"Dark" blood elf

I think it’s prolly that it was first settled just after they arrived there, and shortly after their exile, and back then the moon was still a big part of their culture. Since then, I imagine the name just stuck.

2 Likes

Well, this option lets you emulate some of that fantasy if you wanted to be, say, a warlock instead of a demon hunter.

Just saying, more options should be seen as liberations, not constraints.

3 Likes

It’s a pretty weird change imo too… I don’t know how mutated night elves all the sudden started having different races similar to humans lol

14 Likes

They’re called Bloodelve’s cuh, why’d they all be white?

5 Likes

I’m super excited to get to play some darker skinned elves. <3 This game has been World of Whitecraft for 15 years now. Bring in some flavor please!

13 Likes

I don’t think the writers found it important to talk about each race’s different skin tone options. There’s more important things to address in a fantasy story.

7 Likes

What can I say? I don’t like racism disguised as being concerned by the lore :man_shrugging:

25 Likes

Night elves don’t, Night elves have an assumed equivalency to human skin tones based upon their own skin tones that are a broad range of coloration in their own skin tones. It would simply suggest the evolution from night elf to High elf would change to the human equivalency that are given to the night elf skins.

4 Likes

^^ yeah idk this is kinda where my standpoint is on all of it. It should be sorta implied that there’s a broad variety in skintones based in any race because…diversity. Where as lore to them was probably more important on explaining where their origin stories were.

3 Likes

in the making of tbc video, one of the devs stated that blood elves were evolved night elves. so any feature a blood elf has, should be reflected in night elves, unless one of the evolutionary changes was due to something else. like the fel elves of tbc, had very dark red skin due to directly imbibing fel. same for the eredar.

1 Like

Dark skin elves/Gnomes/Dwarves/Humans were ALWAYS a thing i’m pretty sure.

Just because it was not seen in-game does not mean anything.

14 Likes

“Those colors always existed, it happened just after they left the night elves, and adopt their their new culture under the sun, but the players never had it because the game limitations”

Boom, here you go, lore explanation right there.

There wasn’t a lore source of elves or humans or other races saying they could not get those skin colors, its a rpg, people play what they want and and sometimes they want those options, get over it quickly so we can have more customization.

WOW its a RPG too, accept and move on this NOT Lore BREAKING customization, this isn’t LOTR

7 Likes

you got 30 races that are not human at all or blood elf. how is it world of whitecraft?

21 Likes

HOLD up so because someone is worried about a lore contradiction that makes them a racist, you should get some help Tybrew if you think someone asking a lore question is a racist. To me it seems your the one pushing this to be political when it’s about lore in a video game.

19 Likes

Yes, and what I’m trying to say is that since Night elves have a broad coloration variety in their own skin tones as you see a darker purple to a lighter more fleshy purple the equivalency would translate when high elves evolve as well. :slight_smile:

Edit: Not meant to be taken in an angry stance or anything lol, I read it again and was like “D: I sound mean let me add a smiley.”

7 Likes

breaths in

breaths out

chief, please

14 Likes

isn’t contradiction m8, thats the point.

they never said or stated in canon that elves had just light skin colors

3 Likes

Calling dark skin charred or a bad tan is racist.

Saying stuff like this is too:

You guys really aren’t slick. We’ve been through this before, when humans were revealed with black and Asian customization.

19 Likes

the overall hierarching JRR tolkien fantasy of elves is they are fair skinned and blonde

3 Likes

This actually makes a degree of sense. The dark purples and blues turning into the darker skin tones, and the pale purples tending towards the lighter ones.

4 Likes