Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

Do keep in mind that, with only a one exception (Void Elf female face #5), Void Elf male and female faces 1 through 8 are duplicates of Blood Elf male and female faces 1-8 but using their blue/gray skin tones.

Void Elf female face #5 has no equivalent on the Blood Elf side (which is a shame because it’s my favorite and I’d like to see Blood Elves get it too)

Faces that Void Elves are getting that aren’t just duplicates are Blood Elf faces 9 and 10 for males (faces 17 and 18 for Void Elf males), and Blood Elf faces 5, 9, and 10 for females (faces 13, 17, and 18 for Void Elf females)

So in actuality, Void Elf males are getting 2 new face options that can only be used when using the new skin tones, and Void Elf females are getting 3 new face options that can only be used when using the new skin tones.

I feel that Blood Elves should get the unique Void Elf female face #5. It’s very pretty and I see nothing wrong with Void Elves sharing some of their stuff with Blood Elves where possible.

I saw this on MMO champion that gives a comparison of the female faces I mentioned:

https://i.imgur.com/u7hpjiT.jpg

Those glossy full lips from Void Elf female face #5 would look nice on female Darkfallen themed Blood Elf imo.

4 Likes

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter when we get Dark Ranger options in Shadowlands, it only matters that we get them at all. I’ve asked for Dark Rangers long before this, but I was basically ignored, trolled or people screamed “No more Elves” at me.

8 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately that happens around here.

Don’t worry about the people trying to police what other people want to play.

2 Likes

I for one hope that the datamined Velonara quest does indeed end up unlocking the Darkfallen options for Blood Elves. I get that there might be some who are feeling “elf fatigue” but asking for these as customization options isn’t adding any more elves to the game and you shouldn’t be trolled for asking for them.

7 Likes

I try not to but sometimes it’s hard and I clap back which is a bad idea.

I hope so too because I wanted these customizations for Blood Elves (or a model toggle for Forsaken) more than any of the current Blood Elf customization. I wished the “No more Elves” group would see it the way you do and improve upon their reading comprehension.

8 Likes

It’s fine. At the end of the day we’re on the WoW forums.

Nothing we do here other than make requests that Devs potentially listen to honestly matters.

But I understand your frustration. I always requested High Elves, but when Void Elves were implemented I argued hard for High Elves for years… and we got half of what we wanted.

But at the end of the day, what matters is that we got half of what we wanted… and we request the hair colors still.

3 Likes

I honestly hope you guys get Blood Elf hair colors along with the the skintones on Void elves. I don’t think it would hurt anything being that they almost exactly like Blood Elves anyway. I get confused between the two sometimes. It’d be nice to have racial skins for those who just want to play High Elves

5 Likes

Female Nightborne are practically indistinguishable from a distance too. Trying to spot that ear flip in PVP… But Panda’s all look the same too. I’m always blowing up the color of peoples names in PVP. Outside of PVP it’s a non-issue.

2 Likes

Probably an unpopular opinion, but with High Elves joining both Blood and Void Elves, I believe that Void Elves should have access to any hair color or hairstyle seen on the ingame High Elves. I’d say Blood Elves should have them as well, but we already have them.

That being said, come on Blizz just answer the question about the questline.

3 Likes

I really hope the questline ties into unlocking Dark Rangers too like the Night Warrior. This would not only get us the dark Ranger aesthetic, but would greatly increase the potential for other customization options in the future.

6 Likes

forsaken dark ranger
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfV9vRUVoAMcwwG?format=png&name=small

And what quest line is that again? I remember something being mentioned but I don’t recall the details, I’m hopeful anyways.

This quest here. It involves Velonara training new Dark Rangers I believe.

5 Likes

Well I’m very excited to see that indeed, and long overdue if it’s the case but I’ll be happy of course.

2 Likes

Definitely, the only thing that gives me pause though is that it seems the quest for Hunters and that if the skins are tied to said quest that they could also be hunters only.

1 Like

Fully support Dark Ranger options being added for Blood Elves! Definitely not forsaken, in my opinion. Hoping there indeed is a ‘Night Warrior’-like questline for you guys coming up, it would make sense(the linked one). Perhaps we’ll know soon? Likely not until the expansion drop if it’s a Shadowlands quest though.

8 Likes

We want dark rangers. Clap clap clap clap clap

5 Likes

I definitely prefer them for Blood Elves myself.

That’s not to say I oppose them for Forsaken, but as this route may be more sound lorewise according to some, it’s less likely on a logistical level and their options would be more skewered than with Blood Elves. That and having San’layn and Dark Rangers on the same race/model would make for more Undead customization combinations that if we were to split them up for reasons.

All this being said, I’d be in favor of giving Forsaken the options for Elven ears and eyebrows along with Paladins to square things off if necessary.

3 Likes

Technically all the original dark rangers are belfs but Slyvanas and nathanos did train a new generation of dark ranger forsaken, with the more withered opting for crossbows instead of bows to save on their bones getting brittle.

So let’s make it either both for us and forsaken or give forsaken an undead belf option for a dark ranger customization

2 Likes