Dark Ranger Customization Options Request Thread

I don’t love this reply, mean, really, really mean but I still love you sis.

3 Likes

If it helps the chances of that being a thing are almost 0 :stuck_out_tongue: By the wording of Blizzard, it seems like she’ll be fine. I don’t like her (won’t ever) but would again need to be nicer if she brought in Darkfallen.

So long as the whole ‘actually you need to be holy or you’re evil’ attitude doesn’t exist, anyway.

6 Likes

This I can agree on because as I have said in our Discord I hate that whole thing because you can be evil and be a light follower, look at Yrel and Turalyon, the Turalyon one isn’t cannon but I would bet it will be if he actually stays leader of Stormwind in Anduin’s stead.

4 Likes
1 Like

Yea seriously when it comes down to Asian Humans locking the Scars which is kind of low in my opinion.

Dark Rangers for the WIN. This has been asked for by the community for a long long time. Give us the spooky rangers!!!

4 Likes

I don’t see an issue in adding a bright red eye and skin tone option for BE/NE

6 Likes

This was linked in the San’layn megathread. It apparently is the Alliance version of a quest involving Tirisfal Glades on the PTR for 9.2.5:

“An alarming rumor has reached me, thanks to our spies. The Forsaken are mustering in Tirisfal Glades. For what purpose, I do not know. Notably, Calia Menethil has gone there as well. We must know more of what they are up to, now that the accursed Banshee Queen no longer unites them. Go, don a disguise and see what you can discover. Observe everything. And if there is opportunity to gain their trust and learn more, do as they ask. I eagerly await your report.”

Will keep an eye out for the Horde version, as well as anything else of interest to report here. If anyone else finds anything, please share! :bow_and_arrow:

8 Likes

I have a good feeling about all these quests with the Darkfallen and the Forsaken appearing. There will more likely than not be a new meeting between Calia and Lilian Voss and perhaps some new ‘‘allotments’’, delegations of power if you will. In fact I will be really surprised if we don’t get anything DR related for our chars.

6 Likes

The Dark Ranger quest in particular really interests me. Having been introduced in 8.1, updated in 9.0 and now 9.2.5, I have only a couple of concerns.

1. It’s just some pet project of a single dev’s, which is why it hasn’t been added before now, and while it’ll end up being cool, it won’t end up in full customization/race rewards.

2. Since it’s been in game data since 8.1, but still not playable, I’m worried it won’t even be in 9.2.5 and we’ll just be left with “what is this quest for.”

6 Likes

While nothing new is really shown, Wowhead made an article reporting on that Alliance quest linked earlier:

I’m guessing there isn’t a Horde version on PTR yet. I assume there will be a Horde variant at some point, seeing as there are suppose to be events in Tirisfal Glades and it wouldn’t make sense to not do something there as Horde to begin with.

Will continue to keep an eye out for anything else of interest to report. :bow_and_arrow:

7 Likes

I hope this leads to Calia becoming more Forsaken like.

And that it leads to Horde Darkfallen.

8 Likes

Something I think would be cool for DR/Darkfallen heritage armor is a hood that shows hair coming out the sides around the neck. It’d probably have to not change with hairstyles, but the color could change.

5 Likes

A “Letter to Greymane” item was found recently, though what is written in it is currently unknown:

Speculation online is that the Alliance player gets caught in that quest where you spy on Calia and the Forsaken. I’m guessing she writes a friendly yet strongly worded letter to Genn. Not really sure what would be it, assuming the Alliance player actually gets caught in the questline.

Edit: Also a Dark Ranger quest was found on the PTR that existed before, but has now been updated to 9.2.5. Oddly enough, a Horde and Alliance version with the same quest text exists:

“Thank the abyss you’re here, Huntmaster -name here-! I’m concerned about Dark Ranger Velonara. We have become good friends during our time together in the Trueshot Lodge, and I fear she is in peril. She’s been training an apprentice dark ranger, a lad named Prelus. Newly raised, she said. At any rate, Prelus ran off after receiving a letter from his brother, and now Velonara has gone to Tirisfal Glades to find him. I have a bad feeling about all this. Could you check on her safety?”

Horde:

Alliance:

Not sure why there is a Horde and Alliance version, unless you sneaking around from the previous quest factors into it. Granted, I’m wondering if this quest was intended for unlocking Dark Rangers as a skin, given the “Huntmaster” mention of it. Not sure how that would affect playable Darkfallen if Dark Rangers ended up as a Hunter skin for Blood Elf and Night Elf Hunters.

If anyone finds out anything more on the letter and its contents, please share! In the meantime, I’ll continue to keep an eye out for anything else of interest to report. :bow_and_arrow:

7 Likes

It’s quite the mystery.

I hope we get Darkfallen options in 9.2.5.

9 Likes

Wowhead reported on the encrypted splash screen for 9.2.5. Nothing much really said on it other than brief speculation:

Will continue to keep an eye out for anything of interest to report. :bow_and_arrow:

8 Likes

Just a quick stop by to ask for playable Dark Rangers as an Allied Race for the Horde or at least Dark Ranger customizations for Blood Elves and for the Horde because I totally want my red eyes and my burgundy hair color. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

Bonus points for pink eyes and pink hair color as well. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Sorry if this has been covered already, reposting from my mmo champion post:

Delaryn Summermoon - night elf raised as dark ranger in Battle of Darkshore
Kitala Starshadow - dark ranger who guards Derek Proudmoore at one point

Both of these were last seen following Calia in Tirisfal.

The former has had their texture updated in 9.2.5, and the latter has a new texture.

At the very least, this means they should show up in the quests in 9.2.5.

Here are the images if interested:

Delaryn Summermoon
https://i.imgur.com/gstrkpC.png

Kitala Starshadow
https://i.imgur.com/U8370L6.png

7 Likes

6 Likes

Bellular did an overview video of known 9.2.5 stuff with some speculation mixed in:

Not too much new has come from it, and nothing really discussed about the possibility of a new race. At the 12:24 mark, he mentioned the updated Lament of the Highborne theme being the length of an allied race intro, but it’s very brief and apathetic. You’d think speculation on a potential new playable race would be a good talking point as opposed to being all “Welp, that’s a thing. Moving on…” briefly. Maybe if we start seeing more hints of a new playable race, we’ll get more speculation videos in general.

Will continue to keep an eye out on things of interest to report. :bow_and_arrow:

6 Likes