Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

So that small piece of the Lament of the Highborne music that was datamined seems to be related to an easter egg found in 9.2.5 that doesn’t seem to have anything to do with Darkfallen.

There is a small video showing this off in the following Twitter link:

Bit of a shame, but it isn’t really a death blow to the playable Darkfallen rumor. A new intro with its own music could always be created, assuming we’re getting any new playable races in 9.2.5.

Will continue to keep an eye out for anything of interest to report. :bow_and_arrow:

6 Likes

Said this in the San’layn thread but it also doesn’t rule out customizations.

5 Likes

Here’s something I’ve found:

There’s 5 Dark Ranger armor icons in the ItemAppearance table (viewable via wow.tools) that were added in 9.2.5. The icons are the same as the “Dark Ranger set” that the NPCs in Darkshore wear.

They have a PlayerConditionID of 34863 - which is linked to hunter (via class mask 0x4). Interestingly, the only other items in this table with a PlayerConditionID are the ones that require covenants.

Only 1 of the 5 have an actual texture file linked to it, and it’s the hood from Darkshore DRs.

It’s possible that we’ll be getting the full set. Assuming the appearance is unchanged, it’s rather lackluster given it’s just a recolor of a… WoD? set I wanna say.

It wouldnt be unusual though, given the Blood Elf Blood Knight armor reward in 9.2.5 is stuff thats been in the game awhile.

An update on this: Other, more experienced people have looked at this and found the PlayerConditionID is also used for the other toys. So it’s possible this is some updates to the dark ranger toy, rather than the armor set. But it’s just a possibility, since we have so little to go off of.

8 Likes

Apparently, Delaryn Summermoon, a Night Elf Dark Ranger, was updated to have red eyes:

Not really sure what to think, though I do admit, it looks kinda cool. Granted, Night Elf Dark Rangers are rather iffy with their implementation, but we may see what happens with them in the near future.

Will continue to keep an eye out for anything else of interest to report! :bow_and_arrow:

7 Likes

theory/idea:

so an undead faction, composed of dks, nathanos-like humans, forsaken, dark rangers and san’layn. dark rangers can be belfs, nelfs, dwarfs or forsaken. san’layn can be any horde race . dks have a choice to remain horde/alliance or join the undead faction. home is a decontaminated gilneas.

/end theory/idea

2 Likes

Still holding out hope.

5 Likes

lol I posted the new textures for Delaryn and Kitala above.

She’s always had red eyes, except it was a really cheap glow effect. It’s been brought in line with the rest of the Kaldorei Dark Rangers. But the fact it was updated at all is significant.

Example of what I mean, here is a regular, generic Kaldorei DR NPC:
https://i.imgur.com/kEFtoOi.png

6 Likes

It is interesting to see the model updated. Really hope it leads to something good that Dark Ranger and San’layn fans would both be happy with.

Do you mean a decontaminated Undercity? I don’t recall Gilneas being blighted and I don’t think it would help smooth relations between Genn to squat on the Gilnean property. I imagine getting Undercity cleaned up and habitable again would be preferred for the Forsaken and other types of undead joining them. :smiley:

Will continue to keep my eyes peeled for anything of interest to report. :bow_and_arrow:

5 Likes

precisely, thats kinda the idea. but i could also see undercity. i just thought the creepy dark alleys of old english architecture in gilneas would fit the undead vibe too, particularly san’layn (who would be popular).

p.s. it would effectively draw people away from both factions and alliance is in no shape to lose more players, but i dont think anything can stop the alliance’s demise now, short of making the game completely unfair to horde.

1 Like

Wowhead has made an article about a recent 9.2.5 build being a release candidate:

Furthermore, it was mentioned on Twitter that some of the encrypted files could be related to the Preorder incentive for Dragonflight:

I’m hoping we’ll get an announcement of 9.2.5’s features and Dragonflight’s preorder bonuses soon. I’m going to once again temper expectations, but will hope for the best.

Will continue to keep an eye out for more things of interest to report! :bow_and_arrow:

9 Likes

A couple of voicelines were datamined about Genn Greymane talking briefly about sending Alliance players on that questline in Tirisfal Glades. Nothing ground breaking about it, but worth noting:

Seems odd that we’ve only seen tidbits of the Alliance version but nothing at all about the Horde version. Seems rather suspicious to me…

Will continue to keep an eye out and report anything else of interest! :bow_and_arrow:

6 Likes

Patch 9.2.5 was announced to release May 31st:

Wowhead has a couple of other related links with more info:

Nothing really mentioned regarding new playable races. I’m wondering if that could be tied to Dragonflight preorders as rumored, so it doesn’t quite kill said rumors at the moment. Looks like we have more waiting to do until we see if something comes from it or not.

Also, if someone could make a post in here so I can continue to post news, it would be appreciated. I can only post three times in a row in a topic I didn’t create. Thank you!

Will keep an eye out for more info to report! :bow_and_arrow:

4 Likes

All those options would be amazing!

1 Like

A post on the Community Council was made to bring up the different race request megathreads on the forums. A list of race request megathreads was given to them in the Furbolg megathread, so more megathread threads should be getting added to the list in the near future.

I realize this megathread primarily supports Dark Rangers as a customization option, but with the rumors of playable Darkfallen being possible for Dragonflight preorders or potentially in the future, I feel that it is still important to share this post here, as it can only help to see Dark Rangers playable in some fashion.

