Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

I’d totally be down for this being a customization option like the Night Warrior stuff the Night Elves got. We can even give it a groovy questline/scenario in the Ghostlands.

1 Like

Hoping for you guys to get Dark Rangers as well! I know there’s plenty of fans of the idea and a little questline or flavor text in addition would be pretty neat indeed. I know I said before ‘hunters only might be an issue’ but we did see many night elves being risen into rangers regardless of class, so there’s that!

Wonder if they’d add such a customization in for both Blood Elves and Night Elves. I know on twitter a dev said ‘no’ for the night elf DR return to the alliance. But I also know if we got both NE and BE Dark rangers on the Horde, there would be outcry. So who knows! Could have some straggling night elf DR on Alliance along with (at the same time or after certainly) blood elf DR.

Also I think different voice line selections if that’s ever a thing would be super neat.

8 Likes

I actually wouldn’t have an issue with undead night elves on the Horde. I mean, I get why people would, I just personally wouldn’t care. On the flip side, if the Darkfallen aesthetics were added to Blood Elves (Horde) and Night Elves (Alliance), I think that would be cool too.

3 Likes

Thats a bit what I am thinking too, and the player agency to choose basically, a lot like Golden Eyes, I feel like I want to say it would just be Blizzard letting the character make the choice.

I love this and I am rooting for it!

3 Likes

I would. I don’t wish to acknowledge anything associated with Calia, thanks.

Fair enough. I did mention I understand why some people do have an issue with it.

I support more undead/forsaken customizations to bring more undead races into the fold, More or less i basically just support more customization across the board and this falls perfectly in line with that, so bring it on I say.

And if you add it to Forsaken you can make clear that it is more a state of mind at this point, then simply just Lordaeron humans. Cause with how many forsaken have been newly raised at this point, I bet they are a lot more widespread than that.

Friendly reminder that all the Dark Ranger options already exist and just have to be flagged for player use.

5 Likes

Exactly! It’s not really that hard or time consuming.

2 Likes

I would also like to see de-tentacled versions of Void Elf hairstyles made available to Blood Elves. Coupled with Darkfallen skin textures and red eyes, such hairstyles lend themselves well to a gothic undead theme.

5 Likes

Same here, but I’ll add that I think the half-shaved look the new night elf hairstyle has would be great too.

3 Likes

Agreed! More proliferation from everyone to everyone!

3 Likes

Hopefully with the combined promise of player agency, working on long requested asks for customizations (idk about everyone but I’ve wanted Dark Ranger in some form since Silverpine and Hillsbrad Cata revamp) as well as the citation of Dark Rangers staying behind for the Horde, I’m hoping it will be relatively easy and hopefully they are working on it :confused: as Void Elves have two themes, and I sincerely hope they notice the unequal situation this is and rectify it with the Dark Ranger themes being a second theme for Blood Elf players to customize as!

11 Likes

Agreed. I want more variety for everyone, not just Void Elves. I want everyone to be able to make the character they want to play or darn close to it!

6 Likes

I would like red eyes for one of my hunters.

3 Likes

I’d love Red-Eyes on my warrior like the picture I posted earlier in this thread.

1 Like

Me too! I’m working on collecting more transmogs to use to create Dark Ranger outfits. <3 I had no idea I was so far behind on collecting. :smiley: I’d like your post but I gave away all of my likes for today. I’ve also started a rogue that I imagine as a dark ranger.

I’ve been thinking about hairstyles that would go well with Dark Ranger eyes and skin. The newer night elf hairstyles would be perfect as well as some de-tentacled void elf hair. I’d also like to see damaged ears and scars to go along them. Not to mention those tear markings I so covet.

2 Likes

Well my dark ranger defected and just wears typical belf ranger gear.

1 Like

To those saying it’s unlikely the Dark Rangers would be welcomed back as part of the Blood Elves.

1. Blood Elves have close ties with the Forsaken. And have Death Knights.
  2. We have several Unlikely Player Class/Race combos already.
  3. We literally have a player class who’s ingame experience includes getting rotten fruit thrown at them and spit on. (Death Knights) They don’t need to be widely excepted.
6 Likes

Don’t forget the in game citation of the Dark Rangers who stay! I feel like this will be a big one for the future of our request to be implemented.

4 Likes