Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

+1 to OP

I really wanna see those stuff you mentioned yes.

4 Likes

Still supporting this thread and much respect to the OP. I just can’t frequent it as much as it makes me sad these options are not in game as I feel they should be, and I’m hopeful but at the same time less so.

5 Likes

Thank you! I understand the feeling, believe me. I really hope they see the considerable amount of people asking for these and put them in.

7 Likes

I was thinking about Dark Ranger stuff earlier, and I got this thought. “The Dark Ranger’s Pupil”. The quest is about a dark ranger trainee, right? But “Pupil” is also part of your eye, right?
They do those wordplay games with quest titles all the time. So I think the red dark ranger eyes will get locked behind this quest, and not be available right away like they are on the PTR (well, they were there for undead on the PTR). Just a feeling.
I have confidence that there will be more than just the eyes coming, and that they have something good planned.

Let phantom arrows fly!

3 Likes

Velonara should just be the new leader of the Dark Rangers. And Forsaken are already being lead by Lilith for now. They don’t really need Sylvanas. Sylvie has her own stuff going on with trying to break the prison engine and all that anyway.

6 Likes

Well, however you put it, it does not matter. It’s all an excuse now, a measly justification to appease the pathetic Horde players. BFA sucked because conceptually it was a bad idea. I stand by my original statement, no customization for Dark Rangers, it is a dumb idea. You got the toy be happy with it.

On the other hand, my subscription is up in 2021and I doubt Shadowlands will keep my attention by all the reviews. So Blizz can incorporate fuzzy bunnies with ray guns from the future to try to appeal to whatever demographic they are going after.

It’s just a customization thread, Karen.

In the end nothing you or anyone here posts has any bearing on what Blizz does.

Not sad to see someone so rude leave tbvh. Enjoy your vacation. You seem to need it.

7 Likes

Awww… did I hurt your feelings? You probably should be on your void elf when you post.

Don’t have feelings or a Void Elf.

Nah, I want the real deal.

Either a toggle for Forsaken, customization for belf or hell an AR all its own.

Sorry you don’t find joy in wow and feel the need to get others down but that’s not my problem.

So I’ll keep asking for what I want to see.

9 Likes

The toy isn’t even a viable facsimile since it has a long cooldown and breaks in combat. Nope. We all want the real deal, the customization to be Dark Rangers permanently. We’re going to keep asking for the customization we want because Shadowlands is an expansion pack which advertises new customization as a selling point. We have that right. You have yours.

Nothing we’re asking for harms anyone. Nothing we’re asking for breaks lore and the precedence for the customization exists in game currently and in the lore. In fact, Dark Rangers are from WCIII, the RTS game from which most of WoW is based. They’ve been a part of the Horde since vanilla and like it or not, Dark Rangers are still part of the Horde after Sylvanas’ betrayal.

Therefore, asking for these customization options makes sense and is reasonable. We’re not asking for anything outlandish. Everyone else is asking for customizations that should be in game just like we are. I’m sorry our requests bothers you so badly as it must to elicit such a venomous response.

Thanks for bumping the thread, I’m going to keep asking for what we want. Kay? Bye now.

9 Likes

BS. I think that NE players would enjoy the dark ranger as well, considering their place in the WC3 meta, and now the BFA lore. (As much as I think the forsaken should have them for themselves).

Okay… I don’t think anyone is going to fight you too hard on this, but…

Yeah… no. The toy sucks.

What is hell does this even mean? Dark Ranger is an OG Warcraft 3 thing, like Brewmaster, and Beastmaster- which have their specs represented in wow. They are appealing to the “Warcraft fan” demographic. Doesn’t seem to bad thing to do for a Warcraft game. IDK, maybe that’s crazy.

8 Likes

Ok, ok… so the snide sarcasm doesn’t seem to be working. Since you evoked the WC3 I’ll be rational for a moment, because IMHO forums is nonsensical whining that sometimes gets attention. It ruins the original game by adding really bad elements to hopefully appease customers since they have run out of good ideas. That is more snide sarcasm, they do have a lot of good ideas, but they add such bad ones too.

I would hold out for the Hero Class Ranger to be possible with Dark Ranger, Ranger High Lord, and perhaps Warden as part of this overall class concept. Mail-wearing, melee-ranged class without a pet dual wielding that can tank, I am sure they can flesh it out more. I know it is extremely unlikely, but also think it would be cheap to give ‘anyone’ this customization. It would be a harsh reminder if they did that you will NEVER get this class. You would see a mage with the ‘customization’ running by somewhere, or half of Orgrimmar with the look, or Dark Rangers wandering Stormwind. Oh, and it is possible to transmog a very very similar look onto a Blood Elf now a the Wanka Elf too. Yes, more snide sarcasm because I feel that Void elves are dumb and do not make much sense at all. That they are something to make Alliance like being Alliance since Blood Elf model is the most popular race in wow. That human beings that play this game prefer that look more that anything else. Void elves are yet another cheap way to satisfy the subscribers, and are an annoying reminder of how Blizz yields its principles to make a buck. Watch someone complain that I said that too.

Now, I will go back to being the tantrum throwing, rude and snotty, Blood Elf demon hunter that cracks snide comments, that sometimes I think are really funny AF, but apparently ‘offends’ the gentler too serious-for-school crowd (no you Mellow), because the retracted one of my funnier quips. And it is NOT the First Time either! Yelling Aloud Learn to block me if you don’t like what I say! Comedy is Dead! Metamorphisis on Cool Down …pouts. bigots. They are not prepared.

This kind of runs into the same Void Elf / High Elf Problem of mismatching hair colors. If you’re playing a Dark Ranger with Blonde hair or a Void Elf with Blonde hair…

Do they limit hair color options by that skin tone?

Probably a big customization debate on the other side if they’re contemplating Dark Rangers…

In which case, Dark Rangers, Like High Elves would be a better Allied Race. But they’ve already gone too far down the customization path. So then what do you do?

Another problem is that people not inside of the Blood Elf / High Elf bubble might just think they’ve given the Horde an Allied Race here.

4 Likes

Kind of a Death Knight shade though isn’t it?

Her hair style isn’t working in the Wowhead model viewer for some reason, but you can clearly see without the Northrend lighting that she’s blonde.

1 Like

I mean, this dirty blonde just works. I feel like a lot of the more vibrant tones might be a little odd.

Not that Death Knight hair tones aren’t vibrant. They’re like, “How about Neon Pink?”

I wouldn’t want limitations. If Blood Elf Warlocks can have golden eyes, then I say let people use the options as they like. If you want to be a blonde San’layn type character with red eyes and dead pale skin, more power to ya IMO.

7 Likes

It wouldn’t make sense to to restrict hair colors to one skin. Most Dark Rangers would have the same hair color they had in life. Dying doesn’t automatically change your hair color. Yes, their hair color can change due to the corruptive magics use in reanimation, but Sylvanas’ didn’t. She’s blonde like she was in life.

5 Likes