Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

Sure but the model is already available on the Blood Elf, probably a lot more work to make it a Forsaken toggle.

And everyone starts in the same place now anyhow.

7 Likes

Grandma wants her red eyes.

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/dSqoo6K.png

Dropping this on here as it feels apropos. Unlocking DK skins from DK’s and giving them red eyes as an option, as well as just using golden eyes, might be the easiest way of implementing Undead Elf and Dark Ranger fantasy. The DK skin colors already have multiple faces and are 3 skin tones, unlike the DR NPC skin which is one color with one face.

I mean would love that one too with new faces, but this one just feels more efficient in terms of assets.

4 Likes

ah. this just reminds me of how awful the dark ranger apperance toy is.

Breaks through a wall!

Hahahahhaaaaa! Farts.

(Sorry for the vague harassment. Let me know if you want me to stop.)

2 Likes

Sure, why not. It’s not like you’ll be able to tell a difference once you’re wearing armor anyway, so let’s spend dev resources on this.

More like 2%.

Do you have eyes sir? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just ignore them. I expected people with dismissive attitudes and rude behavior. If they don’t agree with what we’re asking for that’s fine, but if our right to exercise our desire to have DR bothers them so much then they can avoid this thread.

11 Likes

It would likely take less than five minutes to add the texture numbers to the list.

6 Likes

That is correct. I saw a post from a programmer or dataminer that said the most it would take is a few seconds to change the numbers. The only thing that needs to be fixed with the DR skins is that they have only one face and no undies.

2 Likes

I would like to have Dark Ranger options, if San’layn aren’t going to be an option.

6 Likes

I kind of hope, probably foolishly, that we will get the best of both worlds. :smiley: Thanks for the support.

5 Likes

Literally less than 5% effort would take for this. It already exists.

5 Likes

This. It’s not really asking for that much.

8 Likes

Yeah, actually, you’re right. Taking pre-existing underwear assets and applying them to a pre-existing skin tone and then enabling that pre-existing skin tone with the newly applied pre-existing underwear and enabling one pre-existing eye color for player use would take a ton of dev resources and cause massive content losses to Shadowlands like the garrison did for WoD, and it clearly would only barely please anyone who wants it, not like it’d go a long way for most who do want it. That would take tons of dev resources, after all,

I know I’m late to responding to this and sort of beating a dead horse but I don’t care. When I see nonsense that irritates me, I disspell nonsense.

9 Likes

Wow, I’ve just witnessed a verbal homicide. I’m in awe.

4 Likes

+1 support. I don’t see why not.

7 Likes

Something like this would be neat. Credit to Somand.

8 Likes

Based on me, Somand did good work.

5 Likes