You can see the post here:

You can also give the post a like even if you’re not part of the Community Council.

I’d like to ask this post be spread around to others so we can all support it as best as we can. No guarantees we’ll see all our dreams come true, but having something on there helps increases our chances, in my opinion! :bow_and_arrow:

7 Likes

So 9.2.5 is coming out tomorrow! I wanted to post a few things to help give people some ideas of what to look for to report findings back here.

A few things to preface this post:

First, we may not see anything involving playable races of any sort tomorrow. If this is the case, we still have the Dragonflight preorders to look at when they’re available. If preorders don’t have any new playable races or it isn’t Darkfallen, it doesn’t mean we’d never see playable Darkfallen at all. We’ll just keep supporting them as usual in that case.

Second is to set expectations low and focus on just reporting stuff. I admit I’ve gotten excited from before, but as we get closer to 9.2.5 coming out, I’ve been lowering expectations more and more. Moreso when seeing MrGM on twitter mention how he isn’t expecting any new races tomorrow. And as I said, IF we do get any new playable races of any sort, it could be tied to Dragonflight preorders.

Third is that maintenance is currently scheduled from 7 AM to 3 PM Pacific. This assumes we don’t see extended maintenance, extended extended maintenance, or the rare and dreaded extended extended extended maintenance. So it may be late in the day before we’re able to check anything out.

Let us now consider what things to look at.

-The Splash Screen-

As you know, 9.2.5’s splash screen has been encrypted, which is a first for datamining and very suspicious. Soon as we log in, we should be seeing a splash screen and can see what all is involved with it.

I assume there would only ever be the one splash screen. If there was another one, it might be when Dragonflight preorders come out. Regardless, this will be the first thing to report on.

-Tirisfal Glades and Calia-

As you may know, there is something going on in Tirisfal Glades that we barely know anything about. All that we know is a few tidbits from the Alliance questline of it and nothing at all on the Horde side of it.

The first thing to see is if this questline is live or not. It wasn’t mentioned when 9.2.5’s features were announced, which is odd. It seems like it begins in Oribos, so that would be a good thing to check.

Assuming the questline is in, then we go through it and report our findings here of what exactly it is. Again, please keep expectations low.

If it isn’t live, then it’ll cause suspicion and assuming the events mentioned to be occurring during 9.2.5 aren’t staggered to go off every week or so (no confirmation on this at all), will be something to discuss.

This is likely one of the biggest things to report on, regardless of what it could lead to. It’ll be one of the main things to focus on.

-Blood Elf Questline-

This is a lesser one, since we’ve covered the majority of it, but worth mentioning just in case.

A new questline for Blood Elves that gives some heritage rewards will be available tomorrow. In order to do the quests, you need the following:

-Be a Blood Elf
-Be level 60
-Be exalted with Silvermoon
-Optional: Be a Paladin to get an armor transmog

As far as I know, being a Paladin opens up an extra quest that gives you an armor transmog. I don’t think it’s part of its own questline and I’m not sure if Blood Elf Paladins get extra dialogue or anything during this questline as a whole, but I still wanted to mention it.

Of interest is that San’layn, who is stated to be acting on his own. There are no other San’layn involved, and this questline is where San’layn are classified as being part of the Darkfallen as opposed to making up the entire group.

We’ve covered this questline before, including where I went through the entire questline and pasted dialogue of interest to commentate on it. If you’re like to see that post, you may see it here:

Despite knowing the majority of it, I figure it’s still a good idea to go through it in case there is something we are unaware of that wasn’t mentioned with the datamining. Best to not leave any stones unturned when it comes to reporting back information.

So far, that is all I can think of and it wouldn’t surprise me if I forgot to include something. If anyone has anything else to mention checking out, it’d be a good time to do so. As I said, there is a good chance that we won’t see much regarding any new playable races, so the idea is just to focus on just reporting out findings.

Hoping for the best regardless! :bow_and_arrow:

9 Likes

This just popped up on Wowhead:

Looking into it to type more on it. :bow_and_arrow:

13 Likes

my transmog on this guy is as close as ive been able to get to the dark ranger look (without the hood, and just more of a aesthetical theme for a “dark ranger”) not meant to be an exact replica

Congratulations to supporters of Dark Rangers as belf customization, RIP to supporters of Dark Rangers as a class or race. Now I feel kinda dumb race changing my belf hunter.

8 Likes

First off, if anyone is in contact with Balesong, may I ask that they get sent that link, please? I’m sure they’ll be happy to hear the news.

From that post, the following related achievement gives Dark Ranger customization options (I assume there is a reason there are two separate ones with the same name) :

Return to Lordaeron - Complete the Return to Lordaeron storyline. Reward: ‘Of Lordaeron’ Title, ‘Dark Ranger’ Elf Customization

Return to Lordaeron (Hidden Character Achievement) - Complete the Return to Lordaeron storyline.

Allegedly, this is for Blood Elves and Void Elves, but oddly enough not Night Elves. Not 100% confirmed on this.

Looks like this might be the questline involving Calia. Just an assumption, of course. Not confirmed.

Will be hunting for more info. :bow_and_arrow:

7 Likes

I already sent her a DM in Discord. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

4 Likes