Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

The eyes are friggin gorgeous… why not just make them available to players?

6 Likes

Literally just need to flip a switch and done.

6 Likes

So I posted how much I live for this look in the other thread this was posted in, but I also came to make another suggestion and request for the Undead/San’layn look, which would be both Black Forsaken tears as well as red tears and black eyes for a truly unsettling, yet fitting San’layn look.

5 Likes

Well why can’t I make my night elf look like a tauren, then? The models and textures already exist.

The garrison isn’t what made WoD terrible. It was a bad idea, to be sure, but it wasn’t what made it terrible. Credit for that goes to the godawful story and the technical issues involved in having the entire player base in separate zones at launch.

How in your mind is that the same thing?

5 Likes

I’m not saying the garrison is what made WoD terrible. I’m saying the garrison caused massive content losses to the expansion. It’s never been outright confirmed, but it’s heavily speculated and it’s been hinted at by Blizzard.

2 Likes

Each model has its own UV layout. UV being another term for 2D XY coordinates.

Basically the mesh of each model is cut into a bunch of pieces and unfolded onto a 2d surface that artists then paint with texture using programs like Substance Painter.

Since the Dark Rangers are using the Blood Elf rig, the textures are already laid out in a way that works with the Blood Elf rig.

This is 3D art 101 by the way.

7 Likes

How absurd.

3 Likes

I agree, it is an absurd argument against Dark Rangers. Thank you for clarifying how UV mapping and textures work for our detractors. When I get time later, I’m going to edit the OP with everyone’s suggestions and arguments for, including this explanation.

5 Likes

Still waiting for updates on this request for Blood Elves, I let my sub lapse for a bit so I haven’t been able to vocally support for a bit but, I am anticipating the Shadowlands announcements that will come from their little thing their putting together and I hope BE customizations will be something we all hear about, and that our second visual theme will be here at long last!

5 Likes

Some hope, perhaps?

5 Likes

Soon…

10 Likes

This is very exciting in terms of our DR theme request for BEs!!!

4 Likes

I say… If we can’t have San’layn, give us Dark Ranger options!

5 Likes

Dark Rangering Intensifies.

5 Likes

Maybe we can get both! If customizations are ongoing, how cool would it be to see lore connected to making more San’layn in SL, and having the claws and fangs added to the customization options that we already have undead skins and red eyes for furthering player agency, and or just flat out could implement the AR too with SL lore added. Either way I think a strong case can be made for both!

9 Likes

Hoping you guys get some good news tomorrow, you never know! And yeah for sure,

10 Likes

I’ll look forward to seeing all the dark rangers posting on this thread or another one in the future. <3

4 Likes

Whelp back to waiting around.

4 Likes