sir_Zeliek
-https://www.wowhead.com/champion=839/high-inquisitor-whitemane (literally has a paladin spell.)
-https://wow.gamepedia.com/Alonsus_Faol

Yeah, I agree. Plus hair styles of all things really don’t need to be unique.

7 Likes