Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

With a section of them deciding to be loyal to the Horde, pretty much all the lore citation one needs.

4 Likes

Grandma still needs red eyes.

2 Likes

I hope Grandma can one day sport those dashing red eyes.

3 Likes

If they add makeup to Blood Elves like they did Humans then it’s possible they can do Dark Ranger Tears as a Makeup option.

6 Likes

I would like that very much, I’m still unhappy about not seeing this yet, it feels like Blood Elves have been overlooked :pensive:

4 Likes

Just throw it under tattoos

2 Likes

I’m of the opinion that Blood Elves should get runic tattoos like this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETRWQkaWoAkd8gf.jpg

That glow and match all the different eye colors. So you have Fel/Arcane/Light/Faded Tattoo options.

And of course Red for Dark Ranger/San’layn Death/Blood magic.

That wouldn’t work for Tear Marks.

Another option would be to put the Tear Marks under Scars since it seems they are adding a scar option to every race.

5 Likes

Unless they stand out from a significant distance, I’d much prefer Farstrider Tattoos over Runic tattoos.

Tear Marks could be put under the Tattoo category as visually they are similar to the Eye tattoos Nelf currently have.

3 Likes

Glowing tattoos would stand out more by default. And I am including full body ones.

(And Farstriders don’t have tattoos. <.<)

Then they would be color locked to black or faded and you couldn’t have tattoos and tear marks.

If it was a makeup or scar option you could have both.

1 Like

Doesn’t need to be glowing tattoos but needs to be more visible at a distance than that art depicts.

Sure they do.

If they are depicted in Sylvanas style tear markings they would pretty much pass for tattoos. Putting them as Scars would lock you out of normal looking scars when they could simply pass as Tats.

3 Likes

That’s what different colors and full body ones are for.

They literally don’t.

But they are literally tears burned into their faces.

And making them tattoos locks them out of full body tattoos.

1 Like

Sure. But I’m merely voicing a concern.

They sure do.

Who is to say they couldn’t make body tattoos to go with it? Not everything needs to be so restrictive, Drede.

3 Likes

There’s no reason these would be less visible.

Because they would be different selections on the same menu. Like not being able to pick two different haircuts.

And full body tear marks wouldn’t work.

If they where Makeup or Scares they could select them both.

2 Likes

But Dark themed full body tattoos would which was my point. They could have normal ranger tats and body tats but when the tear mark option is selected the body tats would be changed to be reflective of the tear mark option. And no, I’m not saying tear marks on the body, I’m saying dark themed body tats.

3 Likes

Then people wouldn’t be able to use the other options with Tear Marks.

If they are a Scar or Makeup you can use any option with them.

And they literally are a Scar. They are Tears burned into their faces on death. So it fits thematically.

3 Likes

But you’d be locked out of using normal looking scars.

It works better as a tattoo because in game visually it’s always looked like a Eye tattoo more than a scar.

3 Likes

I would have the tears as makeup, personally. Sylvanas may have had the tears seared into her skin but the rest of the Forsaken have been known to emulate this look on special occasions.

Black and perhaps blue/purple would represent the Dark Rangers/Forsaken well and a red option would be great to represent San’layn.

There also seems to be a lot of slots potentially available per character, so I don’t think it matters much where the tears go, but again I think they’d be under makeup rather than tattoos or scars. Then again facial tattoos can also be an option, one baseline Sin’dorei would be able to utilize as well for runic tattoos.

4 Likes

adding my support for dark ranger customizations for blood elves. particularly the glowy red eyes version.

7 Likes

Tears are nice but I’d be happy just with eyes.

1 Like

Just here to reiterate my support for these options for Blood Elves.